rick-glenn-wsof-10

Newly minted WSOF featherweight champion Rick Glenn sees two paths for his immediate future in the promotion. One offers competitive satisfaction while the other might be more personal.

“They offered me Lance Palmer right away,” Glenn told MMAjunkie Radio. “I’m interested in that. Of course, I’m the type of guy that says I’ll take whatever you give me. I’m here to fight.

“I want to move on. I’ve (also) had to fight guys twice in the past that weren’t happy with me beating them. Of course, they underestimated me. I don’t look like much right now; I don’t have my helmet on.”

About a month after Glenn (15-2) took off his trademark gladiator helmet, the guy he beat for the WSOF title started chirping about his loss. Georgi Karakhanyan (23-4) went on MMAjunkie Radio to say the new champ isn’t that good and that a rib injury was partially to blame for his performance, which ended when he was unable to answer the bell for the third round.

Obviously, that’s not encouraging feedback for Glenn, who trains out of Roufusport in Milwaukee and hasn’t lost in four years and 13 fights.

“It took away from the victory,” he said. “I respected the guy at first, and then all the comments came out. He’s just a disrespectful punk. I don’t think I’ll ever shut him up. I think I could fight him 100 times, and after the comments he’s made, I don’t think he’s ever going to stop with the excuses and complaining.”

Prior to their meeting at June’s WSOF 10 event, Karakhanyan did sign a high-profile endorsement deal with Reebok, so it could be that his complaints are the sour grapes that accompany a setback at a time of high expectations.

Glenn, though, wouldn’t mind trying to shut his former opponent’s mouth. If the WSOF wants to lay the foundation for a rivalry, he said he’s game to give Karakhanyan another chance.

A fight with Palmer, on the other hand, would provide a fresh challenge. It would also bring some additional credibility to his resume, as Palmer is part of the famed Team Alpha Male camp alongside UFC bantamweight champ T.J. Dillashaw and a bevy of UFC standouts.

Whichever opponent it is, Glenn wants a headliner in his next appearance, and he wants to fight sooner than later. He targeted WSOF 15, which takes place Oct. 24 and features a middleweight fight between champ Dave Branch and Yushin Okami.

“I need to pay some bills, please,” Glenn joked.

For more on WSOF 15, stay stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of the site.

MMAjunkie Radio broadcasts Monday-Friday at noon ET (9 a.m. PT) live from Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino’s Race & Sports Book. The show is hosted by “Gorgeous” George Garcia, MMAjunkie lead staff reporter John Morgan and producer Brian “Goze” Garcia. For more information or to download past episodes, go to www.mmajunkie.com/radio.

With Bellator Contract on the Line, Bobby Brents Sees Right Through Shamrock FC Opponent

Bobby Brents isn't looking past Shamrock FC opponent Bubba Grant, but he sees right through him with an eye on a Bellator contract. read news >>

Not Messing Around, Karen Darabedyan Confident Heading into RFA 38

Karen Darabedyan isn't messing around heading into RFA 38. Looking for his fourth win in a row, he's targeting a UFC call-up. read news >>

Dan Henderson vs. Hector Lombard: Winner and Reaction from UFC 199

Dan Henderson (32-14) is known for his “H-Bomb” of a right hand, but at UFC 199 he brought out the “H-Bow” against Hector Lombard (34-6-1, 2 NC). The two veteran middleweights went toe-to-toe in one read news >>

Heading into WSOF 31, Mike Ricci Feels His Experience is Finally Catching Up to His Ability

As he heads into a pivotal fight with Jason High at WSOF 31, Mike Ricci feels that his fight experience is finally catching up to his natural ability. read news >>

Josh Copeland Wants a Win at WSOF 31 and Many More Fights in 2016

Struggling to stay busy, Josh Copeland wants nothing more than a win at WSOF 31 and several more fights in 2016. read news >>

JUNE 17 — Jason High Looking to Finish Mike Ricci at WSOF 31

veteran lightweight Jason High is looking to finish his WSOF 31 opponent Mike Ricci when they meet on June 17 at Foxwoods Casino and Resort in Connecticut. read news >>

Newly Crowned KOTC Champ Juan Archuleta, Preparing for Eventual UFC Signing

Heading into his June 4 fight with Chris Tickle for the King of the Cage featherweight title, Juan Archuleta knew it was going to be a difficult bout. read news >>

Mike Arrant Replaces Injured Thiago Meller, Faces John Howard at WSOF 31

World Series of Fighting announced today that Thiago Meller has withdrawn from his scheduled welterweight contest against John Howard, who will now face Mike Arrant at WSOF 31. read news >>

Devin Powell Looking to Prove His Place in the Sport at WSOF 31

Following his lone loss in 2013, lightweight prospect Devin Powell has managed to go on a four-fight winning streak, with finishes in three of his wins. read news >>

Lewis not concerned with ranks, just wants to provide for family

Derrick Lewis has the biggest fight of his career upcoming against Roy Nelson at Fight Night Las Vegas on July 7. But Lewis isn't concerned about the divisions or rankings, he just wants to provide f read news >>