rick-glenn-wsof-10

Newly minted WSOF featherweight champion Rick Glenn sees two paths for his immediate future in the promotion. One offers competitive satisfaction while the other might be more personal.

“They offered me Lance Palmer right away,” Glenn told MMAjunkie Radio. “I’m interested in that. Of course, I’m the type of guy that says I’ll take whatever you give me. I’m here to fight.

“I want to move on. I’ve (also) had to fight guys twice in the past that weren’t happy with me beating them. Of course, they underestimated me. I don’t look like much right now; I don’t have my helmet on.”

About a month after Glenn (15-2) took off his trademark gladiator helmet, the guy he beat for the WSOF title started chirping about his loss. Georgi Karakhanyan (23-4) went on MMAjunkie Radio to say the new champ isn’t that good and that a rib injury was partially to blame for his performance, which ended when he was unable to answer the bell for the third round.

Obviously, that’s not encouraging feedback for Glenn, who trains out of Roufusport in Milwaukee and hasn’t lost in four years and 13 fights.

“It took away from the victory,” he said. “I respected the guy at first, and then all the comments came out. He’s just a disrespectful punk. I don’t think I’ll ever shut him up. I think I could fight him 100 times, and after the comments he’s made, I don’t think he’s ever going to stop with the excuses and complaining.”

Prior to their meeting at June’s WSOF 10 event, Karakhanyan did sign a high-profile endorsement deal with Reebok, so it could be that his complaints are the sour grapes that accompany a setback at a time of high expectations.

Glenn, though, wouldn’t mind trying to shut his former opponent’s mouth. If the WSOF wants to lay the foundation for a rivalry, he said he’s game to give Karakhanyan another chance.

A fight with Palmer, on the other hand, would provide a fresh challenge. It would also bring some additional credibility to his resume, as Palmer is part of the famed Team Alpha Male camp alongside UFC bantamweight champ T.J. Dillashaw and a bevy of UFC standouts.

Whichever opponent it is, Glenn wants a headliner in his next appearance, and he wants to fight sooner than later. He targeted WSOF 15, which takes place Oct. 24 and features a middleweight fight between champ Dave Branch and Yushin Okami.

“I need to pay some bills, please,” Glenn joked.

For more on WSOF 15, stay stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of the site.

MMAjunkie Radio broadcasts Monday-Friday at noon ET (9 a.m. PT) live from Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino’s Race & Sports Book. The show is hosted by “Gorgeous” George Garcia, MMAjunkie lead staff reporter John Morgan and producer Brian “Goze” Garcia. For more information or to download past episodes, go to www.mmajunkie.com/radio.

Manny Pacquiao shells out $3 - $4M on 900 tickets for his entourage

With tickets at a premium to this Saturday's mega boxing event, Manny Pacquiao purchased a $3 - $4M block of tickets to pass out to his 900 member entourage. This Saturday night's welterweight unific read news >>

Daniel Cormier comments on UFC stripping Jones of title: ‘This is a sad day for our sport’

Newly announced UFC 187 main eventer Daniel Cormier commented on the UFC’s decision to strip Jon Jones of his title. On Tuesday night, the UFC announced that they would strip Jon Jones of his light-h read news >>

Bellator 138: Daniel Weichel vs. Patricio Pitbull title fight set with Georgi Karakhanyan hurt

Georgi Karakhanyan has been waiting four years to get his revenge on Patricio "Pitbull" Freire in Bellator. Unfortunately, due to a knee injury in training, he's going to have to wait just a little b read news >>

Knee Injury Forces Bellator 138 Featherweight Championship Change

Bellator featherweight title challenger Georgi Karakhanyan suffered a knee injury that has forced him out of his title bid against Patricio “Pitbull” Freire. read news >>

Daniel Weichel replaces injured Georgi Karakhanyan, meets champion ‘Pitbull’ Freire at Bellator 138

Patricio Freire has a new opponent for Bellator 138. Georgi Karakhanyan, slated to meet the featherweight champion on June 19, has suffered a torn ACL and is out of the Bellator 138 co-main event. So read news >>

Video: Jon Jones Avoids Reporters After Making Bail

A few days ago, Jon Jones was preparing for his upcoming UFC light heavyweight championship fight against Anthony “Rumble” Johnson scheduled for May 23. Now the 27-year-old MMA star is running from r read news >>

Video: Floyd Mayweather vs. Marcos Maidana 2

Check out full video of the rematch between Floyd Mayweather and Marcos Maidana. Floyd Mayweather is preparing for his huge May 2nd bout with Manny Pacquiao that will likely be the biggest-selling fi read news >>

Demetrious Johnson is so good, he makes being the best seem like no big deal

Criticized for his inability to put fans in seats, UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson also had trouble keeping them there at UFC 186. Is it time to admit that fans just aren’t into “Mighty Mou read news >>

Woo Johnson Sees 2015 as the Year to Build His Future

Heading into Saturday's Super Fight League America show, Woo Johnson believes 2015 is the year that sets him up for the biggest stages of MMA. read news >>