A World Series of Fighting 2 headlining contest between former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski and onetime UFC welterweight contender Anthony Johnson is now official.
Arlovski (245.5 pounds) and Johnson (230.2) led a collection of 24 fighters to the scale, and all but one made weight without issue.
Saturday’s World Series of Fighting 2 event takes place at New Jersey’s Revel Atlantic City. The evening’s main card airs on NBC Sports Network.
The weigh-ins were a rather uneventful affair that started nearly one hour after they were scheduled to begin. Still, once fighters started the proceedings, things continued without issue.
Four-time UFC veteran Waylon Lowe was the only fighters to register heavy during his time on the scale. Lowe was 146.2 pounds for his featherweight bout with Cameron Dollar. Officials did not clarify whether or not Lowe will have to re-weigh or the bout will go on as scheduled.
MAIN CARD (NBC Sports Network, 9:30 p.m. ET)
- Andrei Arlovski (245.5) vs. Anthony Johnson (230.2)
- Marlon Moraes (135.5) vs. Tyson Nam (135.2)
- Dave Branch (185.2) vs. Paulo Filho (184.5)
- Josh Burkman (170) vs. Aaron Simpson (171)
- Gesias Cavalcante (156) vs. Justin Gaethje (155.6)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Untelevised, 7 p.m. ET)
- Cameron Dollar (144.6) vs. Waylon Lowe (146.2)
- Rick Glenn (145.4) vs. Alexandre Pimentel (146)
- Kris McCray (185) vs. Danillo Villefort (185.4)
- Igor Gracie (170.7) vs. Richard Patishnock (170)
- Ozzy Dugulubgov (160.1) vs. Chris Wade (160.8)
- Brenson Hansen (150) vs. Tom Marcellino (150)
- Frank Buenafuente (145.8) Bill Algeo (145.6)
For more on WSOF 2, stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of the site.
(Pictured: Andrei Arlovski)
view original article >>