Vitor Belfort has been told he will fight for the middleweight championship when he returns to the Octagon, and he wants to do it in his hometown.

"The Phenom" told Tatame he wants to face the winner of Chris Weidman vs. Lyoto Machida at Maracana stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. He declined to make a prediction for the main event of UFC 175, on July 5, but indicates Weidman as a preferable opponent.

"Bring Weidman. Tell him to train more," Belfort said. "Weidman and Vitor. It’s a fight for Maracana."

Maracana will host the World Cup final on July 13 with 75,000 fans in attendance. If the UFC can do a fight at the stadium, it would be the biggest live event in promotion history. PRIDE considered doing an event in the stadium in the past, but it never materialized.

The UFC returns to Rio de Janeiro in a yet-to-be-announced pay-per-view card on October 25 at Maracanazinho, but the gymnasium is not as big as Macarana. UFC 179 would be sold out with approximately 13,000 fans.

"I can only see Weidman vs. Belfort. I can only see this. I can’t talk about anything else, only about my belt. It won’t get in my head," he said. "Of course that I will watch the (Weidman vs. Machida) fight, but I only wait for a winner to fight me. I have no preference. I’m going after the title. I conquered this, that’s what I deserve."

There is no official word yet if the UFC will book Belfort to fight outside of Nevada after he tested positive for a surprise drug test conducted by the local athletic commission in February, but the Brazilian middleweight is confident that the testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) talk is behind him.

"They won’t have excuses now. It’s good," he said. "When I beat them, what are they going to talk about? Will they say I’m taking something from Mars?"

Anderson Silva says God told him to stop fighting after Chris Weidman loss

UFC legend Anderson Silva reflects on his losses to current middleweight champ, Chris Weidman. MMA is a cruel sport. In the realm of mixed martial arts, the tides can turn in an instant; invincible c read news >>

Anderson Silva: God told me to stop fighting following second loss to Chris Weidman

Are you there, God? It's me, Margaret "Spider." After sitting at the top of the middleweight mountain for nearly a decade, Anderson Silva's career took a major hit following back-to back losses to cu read news >>

Chris Weidman: Stephen Thompson is 'serious' problem for whole division

LAS VEGAS -- After TUF 21 Finale, UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman discusses Stephen Thompson's performance. Also, Thompson talks about his win, the relationship with his father, what he learn read news >>

Mendes vs. McGregor Results: Winner, Recap and Reaction from UFC 189

Conor McGregor told anyone who would listen that he was going to beat Chad "Money" Mendes. In the main event at UFC 189 Saturday night, he backed up the talk with a second-round TKO win over Mendes i read news >>

Outrageous Conor McGregor: His Irish Roots and an Improbable American Dream

DUBLIN — For Conor McGregor, it all started when his sister told him about The Secret. Erin McGregor had received a copy of the book from a friend, and she liked the things she read. She liked how th read news >>

Wladimir Klitschko vs. Tyson Fury set for October 24th in German soccer stadium

Wladimir Klitschko hasn't lost in 11 years, but is England's Tyson Fury the man to dethrone the heavyweight king? We'll find out this October. Wladimir Klitschko (64-3, 53 KOs) has nearly every major read news >>

Sonnen: Conor McGregor will cut 27 lbs in 8 days for UFC 189

Conor McGregor told Chael Sonnen that he weighed 172 lbs just 8 days before his bout. Can he make 145 lbs? It's no secret that Conor McGregor is one of the larger guys in the featherweight division. read news >>

Chris Weidman on teammate Eddie Gordon: 'I think he's a 170-pounder now'

The UFC middleweight champion speaks out on the struggling teammate Eddie "Truck" Gordon. After a successful stint on The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 19 that culminated in a Middleweight tournament win, E read news >>

Brazilian fighters react to new UFC drug testing program

RIO DE JANEIRO -- The UFC started a new UFC drug testing program on July 1, and all fighters are now subject to random, in- and out-of-competition blood and urine testing. ABCD, the Brazilian Agency read news >>

UFC still wants Weidman vs. Rockhold; 'Jacare' targets September return

Maybe Chris Weidman was just trolling Luke Rockhold. No sooner had the UFC middleweight champion hinted that the former Strikeforce champion might not be his next opponent, then the UFC squashed the read news >>