Few could deny that Vitor Belfort has been on a roll of late.

“The Phenom” has won four of his last five fights since coming up short in his bid to capture the UFC middleweight title from Anderson Silva, with only a short-notice defeat to reigning light heavyweight champion and pound-for-pound standout Jon Jones marring his record in that span.

On Saturday night, Belfort notched another of his trademark knockouts, finishing former Strikeforce champion Luke Rockhold in the UFC on FX 8 main event at Arena Jaragua in Jaragua do Sul, Brazil. The victory was not brought about by Belfort’s famous left hand, however, as the Brazilian instead clipped Rockhold with a gorgeous spinning heel kick that planted the American on the canvas. What followed was vintage Belfort, with the former light heavyweight champion battering Rockhold into unconsciousness with ground-and-pound midway through the opening frame.

Belfort, who made his professional debut in 1996 as a heavyweight, was once regarded by many as MMA’s poster child for squandered potential. However, that has changed with the 36-year-old’s resurgent success since dropping to 185 pounds nearly five years ago.

“I was part of two jungles. I’m the T-Rex, surviving in this new jungle, so I’m rebuilding myself, and God has given me the strength. Just as I used to be strong then, I am strong now,” Belfort told Fox Sports following his victory over Rockhold. “I think it was just this burning inside of me that said, ‘You didn’t accomplish what you [could have].’ I lacked so many things in my career. I [made] so many mistakes. “Dana [White] and Lorenzo [Fertitta] gave me the chance. I sat down with them, and I promised to give my best. I said I would finish as strong as I can. And I made a promise to my family and my spiritual father that I was going to finish strong,” Belfort continued. “If I don’t have the desire to go to the gym -- the desire to improve and [gain] new skills, then I should retire. I still have a lot of gas left in my tank. I thank God for giving me the strength.”

Belfort, who declined to call out an opponent following his spectacular knockout, attributes much of this year’s success to his camp, the Florida-based Blackzilians.

“I got [boxing coach] Pedro Diaz and [wrestling coach] Kenny Monday and [striking coach] Henri Hooft in my corner. I have the best team -- the Blackzilians,” said Belfort. “I have the best setup. They put me through training like a science. I was doing seven rounds of seven minutes with four different guys. We really have the best of the best in every area. The Blackzilians have a setup now like I never had in my life, and we have many great fighters, as well.”

Chael Sonnen Hit Hard by Joe Silva’s Retirement

Longtime UFC matchmaker Joe Silva, 20-plus years into his career, is calling it quits. Listen to Chael Sonnen's take on the gold standard for MMA matchmakers. read news >>

Miocic vs. Overeem: Career Stats, Highlights for Both Before UFC 203

Capturing the UFC Heavyweight Championship is one thing; defending it is a different matter altogether. That's the challenge Stipe Miocic faces when he welcomes Alistair Overeem to Cleveland in the m read news >>

Gall excited for 'best 15 minutes of career' vs Punk

Mickey Gall doesn’t plan on just beating CM Punk at UFC 203 – he plans on destroying the former WWE megastar in his UFC debut. read news >>

CM Punk Comments on MMA Career, Life After WWE and More

Ahead of his highly anticipated MMA debut against Mickey Gall Saturday at UFC 203, CM Punk discussed his development as a fighter and his past as a WWE Superstar in The Players' Tribune. Punk said th read news >>

UFC's CM Punk Experiment Gets off to a Painful Start

CM Punk’s new career as an MMA fighter got off to a painful start on Saturday. Punk proved no match for Mickey Gall at UFC 203, as Gall wasted little time taking the former WWE wrestler down and scor read news >>

CM Punk’s Drawing Power Might Not Be Enough | MMAWeekly.com

CM Punk’s UFC career may have been a one-and-done deal. The former WWE superstar made his professional fighting debut on Saturday at UFC 203 in Cleveland, Ohio. read news >>

Tito Ortiz: Chael Sonnen Payback Would be a Great Way to End His Career | MMAWeekly.com

For Tito Ortiz, there is no better way to end his career than to exact payback upon Chael Sonnen. read news >>

Why Does BJ Penn Want to Return Now? | MMAWeekly.com

After seemingly ending his career, over the past two years, UFC Hall of Famer BJ Penn has had time to reconsider. So, why come back now? read news >>

Would Luke Rockhold Pose Nude for His Modeling Career? | MMAWeekly.com

Luke Rockhold has delved into modeling. Inside MMA talked to him about it, as well as his rematch with Jacare Souza and relationship with Demi Lovato. read news >>

After going to judges for entire UFC career, Michel Prazeres has knockout planned in Brazil

Like many fighters who get asked about a penchant to go to the judges’ scorecards, Michel Prazeres believes there’s good reason he hasn’t been able to finish the four fighters he has wins over in the read news >>