Vinny Magalhaes at the TUF 8 FinaleVinny Magalhaes returns to the Octagon on Saturday night for his second tour of duty with the promotion. He faces Igor Pokrajac at UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto.

It’s been three-and-a-half years since Magalhaes last set foot in the Octagon. Looking back, it’s easy for him to realize the mistakes of his youth.

“Being back in the UFC means a lot to me,” Magalhaes said in an interview for his sponsor, Xyience. “This time, actually, I feel like I’m prepared to be in the UFC. The first time, even though I thought back then that I was prepared, I wasn’t really prepared. I was training with an MMA team, but I wasn’t training MMA myself.”

Magalhaes, now 28, believes he has the maturity to be successful in the UFC. Life has come at him full force, so his outlook is quite a bit different than it was as a young kid making his way to the Octagon via The Ultimate Fighter reality series.

Magalhaes finished as the runner-up to Ryan Bader on TUF 8, but losing to Bader in the final and then Eliot Marshall in a follow-up fight left him searching for answers. With a record of 2-4, he needed to right the ship… and fast.

He’s done just that. Magalhaes has gone 7-1 since his UFC exodus, including racking up five consecutive victories as he heads back to the Octagon, his sights dialed in on his career and providing for his family.

Magalhaes has a difficult task before him, however. With a 25-8 record, Pokrajac has more than double the experience of Magalhaes and has a penchant for knocking out his opposition.

“I feel like I’m a horrible match-up for him,” said Magalhaes, not intimidated by his opponent’s reputation. “He’s a good striker, don’t get me wrong, but I don’t think he’s as great as people think he is.”

Saturday night’s fight will tell the tale.

Check out Vinny Magalhaes’ full Xyience interview and training video, as he talks more about his UFC return, his workouts, and discusses training Chael Sonnen and the backlash he received from fellow Brazilians.

TUF 24 Finale reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media (welcome to Flavortown!)

Following Saturday’s UFC event, The Ultimate Fighter 24 Finale, in Las Vegas, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. read news >>

TUF Finale talking points: DJ, Benavidez and more

Demetrious Johnson shows off his greatness but Ultimate Fighter winner Tim Elliott proves he belongs, and Joseph Benavidez wins his third chance at history after epic battle vs Henry Cejudo. It's all read news >>

Jared Cannonier 'Ain't Scared' to Fight Anyone (TUF 24 Finale Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Jared Connonier isn't scared to fight anyone at heavyweight, light heavyweight, or middleweight. "The Killa Gorilla" made his 205-pound debut on Saturday. read news >>

Henry Cejudo on narrow TUF 24 Finale loss: 'Everybody keeps telling me I won'

LAS VEGAS – Henry Cejudo keeps hearing he deserved the win in Saturday’s co-headliner of The Ultimate Fighter 24 Finale, but one thing is certain: He’s just happy to get away from Joseph Benavidez fo read news >>

TUF 24 Finale winner Rob Font learned to strike first – and it paid off in a big way

LAS VEGAS – The only predictable thing about MMA is its unpredictability, and Rob Font has learned that lesson firsthand over the past several months.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Joseph Benavidez: Demetrious Johnson is the Only Fight I Want (TUF 24 Finale) | MMAWeekly.com

What's next for Joseph Benavidez following his win over Henry Cejudo, which secured his spot as the top contender in the flyweight division. read news >>

10 memorable moments from TUF 24 Finale, including Tim Elliott proving he belongs

Check out 10 memorable moments from The Ultimate Fighter 24, including a surprisingly game effort from title challenger Tim Elliott.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

TUF 24 Finale salaries: Title challenger Tim Elliott gets $100,000 disclosed payout

LAS VEGAS – UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson picked up his ninth consecutive title defense, and he also earned the top disclosed payout this past weekend at The Ultimate Fighter 24 Finale.Fi read news >>

TUF 24 Finale's Ryan Hall thinks Gray Maynard should have gone out on his shield

LAS VEGAS – UFC featherweight Ryan Hall might have no regrets about his tactics against Gray Maynard at The Ultimate Fighter 24 Finale, but even he can acknowledge the fight was “weird” at times. Fil read news >>

Demetrious Johnson Reveals TUF 24 Finale Knee Injury | MMAWeekly.com

Flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson may have suffered an LCL injury during The Ultimate Fighter 24 Finale. read news >>