UFC cage announcer and new author Bruce Buffer is finally dishing the goods on one of the more intriguing fights in UFC history.

Buffer was a participant. So was former UFC welterweight Frank Trigg. It took place in a Florida elevator, and UFC President Dana White and broadcaster Mike Goldberg were among the three fight fans in attendance.

Buffer recounted the tale on Tuesday’s edition of “UFC Tonight” on FUEL TV, in which he discussed his newly release autobiography, “It’s Time: My 360-Degree View of the UFC.”

It took place back in June 2006, when the UFC held two shows at Las Vegas’ Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in just four days. During the downtime, Goldberg and Trigg hung out and were preparing for a night on the town. But as they got on the elevator, White was already there.

“As soon as we’re walking in, Frank’s asking Dana to put him back in the octagon, which is fine,” Buffer said about the fighter, who had the left UFC a year prior after losses to Matt Hughes and Georges St-Pierre. “But I’m a watch freak, and Dana had on this great wristband on his watch, and I stepped in front of Frank to look at the watch, and suddenly I get a ridge-hand (strike) in my throat.”

Buffer said he was shocked – and a bit perturbed.

“I looked at Frank, and I was like, ‘You hit me. Why the F did you hit me?’” he said. “And he said the wrong thing to me. He said, ‘What are you going to do about it?’ And I just reacted since my old street kicked in. I punched him twice in the stomach basically with the same power with the old rules of sparring, 60 percent equals 60 percent.”

But as the fight continued for the next 10 floors, Buffer said it soon turned to a 100 percent effort, as he recounted in his book. However, once they hit the lobby, Buffer, who had cut his knuckle and was leaking blood, declared they were done.

“I looked at Dana,” Buffer wrote in his book. “He was smiling; he seemed to have enjoyed this little altercation. So had Frank. And to tell you the truth, so had I.”

Buffer said he and Trigg soon made up and continued their night in Vegas, which he ultimately declared “a fun-filled evening to me.”

Check out the above clip for the full discussion.

Jason Novelli Heads into Titan FC 38 Co-Main Event Planning a Big Career Year

Finally getting his training on track, Jason Novelli heads into Saturday's Titan FC 38 with plans for it to be a career year for him. read news >>

Overeem ready to finally claim his long-awaited title shot

Alistair Overeem’s journey to the top of the UFC’s heavyweight division hasn’t gone quite as fast as expected. But on Sunday night, he gets his chance to make good on squandered opportunities by secu read news >>

Cyborg vs. Leslie Smith Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 198

Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino finally made her UFC debut, and while it wasn't against the opponent everyone once expected, she delivered a predictable result. Cyborg defeated Leslie Smith via first-roun read news >>

Stipe Miocic Finally Breaks Veteran Stranglehold on UFC Heavyweight Title

Back in January, after a scheduled matchup between Stipe Miocic and Fabricio Werdum was postponed due to a Werdum injury, the Brazilian UFC heavyweight champ threw a little shade in the direction of read news >>

What's next for 'Cyborg' in the UFC? (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Cris Justino finally made her UFC debut on Saturday night, but don't expect a superfight with Ronda Rousey anytime soon. read news >>

What's next for 'Cyborg' in the UFC? (Yahoo Sports)

Michael Bisping on finally getting his title shot: 'I believe this is my destiny' (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Bisping is quickly closing in on UFC history. So why doesn't he get much respect in the sport? read news >>

Back from ACL Injury, Georgi Karakhanyan Wants to Stay Busy, Starting with Bellator 155

Finally bouncing back from an ACL injury, Georgi Karakhanyan wants to stay busy starting with Bellator 155 on Friday night. read news >>