UFC cage announcer and new author Bruce Buffer is finally dishing the goods on one of the more intriguing fights in UFC history.

Buffer was a participant. So was former UFC welterweight Frank Trigg. It took place in a Florida elevator, and UFC President Dana White and broadcaster Mike Goldberg were among the three fight fans in attendance.

Buffer recounted the tale on Tuesday’s edition of “UFC Tonight” on FUEL TV, in which he discussed his newly release autobiography, “It’s Time: My 360-Degree View of the UFC.”

It took place back in June 2006, when the UFC held two shows at Las Vegas’ Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in just four days. During the downtime, Goldberg and Trigg hung out and were preparing for a night on the town. But as they got on the elevator, White was already there.

“As soon as we’re walking in, Frank’s asking Dana to put him back in the octagon, which is fine,” Buffer said about the fighter, who had the left UFC a year prior after losses to Matt Hughes and Georges St-Pierre. “But I’m a watch freak, and Dana had on this great wristband on his watch, and I stepped in front of Frank to look at the watch, and suddenly I get a ridge-hand (strike) in my throat.”

Buffer said he was shocked – and a bit perturbed.

“I looked at Frank, and I was like, ‘You hit me. Why the F did you hit me?’” he said. “And he said the wrong thing to me. He said, ‘What are you going to do about it?’ And I just reacted since my old street kicked in. I punched him twice in the stomach basically with the same power with the old rules of sparring, 60 percent equals 60 percent.”

But as the fight continued for the next 10 floors, Buffer said it soon turned to a 100 percent effort, as he recounted in his book. However, once they hit the lobby, Buffer, who had cut his knuckle and was leaking blood, declared they were done.

“I looked at Dana,” Buffer wrote in his book. “He was smiling; he seemed to have enjoyed this little altercation. So had Frank. And to tell you the truth, so had I.”

Buffer said he and Trigg soon made up and continued their night in Vegas, which he ultimately declared “a fun-filled evening to me.”

Check out the above clip for the full discussion.

UFC 207 staff picks: Readers like Amanda Nunes, but how many of us are taking Ronda Rousey?

We’ve finally reached the end of the 2016 UFC calendar year. Check out our picks for the UFC 207 main card inside. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Ronaldo 'Jacare' Souza Finally Finds a Fight | MMAWeekly.com

Third-ranked UFC middleweight Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza finally has a fight. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 103 ceremonial weigh-in video, photos: Penn, Rodriguez finally face off

PHOENIX – The ceremonial weigh-ins are complete for the UFC’s Sunday return to Phoenix, and the fighters all faced off for the first time this week.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, read news >>

UFC Fight Night 103 post-fight facts: A thousand strikes later, B.J. Penn finally suffers a knockdown

Depending on your rooting preferences, Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 103 event ended in either exciting or disheartening fashion when Yair Rodriguez beat MMA legend B.J. Penn. Check out all of the post-ev read news >>

Brooklyn's own Phillipe Nover booked for UFC 208 home fight vs. Rick Glenn

Veteran featherweight Phillipe Nover finally will get a chance to fight in New York – and he’ll do it in his Brooklyn backyard.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Brooklyn's own Phillipe Nover booked for UFC 208 home fight vs. Rick Glenn

Veteran featherweight Phillipe Nover finally will get a chance to fight in New York – and he’ll do it in his Brooklyn backyard.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Chris 'Lights Out' Lytle is Fighting the Good Fight Outside of the UFC Cage | MMAWeekly.com

Retired UFC welterweight contender Chris "Lights Out" Lytle fought with heart inside the cage and is using his former fighter status to change lives. read news >>

UFC 207: Nunes vs. Rousey Odds, Tickets, Predictions and Pre-Weigh-In Hype

It’s the return that most UFC fans have been waiting for, and a return that some UFC fans are sick of hearing about. Ronda Rousey makes her return to the Octagon Friday night in Las Vegas in the main read news >>

Fighters react to Ronda Rousey's media blackout ahead of UFC 207

One of the top stories leading into Friday’s UFC 207 event surrounds Ronda Rousey’s decision to impose a media blackout prior to her women’s bantamweight championship headliner with Amanda Nunes.File read news >>

UFC 207 Video: Amanda Nunes & Ronda Rousey – Top 4 Finishes | MMAWeekly.com

UFC 207 headliners Amanda Nunes and Ronda Rousey have no shortage of finishes. Check out their top 4 finishes from their UFC careers. read news >>