UFC cage announcer and new author Bruce Buffer is finally dishing the goods on one of the more intriguing fights in UFC history.

Buffer was a participant. So was former UFC welterweight Frank Trigg. It took place in a Florida elevator, and UFC President Dana White and broadcaster Mike Goldberg were among the three fight fans in attendance.

Buffer recounted the tale on Tuesday’s edition of “UFC Tonight” on FUEL TV, in which he discussed his newly release autobiography, “It’s Time: My 360-Degree View of the UFC.”

It took place back in June 2006, when the UFC held two shows at Las Vegas’ Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in just four days. During the downtime, Goldberg and Trigg hung out and were preparing for a night on the town. But as they got on the elevator, White was already there.

“As soon as we’re walking in, Frank’s asking Dana to put him back in the octagon, which is fine,” Buffer said about the fighter, who had the left UFC a year prior after losses to Matt Hughes and Georges St-Pierre. “But I’m a watch freak, and Dana had on this great wristband on his watch, and I stepped in front of Frank to look at the watch, and suddenly I get a ridge-hand (strike) in my throat.”

Buffer said he was shocked – and a bit perturbed.

“I looked at Frank, and I was like, ‘You hit me. Why the F did you hit me?’” he said. “And he said the wrong thing to me. He said, ‘What are you going to do about it?’ And I just reacted since my old street kicked in. I punched him twice in the stomach basically with the same power with the old rules of sparring, 60 percent equals 60 percent.”

But as the fight continued for the next 10 floors, Buffer said it soon turned to a 100 percent effort, as he recounted in his book. However, once they hit the lobby, Buffer, who had cut his knuckle and was leaking blood, declared they were done.

“I looked at Dana,” Buffer wrote in his book. “He was smiling; he seemed to have enjoyed this little altercation. So had Frank. And to tell you the truth, so had I.”

Buffer said he and Trigg soon made up and continued their night in Vegas, which he ultimately declared “a fun-filled evening to me.”

Check out the above clip for the full discussion.

Twitter reacts to Nick Diaz's NSAC hearing, reduced sentence and fine

After months of waiting, Nick Diaz finally today reached a settlement with the Nevada State Athletic Commission that saw his five-year ban and hefty fine reduced. Check out the reactions.Filed under: read news >>

Nick Diaz Settlement Actions Once Again Tarnish Nevada Commission

Nick Diaz can finally plan a return to the fight business. That's the positive. But it couldn't be that easy. No way. It couldn't come until the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) managed to put him th read news >>

Dominick Cruz Doesn’t Know What’s Next, Doesn’t Think Injury is Serious

Having finally regained his bantamweight belt, Dominick Cruz doesn't know what's next and doesn't care. read news >>

Bellator 148's Ryan Couture ready for title contention, says pressure will break 'Pitbull'

Ryan Couture is finally ready to live up to the hefty expectations placed on him as the son of multi-time UFC champion and Hall of Famer Randy Couture.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

UFC on Fox 18: Ryan Bader Could Finally Win Our Respect by Taking out Rumble

By now, “respect” must feel like a pretty foreign concept to Ryan Bader. The 32-year-old Nevada native and former Ultimate Fighter reality-show winner is chest-deep in a five-fight win streak. Most r read news >>

Road warrior Nelson eager to get back on track at home

UFC's road warrior Roy Nelson finally returns to USA, and he's hoping to kickstart his title hopes back home in Las Vegas. read news >>

UFC 196 preview: The entertaining road to Rafael dos Anjos vs. Conor McGregor

In just four weeks, we finally get a champion-vs.-champion superfight. Check out the entertaining road that’s led us to Rafael dos Anjos vs. Conor McGregor.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Vi read news >>

Kailin Curran: Paige VanZant rematch would be 'awesome for both our careers'

• a day ago

Kailin Curran finally took a step forward in her career when she registered her first UFC victory in December. Now she wants to go backward and rematch Paige VanZant.Filed under: Featured Videos, New read news >>