UFC cage announcer and new author Bruce Buffer is finally dishing the goods on one of the more intriguing fights in UFC history.

Buffer was a participant. So was former UFC welterweight Frank Trigg. It took place in a Florida elevator, and UFC President Dana White and broadcaster Mike Goldberg were among the three fight fans in attendance.

Buffer recounted the tale on Tuesday’s edition of “UFC Tonight” on FUEL TV, in which he discussed his newly release autobiography, “It’s Time: My 360-Degree View of the UFC.”

It took place back in June 2006, when the UFC held two shows at Las Vegas’ Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in just four days. During the downtime, Goldberg and Trigg hung out and were preparing for a night on the town. But as they got on the elevator, White was already there.

“As soon as we’re walking in, Frank’s asking Dana to put him back in the octagon, which is fine,” Buffer said about the fighter, who had the left UFC a year prior after losses to Matt Hughes and Georges St-Pierre. “But I’m a watch freak, and Dana had on this great wristband on his watch, and I stepped in front of Frank to look at the watch, and suddenly I get a ridge-hand (strike) in my throat.”

Buffer said he was shocked – and a bit perturbed.

“I looked at Frank, and I was like, ‘You hit me. Why the F did you hit me?’” he said. “And he said the wrong thing to me. He said, ‘What are you going to do about it?’ And I just reacted since my old street kicked in. I punched him twice in the stomach basically with the same power with the old rules of sparring, 60 percent equals 60 percent.”

But as the fight continued for the next 10 floors, Buffer said it soon turned to a 100 percent effort, as he recounted in his book. However, once they hit the lobby, Buffer, who had cut his knuckle and was leaking blood, declared they were done.

“I looked at Dana,” Buffer wrote in his book. “He was smiling; he seemed to have enjoyed this little altercation. So had Frank. And to tell you the truth, so had I.”

Buffer said he and Trigg soon made up and continued their night in Vegas, which he ultimately declared “a fun-filled evening to me.”

Check out the above clip for the full discussion.

UFC 200 Results: The Real Winners and Losers from Brock Lesnar to Miesha Tate

It finally happened. The milestone of UFC 200 arrived. The big show. The big tamale. Think of everything that happened to get us here. Remember when Ronda Rousey was an assumed lock to headline this read news >>

UFC 201: Robbie Lawler vs. Tyron Woodley Full Card Preview and Predictions

UFC 200 is finally, at long last, a thing of the past. After a year of hype and a decade's worth of drama, fans can finally look past the gargantuan card and get back into the swing of a normal MMA s read news >>

For Dana White and Fertittas, UFC Sale Leaves Behind Complex Legacy

After months of intense negotiations, the deal has finally closed. As first reported by TMZ, the Ultimate Fighting Championship was sold for $4 billion to talent agency WME-IMG in the single biggest read news >>

UFC 200 in Historical Perspective

As UFC 200 is finally over, we take a look back in history and at the historic event to put it all into perspective. read news >>

Why Is the UFC Worth $4 Billion?

When the announcement finally came that the UFC had been sold after weeks of speculation, the $4 billion price tag entertainment agency WME-IMG paid for it raised eyebrows around the sporting world. read news >>

Mark Hunt Unloads on Brock Lesnar and UFC in Expletive Laden Interview

Mark Hunt exploded on Brock Lesnar the UFC on Monday, but finally got a response from the UFC in order to address his concerns. read news >>

Finally Healthy, Lynn Alvarez Returns Against Mizuki at Invicta FC 18

• a day ago

Lynn Alvarez will finally return to fighting on Friday, when she takes on late replacement Mizuki Inoue in a main card 115-pound bout at Invicta FC 18. read news >>

Namajunas Finally Ready to Meet Title Expectations

No. 3-ranked strawweight Rose Namajunas wasn't quite ready for superstardom after making waves on Season 20 of The Ultimate Fighter. But now, with title shot in reach, she's mentally prepared for any read news >>