UFC cage announcer and new author Bruce Buffer is finally dishing the goods on one of the more intriguing fights in UFC history.

Buffer was a participant. So was former UFC welterweight Frank Trigg. It took place in a Florida elevator, and UFC President Dana White and broadcaster Mike Goldberg were among the three fight fans in attendance.

Buffer recounted the tale on Tuesday’s edition of “UFC Tonight” on FUEL TV, in which he discussed his newly release autobiography, “It’s Time: My 360-Degree View of the UFC.”

It took place back in June 2006, when the UFC held two shows at Las Vegas’ Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in just four days. During the downtime, Goldberg and Trigg hung out and were preparing for a night on the town. But as they got on the elevator, White was already there.

“As soon as we’re walking in, Frank’s asking Dana to put him back in the octagon, which is fine,” Buffer said about the fighter, who had the left UFC a year prior after losses to Matt Hughes and Georges St-Pierre. “But I’m a watch freak, and Dana had on this great wristband on his watch, and I stepped in front of Frank to look at the watch, and suddenly I get a ridge-hand (strike) in my throat.”

Buffer said he was shocked – and a bit perturbed.

“I looked at Frank, and I was like, ‘You hit me. Why the F did you hit me?’” he said. “And he said the wrong thing to me. He said, ‘What are you going to do about it?’ And I just reacted since my old street kicked in. I punched him twice in the stomach basically with the same power with the old rules of sparring, 60 percent equals 60 percent.”

But as the fight continued for the next 10 floors, Buffer said it soon turned to a 100 percent effort, as he recounted in his book. However, once they hit the lobby, Buffer, who had cut his knuckle and was leaking blood, declared they were done.

“I looked at Dana,” Buffer wrote in his book. “He was smiling; he seemed to have enjoyed this little altercation. So had Frank. And to tell you the truth, so had I.”

Buffer said he and Trigg soon made up and continued their night in Vegas, which he ultimately declared “a fun-filled evening to me.”

Check out the above clip for the full discussion.

Barao at 145 pounds finally feels at peace

This Sunday Barao fights in the UFC featherweight division for the first time against Jeremy Stephens. He will be fighting against opponents bigger and stronger, as well as those hungry to put the na read news >>

Underdog Bisping finally has title shot; plans to flip the script

Michael Bisping wasn't supposed to be the opponent for Luke Rockhold at UFC 199 on June 4 on Pay-Per-View. But "The Count" is used to going off script. Bisping plans to make history and flip that scr read news >>

Do Michael Bisping and Urijah Faber Finally Get UFC Belts? (EA Sports UFC 199 Simulation Video)

How will UFC 199 play out? Will heavy underdogs Michael Bisping and Urijah Faber finally win UFC gold? read news >>

RFA 38 Results and Highlights: Thiago Moises Retains Title with Late Finish

Thiago Moises finally stopped Jamall Emmers in the fifth round with a TKO to cap off a finish-filled night of fights at RFA 38 on Friday in Costa Mesa, Calif. read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 23 Performance Replay: Team Joanna Finally Gets a Win

Josh Stansbury puts Team Joanna on the board with a majority decision win over Abdel Medjedoub after two hard fought rounds. read news >>

Heading into WSOF 31, Mike Ricci Feels His Experience is Finally Catching Up to His Ability

As he heads into a pivotal fight with Jason High at WSOF 31, Mike Ricci feels that his fight experience is finally catching up to his natural ability. read news >>

Fedor Reportedly Closer Than Ever in Active UFC Negotiations

Could Fedor Emelianenko finally find his way to the Octagon? It appears that the former Pride FC champion and the UFC are negotiating and closer than ever. read news >>

Defeated TUF 23 Contestant Gets New Life After Cory Hendricks Withdraws Due to Injury

• a day ago

Team Claudia's Cory Hendricks finally decided to withdraw from his The Ultimate Fighter 23 semi-finals due to a neck injury that didn't get any better. read news >>

Patricky "Pitbull" Freire Finally Ready to Sit the Bellator Lightweight Throne

• 3 hours ago

After five years of settling for "almost," Bellator lightweight Patricky "Pitbull" Freire (16-7) is finally fighting for the promotion's top prize. Twice Freire advanced to the finals of a tournament read news >>