UFC cage announcer and new author Bruce Buffer is finally dishing the goods on one of the more intriguing fights in UFC history.

Buffer was a participant. So was former UFC welterweight Frank Trigg. It took place in a Florida elevator, and UFC President Dana White and broadcaster Mike Goldberg were among the three fight fans in attendance.

Buffer recounted the tale on Tuesday’s edition of “UFC Tonight” on FUEL TV, in which he discussed his newly release autobiography, “It’s Time: My 360-Degree View of the UFC.”

It took place back in June 2006, when the UFC held two shows at Las Vegas’ Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in just four days. During the downtime, Goldberg and Trigg hung out and were preparing for a night on the town. But as they got on the elevator, White was already there.

“As soon as we’re walking in, Frank’s asking Dana to put him back in the octagon, which is fine,” Buffer said about the fighter, who had the left UFC a year prior after losses to Matt Hughes and Georges St-Pierre. “But I’m a watch freak, and Dana had on this great wristband on his watch, and I stepped in front of Frank to look at the watch, and suddenly I get a ridge-hand (strike) in my throat.”

Buffer said he was shocked – and a bit perturbed.

“I looked at Frank, and I was like, ‘You hit me. Why the F did you hit me?’” he said. “And he said the wrong thing to me. He said, ‘What are you going to do about it?’ And I just reacted since my old street kicked in. I punched him twice in the stomach basically with the same power with the old rules of sparring, 60 percent equals 60 percent.”

But as the fight continued for the next 10 floors, Buffer said it soon turned to a 100 percent effort, as he recounted in his book. However, once they hit the lobby, Buffer, who had cut his knuckle and was leaking blood, declared they were done.

“I looked at Dana,” Buffer wrote in his book. “He was smiling; he seemed to have enjoyed this little altercation. So had Frank. And to tell you the truth, so had I.”

Buffer said he and Trigg soon made up and continued their night in Vegas, which he ultimately declared “a fun-filled evening to me.”

Check out the above clip for the full discussion.

From Around the Web

VIDEO: Dana White Believes New York Will Finally Get a UFC in 2015 | MMAWeekly.com

With a dramatic shift in the New York Assembly's balance of power, Dana White is more confident than ever that the UFC will finally be at Madison Square Garden. read news >>

Crooklyn's UFC 185 main card breakdown & free Kountermove $250 fantasy tourney

Crooklyn finally does an official breakdown and offers up a free $250 fantasy cash tourney courtesy of the folks at Kountermove. After a two-week hiatus, the UFC is back this weekend with card number read news >>

UFC Fight Night 62 results: Erick Silva finally gets two straight, taps Josh Koscheck

RIO DE JANEIRO – Erick Silva handed Josh Koscheck a loss in the onetime title challenger’s last contractual obligation to the UFC – and finally got a second straight win under the UFC banner. Filed u read news >>

Ronda Rousey's latest fight is for the legalization of MMA in New York

It looks like the UFC and MMA are finally on the verge of success in the state of New York, and Zuffa is sending one of their biggest stars to try and move the agenda along. The failure of MMA to bec read news >>

Is New York finally about to legalize MMA, paving way for UFC at the Garden?

Could the state of New York finally be read to legalize MMA? After years of fighting, the end of the ban could come soon.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

If Michael Bisping finally gets UFC title shot, 'I won't fail my f-cking drug test'

Longtime UFC middleweight contender Michael Bisping still believes a title shot is in his future, and if he gets it, he can guarantee one thing: “I won’t fail my f-cking drug test for steroids.”Filed read news >>

Vitor Belfort Clearing All Hurdles, Gets License to Fight at UFC 187

Having passed multiple drug tests, Vitor Belfort finally gets approval to fight Chris Weidman at UFC 187 in Nevada. read news >>

Vitor Belfort granted license to face Chris Weidman in Nevada at UFC 187

Vitor Belfort has finally gotten the nod from the Nevada commission to fight at UFC 187. Tested five times in a row by the Commission, all results came back negative. Following five negative performa read news >>

In re-signing with WWE and nixing UFC return, Brock Lesnar finally found stability

Brock Lesnar choosing to re-sign with the WWE may be bad news for MMA fans, but it’s good news for Lesnar as he finally has found a way to be content in one spot.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>