UFC cage announcer and new author Bruce Buffer is finally dishing the goods on one of the more intriguing fights in UFC history.

Buffer was a participant. So was former UFC welterweight Frank Trigg. It took place in a Florida elevator, and UFC President Dana White and broadcaster Mike Goldberg were among the three fight fans in attendance.

Buffer recounted the tale on Tuesday’s edition of “UFC Tonight” on FUEL TV, in which he discussed his newly release autobiography, “It’s Time: My 360-Degree View of the UFC.”

It took place back in June 2006, when the UFC held two shows at Las Vegas’ Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in just four days. During the downtime, Goldberg and Trigg hung out and were preparing for a night on the town. But as they got on the elevator, White was already there.

“As soon as we’re walking in, Frank’s asking Dana to put him back in the octagon, which is fine,” Buffer said about the fighter, who had the left UFC a year prior after losses to Matt Hughes and Georges St-Pierre. “But I’m a watch freak, and Dana had on this great wristband on his watch, and I stepped in front of Frank to look at the watch, and suddenly I get a ridge-hand (strike) in my throat.”

Buffer said he was shocked – and a bit perturbed.

“I looked at Frank, and I was like, ‘You hit me. Why the F did you hit me?’” he said. “And he said the wrong thing to me. He said, ‘What are you going to do about it?’ And I just reacted since my old street kicked in. I punched him twice in the stomach basically with the same power with the old rules of sparring, 60 percent equals 60 percent.”

But as the fight continued for the next 10 floors, Buffer said it soon turned to a 100 percent effort, as he recounted in his book. However, once they hit the lobby, Buffer, who had cut his knuckle and was leaking blood, declared they were done.

“I looked at Dana,” Buffer wrote in his book. “He was smiling; he seemed to have enjoyed this little altercation. So had Frank. And to tell you the truth, so had I.”

Buffer said he and Trigg soon made up and continued their night in Vegas, which he ultimately declared “a fun-filled evening to me.”

Check out the above clip for the full discussion.

One year after shocking knockout, Johnny Eduardo finally cleared to fight

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Johnny Eduardo shocked the world last May by knocking out Eddie Wineland in the first round, but since has been sidelined with injuries. The Nova Uniao bantamweight, who has only fo read news >>

Video: Watch UFC 187's Vitor Belfort crush Dan Henderson in 2013

After three consecutive knockout victories, Vitor Belfort is finally getting his long-awaited middleweight title shot. Check out the final performance that earned him the opportunity.Filed under: New read news >>

Watch Mayweather-Pacquiao post-fight press conference full video replay

The dust has finally settled on Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao ... barely. It was a 12-round Welterweight championship unification match for the ages that failed to live up to its incredible hyp read news >>

Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao live streaming results for PPV card

Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao will finally collide tonight (Sat., May 2, 2015) in the main event of a blockbuster Showtime pay-per-view (PPV) inside MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. read news >>

Video: Mayweather-Pacquiao predictions, full fight preview

LET'S CELEBRATE! It's fight day, finally, and in about 15 hours, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao will square up inside MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, and punch each other in the bod read news >>

Pacquiao-Mayweather official weigh in results with full video replay

We are official ... finally. It took more than a half-decade, but Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao are now locked and loaded to trade leather tomorrow night (Sat., May 2, 2015) inside MGM Grand Ga read news >>

Former UFC Champ Jon Jones Finally Breaks His Silence

Jon Jones is now a king without a throne. The 27-year-old MMA star was stripped of the light heavyweight title and suspended indefinitely by the UFC on Tuesday in the wake of a felony charge for an a read news >>

Jon Jones: Stripped and Suspended, Can the UFC's Best Finally Right the Ship?

In retrospect, perhaps Jon Jones’ dominance over the UFC light heavyweight division was always going to end this way. It had become increasingly clear that the fight company’s other 205-pounders coul read news >>

Pros react to UFC stripping Jon Jones of his light heavyweight title

The unthinkable finally became the inevitable. Caught in another public relations quagmire from its pound-for-pound king, the UFC announced Tuesday that it was stripping Jon Jones of the light heavyw read news >>