UFC cage announcer and new author Bruce Buffer is finally dishing the goods on one of the more intriguing fights in UFC history.

Buffer was a participant. So was former UFC welterweight Frank Trigg. It took place in a Florida elevator, and UFC President Dana White and broadcaster Mike Goldberg were among the three fight fans in attendance.

Buffer recounted the tale on Tuesday’s edition of “UFC Tonight” on FUEL TV, in which he discussed his newly release autobiography, “It’s Time: My 360-Degree View of the UFC.”

It took place back in June 2006, when the UFC held two shows at Las Vegas’ Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in just four days. During the downtime, Goldberg and Trigg hung out and were preparing for a night on the town. But as they got on the elevator, White was already there.

“As soon as we’re walking in, Frank’s asking Dana to put him back in the octagon, which is fine,” Buffer said about the fighter, who had the left UFC a year prior after losses to Matt Hughes and Georges St-Pierre. “But I’m a watch freak, and Dana had on this great wristband on his watch, and I stepped in front of Frank to look at the watch, and suddenly I get a ridge-hand (strike) in my throat.”

Buffer said he was shocked – and a bit perturbed.

“I looked at Frank, and I was like, ‘You hit me. Why the F did you hit me?’” he said. “And he said the wrong thing to me. He said, ‘What are you going to do about it?’ And I just reacted since my old street kicked in. I punched him twice in the stomach basically with the same power with the old rules of sparring, 60 percent equals 60 percent.”

But as the fight continued for the next 10 floors, Buffer said it soon turned to a 100 percent effort, as he recounted in his book. However, once they hit the lobby, Buffer, who had cut his knuckle and was leaking blood, declared they were done.

“I looked at Dana,” Buffer wrote in his book. “He was smiling; he seemed to have enjoyed this little altercation. So had Frank. And to tell you the truth, so had I.”

Buffer said he and Trigg soon made up and continued their night in Vegas, which he ultimately declared “a fun-filled evening to me.”

Check out the above clip for the full discussion.

Finally: Kimbo vs. Shamrock video

Bellator heavyweights Kimbo Slice and Ken Shamrock battle on Friday as the main event of Bellator 138 in St. Louis, Missouri. The two were supposed to meet in the main event of EliteXC: Heat on Octob read news >>

After Years of Watching Teammates Fight, Marcos Santana Finally Ready for Pro Debut

Having spent years watching his teammates fight, Marcos “Ratinho” Santana is finally set to make his professional debut at ONE: Dynasty of Champions. read news >>

Eddie Alvarez opens eyes at UFC 188, battles back to notch first Octagon win

The former Bellator Lightweight champion finally met long-time rival Gilbert Melendez in a cage at UFC 188. What transpired was a little less than ideal for MMA fans, but still showcased the always d read news >>

UFC 188 results: One-eyed Eddie Alvarez wrestles his way past Gilbert Melendez

Gilbert Melendez and Eddie Alvarez finally hooked 'em up tonight (Sat., June 13, 2015) after years of back-and-forth jabbing as champions of other mixed martial arts (MMA) promotions in the co-main e read news >>

Cain Velasquez vs Fabricio Werdum full fight video preview: UFC 188

• 1948 views

It's (finally) time! Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez will look to unify the 265-pound titles when he battles interim straphanger Fabricio Werdum in the UFC 18 read news >>

Morning Report: Kimbo Slice believes Ken Shamrock 'still a threat,' compares him to Bernard Hopkins

Set to finally face UFC Hall of Famer Ken Shamrock at Bellator 138 in St. Louis, famed street fighter Kimbo Slice can't wait for June 19. The pair were originally booked to fight for the late EliteXC read news >>

MMA's version of Mayweather vs. Pacquiao finally takes place in UFC 188 (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: After off and on talks since 2007, lightweights Eddie Alvarez and Gilbert Melendez meet in Mexico City on Saturday. read news >>

UK Lightweight Rob Sinclair Battles Back for BAMMA Return

It has been a tough two years for Rob Sinclair, but the UK lightweight is finally getting things in order after overcoming a career threatening injury. read news >>

UFC 188 Predictions: Can Cain Velasquez Finally Make a Splash in Mexico City?

Calling a "do-over" never felt so good. Cain Velasquez and Fabricio Werdum will finally meet to unify the heavyweight title on Saturday at UFC 188 in Mexico City. When they do, they'll make good on t read news >>