UFC cage announcer and new author Bruce Buffer is finally dishing the goods on one of the more intriguing fights in UFC history.

Buffer was a participant. So was former UFC welterweight Frank Trigg. It took place in a Florida elevator, and UFC President Dana White and broadcaster Mike Goldberg were among the three fight fans in attendance.

Buffer recounted the tale on Tuesday’s edition of “UFC Tonight” on FUEL TV, in which he discussed his newly release autobiography, “It’s Time: My 360-Degree View of the UFC.”

It took place back in June 2006, when the UFC held two shows at Las Vegas’ Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in just four days. During the downtime, Goldberg and Trigg hung out and were preparing for a night on the town. But as they got on the elevator, White was already there.

“As soon as we’re walking in, Frank’s asking Dana to put him back in the octagon, which is fine,” Buffer said about the fighter, who had the left UFC a year prior after losses to Matt Hughes and Georges St-Pierre. “But I’m a watch freak, and Dana had on this great wristband on his watch, and I stepped in front of Frank to look at the watch, and suddenly I get a ridge-hand (strike) in my throat.”

Buffer said he was shocked – and a bit perturbed.

“I looked at Frank, and I was like, ‘You hit me. Why the F did you hit me?’” he said. “And he said the wrong thing to me. He said, ‘What are you going to do about it?’ And I just reacted since my old street kicked in. I punched him twice in the stomach basically with the same power with the old rules of sparring, 60 percent equals 60 percent.”

But as the fight continued for the next 10 floors, Buffer said it soon turned to a 100 percent effort, as he recounted in his book. However, once they hit the lobby, Buffer, who had cut his knuckle and was leaking blood, declared they were done.

“I looked at Dana,” Buffer wrote in his book. “He was smiling; he seemed to have enjoyed this little altercation. So had Frank. And to tell you the truth, so had I.”

Buffer said he and Trigg soon made up and continued their night in Vegas, which he ultimately declared “a fun-filled evening to me.”

Check out the above clip for the full discussion.

Morning Report: Alistair Overeem is convinced 'fearful' Fabricio Werdum wants no part of a rematch

Alistair Overeem got his wish to finally fight Junior dos Santos, but really he's gunning for another crack at UFC heavyweight champ Fabricio Werdum. Overeem claims a unanimous decision win over Werd read news >>

Katt Williams Eloquently Explains Why Nick Diaz’s 5-Year Ban is ‘Extreme’

MMA is finally mainstream, you guys, because Katt Williams is talking about it! Actually, he's weighing in on Nick Diaz's recent 5-year suspension for pot. read news >>

Trigg says ‘dolled up’ Nevada commission likely suspended Diaz to prove toughness

Former UFC fighter Frank Trigg shares his thoughts on the Nick Diaz suspension. read news >>

Submission Radio: Bellator Dynamite, WSOF 23, Fedor signing + Nick Diaz suspension

This week on Submission Radio, Frank Trigg and MMA Fighting's David St. Martin join Kacper and Denis to discuss Bellator & Glory: Dynamite 1, WSOF 23, Fedor's signing, and Nick Diaz's controversial s read news >>

Twitter reacts to Fedor Emelianenko's return for New Year's Eve event in Japan

Fedor Emelianenko finally provided answers to the questions about his future when officials revealed on Saturday that the former PRIDE heavyweight champion will return to Japan to compete on New Year read news >>

Can Linton Vassell’s Turnaround Turn into Bellator Gold?

Finally getting his training dialed in, could Linton Vassell be headed towards the Bellator light heavyweight championship? read news >>

TUF Latin America 2 - Episode 4 Preview

Team Escudero was finally able to get in the win column a week ago, as Horacio Gutierrez set aside an ankle injury that was hampering him in practice to take out Team Gastelum fighter Danny Salas by read news >>

Dominick Cruz: TJ Dillashaw and Duane Ludwig are 'idiots' for predicting knockout victory

Dominick Cruz will finally get his chance to reclaim the title he was stripped of last year, when he faces current Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw in the main read news >>

Watch Mayweather-Berto post-fight press conference full video replay

The dust has finally settled on Floyd Mayweather vs. Andre Berto ... barely. It was a 12-round Welterweight championship match that took place last night (Sept. 12, 2015) inside MGM Grand Garden Aren read news >>

'Cyborg' Justino to fight at 140 pounds on Invicta FC 15 card headlined by Souza-Grasso

Cristiane Justino will finally move down in weight from her home at 145 pounds, but it won’t be to fight in the UFC against Ronda Rousey. “Cyborg” is set to compete at 140 pounds at Invicta FC 15 in read news >>