In an extensive interview from Hong Kong, Dana White discusses several topics including his bucket list of destinations he wants to go to, Metamoris possibly being on Fight Pass, and the UFC's plans for Asia.
Dana White was in Hong Kong today to promote the upcoming UFC: Macau card, and during his time in the country, he spoke to Lili from MMA-in-Asia.com about a myriad of interesting topics. The entire video interview is above, but you can check out some highlights and topics from the discussion below:
Related: Lombard out, Woodley in against Kim at UFC: Macau
- Dana is excited about attending UFC: Macau in August 23, and he's bringing several fighters such as Ronda Rousey over.
- Dana said he definitely wasn't going to offer Kim anyone lower ranked than Lombard, so they called Woodley instead of the other potential fighters that was suggested by Lorenzo Fertitta and Joe Silva.
- The Philippines is very important to Dana, and Brandon Vera's release has nothing to do with the market's significance.
- Greece, Thailand, and the Philippines are the 3 places on his bucket list that he wants to go to.
- UFC drug tests everybody on the card for places without sanctioning bodies.
- Chael Sonnen retired, so Dana is fine with him competing at Metamoris.
- UFC is absolutely looking at Metamoris for a potential fight pass deal.
- If not this year, probably next year for Nick Diaz. "Who knows?"
- UFC can be 'absolutely massive' in Asia if all goes according to plan.