Rick Glenn courtesy of Brian FrankAmong the fighters that most stood out at Score Fighting Series 5 this past weekend was Rick “Gladiator” Glenn.

While having shown promise prior to his bout against Tristan Johnson, Glenn’s dominating performance caught the eye of people such as Score color commentator Robin Black, who said he was “as advertised, if not more.”

“I feel like I performed really well,” said Glenn. “Maybe I would have stood up with him a little more if I would have done it any different, or a knockout would have been pretty cool, but I’m really happy with it.”

While Glenn expected to be able to work his game against Johnson, the ease of how he was able to do so caught even him off guard.

“I was really surprised about that,” said Glenn. “The first couple minutes he felt kind of strong, but after that I felt like I could do whatever (I wanted).”

Having built his way up through the Midwest fight scene, the opportunity to fight live on national television in Canada for Score is a big step forward for Glenn’s career, even if he didn’t realize it beforehand.

“I didn’t really think about it before the fight other than I wanted to win and put on a good show and make a statement,” he said. “It wasn’t like until after I won that I thought I was on TV. I just went in there and focused on the fight.”

Glenn told MMAWeekly.com that his work at Roufusport has been invaluable for his growth as a fighter over the last year.

“A while ago they didn’t have too many guys there, but we’re really starting to get the total package,” said Glenn. “We’ve got some great striking coaches and great black belts who come in and help with our jiu-jitsu.

“We don’t always just work striking with Duke (Roufus). There’s techniques he’ll show us with strikes on the ground or in any position. We’ve got the total package; it’s not just a striking gym.”

As for what’s next, Glenn has issued a challenge he hopes will be accepted in time for Score’s U.S. debut in October when their sixth event will be broadcast live on AXS TV, and from there, possibly on to the biggest opportunity of his career.

“I did call out Chris Horodecki, and I would like that fight on Oct. 19,” said Glenn. “And before the end of the year, I’d like to get a call from the UFC and get into the big show.”

Should Glenn continue to perform like he has, the admiration of people new to him may only continue to grow.

“It just brings a smile to my face knowing that people are interested in me and like who I am and what I do,” said Glenn. “It’s just a really nice feeling.”

(Photo courtesy of RickTheGladiatorGlenn.com and Brian Frank Photography)

From Around the Web

Latest UFC Fight Night 72 fight card and rumors for 'Mir vs. Duffee' on July 15 in San Diego

Here's a fun little fact: Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) will hold four mixed martial arts (MMA) events in the span of seven days this July, including a special Wednesday night affair on FOX Sp read news >>

MMA Diaries: Discovering Russian pancakes and the German Terminator in Moscow

In the latest edition of The MMA Diaries, Karim Zidan travels to Moscow. The first entry sets the scene in Krasnogorsk, a suburb near the M-1 Challenge 56 venue, where he experiments with Russian fas read news >>

UFC on FOX 15: Road to Octagon video

Watch UFC on FOX 15: Road to the Octagon for FOX's preview of the latest UFC event on April 18 in Newark, N.J.. In the main event, former UFC champion Lyoto Machida squares off against Luke Rockhold, read news >>

The Fowlkes Finds: Gonzaga's head wound, Baroni-Schilling beef, Wanderlei's latest

From vicious Twitter beefs to the continuing enigma of Wanderlei Silva to “CM Punk’s” very illuminating explanation for why he wanted to leave the WWE for the UFC, here’s what’s happening on the MMA read news >>

UFC Fight Night 64: Latest Vegas odds, lines and betting guide for 'Gonzaga vs CroCop 2' in Poland

Get a detailed breakdown of the betting lines for UFC Fight Night 64 event that is set to hit Krakow Arena in Krakow, Poland, this weekend (Sat., April 11, 2015,), including best bets, underdogs, fav read news >>

Nate Diaz vs. Matt Brown Announced for UFC 189: Latest Details and Reaction

A marquee MMA matchup will unfold at UFC 189 on July 11 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas when Nate Diaz and Matt Brown tangle in the Octagon. Fox Sports 1's UFC Tonight broke the news of the im read news >>

The Question: Should Zuffa Cancel Depleted UFC 186 Card?

UFC 186, the latest in a string of utterly cursed fight cards, took another hit on Tuesday morning when a New Jersey judge granted an injunction to Bellator that will prevent Quinton "Rampage" Jackso read news >>

Latest UFC Fight Night 69 fight card and rumors for 'Gustafsson vs. Teixeira' on June 20 in Berlin

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is headed back to the Fight Pass digital network for a special 205-pound title eliminator that sends former division No. 1 contenders Alexander Gustafsson and Glo read news >>

UFC Fight Night 63 post-fight facts: Clay Guida's takedown numbers skyrocket

For the latest review of Chad Mendes’ impressive resume plus a look at other notable happenings from the octagon’s third trip to Fairfax, Va., check out 45 post-fight facts about UFC Fight Night 63.F read news >>