Vitor Vianna will enter Bellator 57 on a five-fight winning streak. | Photo: Keith Mills

In a standup confrontation, Russian middleweight Alexander Shlemenko is a whirling dervish of creativity, capable of unleashing a spinning back fist or exotic kick at a moment’s notice.

His striking aptitude has paid dividends, as the RusFighters Sport Club representative has earned 26 of his 42 career victories by knockout or technical knockout, including a second-round TKO of Brian Rogers in the Bellator Fighting Championships Season 5 middleweight tournament semifinals at Bellator 54 on Oct. 15.

Vitor Vianna, his opponent in the 185-pound final at Bellator 57 on Saturday in Rama, Ontario, Canada, is well aware of the dangers Shlemenko presents on the feet. That does not mean he is afraid to engage the Russian there, however.

“I can knock out anyone, and Alexander Shlemenko is no exception,” Vianna said. “All I need to do is punch him on the button, and he’s going down.”

The winner of their encounter receives $100,000, as well as a title shot against current Bellator middleweight king Hector Lombard.

A Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt under Rodrigo Medeiros, Vianna is noted for his ground skills, but three of his victories in a current five-fight winning streak have come via TKO. That includes a 54-second finish of Bryan Baker in their half of the middleweight bracket at Bellator 54. In that bout, the Brazilian dropped Rogers with an overhand right before finishing him with a barrage of hammer fists on the canvas.

As the bout began, Vianna felt that Baker was a little too nonchalant for his liking.

“I saw in his eyes before the fight; he didn’t give me the respect that I deserved, and it motivated me a lot,” he said.

Vianna felt extremely comfortable trading with Baker, whom many had tabbed as the tournament favorite following his TKO victory over Jared Hess at Bellator 50.

“My plan against Bryan Baker was exactly what I did -- keep the fight [standing] up and punch him very hard with small combinations,” Vianna said. “I trained that combination for him [for] about three weeks after my classes. He is good on the ground but has a lot of holes in his standup.”

While the Wand Fight Team product is confident he can trade strikes with Shlemenko, Vianna also realizes that his best opportunity for success could lie with his submission skills.

“I know Shlemenko is very capable on the ground, but I definitely feel like I can submit him. Whatever it takes; I’m here to be a champion,” he said.

Once considered one of the sport’s top unsigned talents coming out of Brazil, Vianna is quickly becoming an established commodity within Bellator’s middleweight ranks. A couple more victories will complete the transition.

“I want to show the world that I’m one of the best fighters on the planet,” Vianna said. “I can fight standup and on the ground. It doesn’t matter where the fight ends up -- I’m always ready to finish it.”

Bellator Confirms Hit-and-Run Incident that Cost Jordan Parson’s His Leg

Bellator confirms hit-and-run incident that reportedly forced the amputation of part of Jordan Parsons' right leg. read news >>

Josh Thomson Injury Forces Cancellation of Bellator 154 Bout with Michael Chandler

The highly anticipated co-main event of “Bellator 154: Davis vs. King Mo” between Josh Thomson and Michael Chandler has been cancelled. read news >>

Kimbo Slice Negotiates Steroid Settlement for Failed Drug Test in Texas

Kimbo Slice and his camp negotiated a lesser punishment with Texas for his Bellator 149 drug test that revealed steroids in his system. read news >>

Bellator Signs Three-Time All-American Wrestler Jarod Trice

Bellator MMA is proud to announce the signing of three-time All American wrestling prospect Jarod Trice to an exclusive, multi-fight contract. read news >>

Bellator's Jordan Parsons Has Full Leg Amputated After Hit-and-Run Collision

Jordan Parsons, 25, a fighter competing in Bellator MMA's featherweight division, has lost his entire right leg after falling victim to a hit-and-run vehicle collision early Sunday morning in Florida read news >>

Bellator Fighter Jordan Parsons, 25, Dies Following Hit-and-Run Incident

Bellator featherweight fighter Jordan Parsons, a victim of a hit-and-run incident on Sunday, passed away on Wednesday. read news >>

Jordan Parsons, Bellator Fighter, Dies at Age 25

Bellator fighter Jordan Parsons has died at the age of 25, three days after he was the victim of a hit-and-run accident in Florida. Bellator President Scott Coker confirmed Parsons' death Wednesday i read news >>

Bellator 154: Davis vs. King Mo Fight Card Complete with Two New Main Card Bouts

The Bellator 154: Davis vs. King Mo fight card has been finalized with the addition of two new main card bouts. read news >>

Paige VanZant Confirms Ronda Rousey Cussed Her Out, Calls Confrontation ‘Unnecessary’

Popular strawweight Paige VanZant confirmed that she was recently cussed out by former bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey for congratulating Holly Holm. read news >>

Remembering Jordan Parsons (1990-2016)

Bellator featherweight up-and-comer Jordan Parsons was struck by vehicle while walking home on May 1. He suffered injuries that would inevitably take his life. read news >>