Vitor Vianna will enter Bellator 57 on a five-fight winning streak. | Photo: Keith Mills

In a standup confrontation, Russian middleweight Alexander Shlemenko is a whirling dervish of creativity, capable of unleashing a spinning back fist or exotic kick at a moment’s notice.

His striking aptitude has paid dividends, as the RusFighters Sport Club representative has earned 26 of his 42 career victories by knockout or technical knockout, including a second-round TKO of Brian Rogers in the Bellator Fighting Championships Season 5 middleweight tournament semifinals at Bellator 54 on Oct. 15.

Vitor Vianna, his opponent in the 185-pound final at Bellator 57 on Saturday in Rama, Ontario, Canada, is well aware of the dangers Shlemenko presents on the feet. That does not mean he is afraid to engage the Russian there, however.

“I can knock out anyone, and Alexander Shlemenko is no exception,” Vianna said. “All I need to do is punch him on the button, and he’s going down.”

The winner of their encounter receives $100,000, as well as a title shot against current Bellator middleweight king Hector Lombard.

A Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt under Rodrigo Medeiros, Vianna is noted for his ground skills, but three of his victories in a current five-fight winning streak have come via TKO. That includes a 54-second finish of Bryan Baker in their half of the middleweight bracket at Bellator 54. In that bout, the Brazilian dropped Rogers with an overhand right before finishing him with a barrage of hammer fists on the canvas.

As the bout began, Vianna felt that Baker was a little too nonchalant for his liking.

“I saw in his eyes before the fight; he didn’t give me the respect that I deserved, and it motivated me a lot,” he said.

Vianna felt extremely comfortable trading with Baker, whom many had tabbed as the tournament favorite following his TKO victory over Jared Hess at Bellator 50.

“My plan against Bryan Baker was exactly what I did -- keep the fight [standing] up and punch him very hard with small combinations,” Vianna said. “I trained that combination for him [for] about three weeks after my classes. He is good on the ground but has a lot of holes in his standup.”

While the Wand Fight Team product is confident he can trade strikes with Shlemenko, Vianna also realizes that his best opportunity for success could lie with his submission skills.

“I know Shlemenko is very capable on the ground, but I definitely feel like I can submit him. Whatever it takes; I’m here to be a champion,” he said.

Once considered one of the sport’s top unsigned talents coming out of Brazil, Vianna is quickly becoming an established commodity within Bellator’s middleweight ranks. A couple more victories will complete the transition.

“I want to show the world that I’m one of the best fighters on the planet,” Vianna said. “I can fight standup and on the ground. It doesn’t matter where the fight ends up -- I’m always ready to finish it.”

5 reasons to watch Bellator 164 – the promotion's debut in Israel and a welterweight title fight

Bellator continues to expand to new markets and heads to Israel for Bellator 164. Check out five reasons to watch the card. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator champ Koreshkov not bothered by Lima's injury claims, but says all fighters deal with them

After losing Bellator’s welterweight belt to Andrey Koreshkov last year, Douglas Lima said that, impaired by injuries, he shouldn’t even have been in the cage that night. But the current champ, it se read news >>

Georgi Karakhanyan Plans Move to Lightweight Following Featherweight Fight in Israel | MMAWeekly.com

Following his Bellator 164 bout in Israel, Georgi Karakhanyan plans to leave featherweight behind and make the move to lightweight for some pivotal bouts. read news >>

Bellator 164 Results: Winners, Scorecards from Koreshkov vs. Lima 2 Card

Douglas Lima avenged his 2015 defeat to Andrey Koreshkov on Thursday in Tel Aviv, Israel. The 28-year-old Brazilian knocked Koreshkov out to win the welterweight world title in the main event at Bell read news >>

Bellator 164 results: Douglas Lima drops Andrey Koreshkov to reclaim title

More than a year after losing his title, Douglas Lima knocked out Andrey Koreshkov to avenge a loss and take back the Bellator welterweight title.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Douglas Lima Recaptures Welterweight Title at Bellator 164 in Israel | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator's first event in Israel, "Bellator 164: Koreshkov vs. Lima," was capped by Douglas Lima recapturing the welterweight championship. read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov on Conor McGregor Backstage Confrontation (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Lightweight contender Khabib Nurmagomedov talks about his backstage confrontation with Conor McGregor after weighing in for UFC 205. read news >>

Tyron Woodley Recounts Conor McGregor Backstage Confrontation | MMAWeekly.com

Tyron Woodley talks about the various run-ins he had with Conor McGregor during UFC 205 fight week, culminating in a backstage confrontation. read news >>

Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio #2326 with Chael Sonnen

Stream or download Monday’s edition of MMAjunkie Radio with Chael Sonnen.Filed under: Bellator, News, Radio read news >>

Bellator 165 headliners Michael Chandler and Benson Henderson open to welterweight conquests

Bellator lightweight champ Michael Chandler and title challenger Benson Henderson aren’t looking to be the Viacom-owned promotion’s Conor McGregor, but the idea of chasing another belt isn’t out of t read news >>