Vitor Vianna will enter Bellator 57 on a five-fight winning streak. | Photo: Keith Mills

In a standup confrontation, Russian middleweight Alexander Shlemenko is a whirling dervish of creativity, capable of unleashing a spinning back fist or exotic kick at a moment’s notice.

His striking aptitude has paid dividends, as the RusFighters Sport Club representative has earned 26 of his 42 career victories by knockout or technical knockout, including a second-round TKO of Brian Rogers in the Bellator Fighting Championships Season 5 middleweight tournament semifinals at Bellator 54 on Oct. 15.

Vitor Vianna, his opponent in the 185-pound final at Bellator 57 on Saturday in Rama, Ontario, Canada, is well aware of the dangers Shlemenko presents on the feet. That does not mean he is afraid to engage the Russian there, however.

“I can knock out anyone, and Alexander Shlemenko is no exception,” Vianna said. “All I need to do is punch him on the button, and he’s going down.”

The winner of their encounter receives $100,000, as well as a title shot against current Bellator middleweight king Hector Lombard.

A Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt under Rodrigo Medeiros, Vianna is noted for his ground skills, but three of his victories in a current five-fight winning streak have come via TKO. That includes a 54-second finish of Bryan Baker in their half of the middleweight bracket at Bellator 54. In that bout, the Brazilian dropped Rogers with an overhand right before finishing him with a barrage of hammer fists on the canvas.

As the bout began, Vianna felt that Baker was a little too nonchalant for his liking.

“I saw in his eyes before the fight; he didn’t give me the respect that I deserved, and it motivated me a lot,” he said.

Vianna felt extremely comfortable trading with Baker, whom many had tabbed as the tournament favorite following his TKO victory over Jared Hess at Bellator 50.

“My plan against Bryan Baker was exactly what I did -- keep the fight [standing] up and punch him very hard with small combinations,” Vianna said. “I trained that combination for him [for] about three weeks after my classes. He is good on the ground but has a lot of holes in his standup.”

While the Wand Fight Team product is confident he can trade strikes with Shlemenko, Vianna also realizes that his best opportunity for success could lie with his submission skills.

“I know Shlemenko is very capable on the ground, but I definitely feel like I can submit him. Whatever it takes; I’m here to be a champion,” he said.

Once considered one of the sport’s top unsigned talents coming out of Brazil, Vianna is quickly becoming an established commodity within Bellator’s middleweight ranks. A couple more victories will complete the transition.

“I want to show the world that I’m one of the best fighters on the planet,” Vianna said. “I can fight standup and on the ground. It doesn’t matter where the fight ends up -- I’m always ready to finish it.”

MMAjunkie Radio (1 p.m. ET): Daniel Cormier and Daniel Straus

MMAjunkie Radio kicks off at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT) with guests Daniel Cormier and Daniel Straus.Filed under: Bellator, News, UFC read news >>

Bellator 145's David Rickels on Chandler rematch: 'This one's special to my heart'

For David Rickels, his rematch with Michael Chandler is an opportunity to prove how far he’s come.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Reminder: Part 2 of 'Road To Bellator 145: With A Vengeance' airs tonight on Spike

As a reminder, the second part of a behind-the-scenes series previewing this week’s Bellator 145 event premiers tonight on Spike.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

James Thompson Has Sights Set on Bobby Lashley… and Bellator Belt

Having turned his life around, James Thompson has his sights set on Bobby Lashley and then the Bellator heavyweight belt. read news >>

Bellator 145's Will Brooks doesn’t feel 'much of a threat by anybody' in Bellator

Bellator lightweight champion Will Brooks is comfortable with his position in the sport and he doesn’t foresee it changing anytime soon. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Featherweight champ Patricio 'Pitbull': Bellator needs more fighters to challenge for my belt

Patricio Freire wants Bellator to sign some fresh blood to the featherweight division that can present an immediate threat to his title reign.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

UFC: Jon Jones Needles Daniel Cormier over New Mexico Confrontation

Barely one week after his UFC reinstatement, Jon Jones is pulling out all the stops to irritate Daniel Cormier. Jones took to Twitter over the weekend to needle his nemesis in the context of a new ca read news >>

Video: Part 1 of 'Road To Bellator 145: With A Vengeance,' featuring 'Pitbull,' Straus

Did you miss the debut of Part 1 of “Road To Bellator 145: With A Vengeance,” or just want to watch it again? Check out the full first episode. Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Former Bellator Champ Michael Chandler Will Do Whatever it Takes to Get Belt Back

Former Bellator champ Michael Chandler has finally turned things around, and he doesn't plan on stopping before he gets the belt back. read news >>

Marcin Held scoffs at Will Brooks' 'one-dimensional' label ahead of Bellator title fight

Marcin Held has no interest in engaging in a war of words with Will Brooks ahead of their Bellator lightweight championship showdown at Bellator 145 on Nov. 6. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>