Vitor Vianna will enter Bellator 57 on a five-fight winning streak. | Photo: Keith Mills

In a standup confrontation, Russian middleweight Alexander Shlemenko is a whirling dervish of creativity, capable of unleashing a spinning back fist or exotic kick at a moment’s notice.

His striking aptitude has paid dividends, as the RusFighters Sport Club representative has earned 26 of his 42 career victories by knockout or technical knockout, including a second-round TKO of Brian Rogers in the Bellator Fighting Championships Season 5 middleweight tournament semifinals at Bellator 54 on Oct. 15.

Vitor Vianna, his opponent in the 185-pound final at Bellator 57 on Saturday in Rama, Ontario, Canada, is well aware of the dangers Shlemenko presents on the feet. That does not mean he is afraid to engage the Russian there, however.

“I can knock out anyone, and Alexander Shlemenko is no exception,” Vianna said. “All I need to do is punch him on the button, and he’s going down.”

The winner of their encounter receives $100,000, as well as a title shot against current Bellator middleweight king Hector Lombard.

A Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt under Rodrigo Medeiros, Vianna is noted for his ground skills, but three of his victories in a current five-fight winning streak have come via TKO. That includes a 54-second finish of Bryan Baker in their half of the middleweight bracket at Bellator 54. In that bout, the Brazilian dropped Rogers with an overhand right before finishing him with a barrage of hammer fists on the canvas.

As the bout began, Vianna felt that Baker was a little too nonchalant for his liking.

“I saw in his eyes before the fight; he didn’t give me the respect that I deserved, and it motivated me a lot,” he said.

Vianna felt extremely comfortable trading with Baker, whom many had tabbed as the tournament favorite following his TKO victory over Jared Hess at Bellator 50.

“My plan against Bryan Baker was exactly what I did -- keep the fight [standing] up and punch him very hard with small combinations,” Vianna said. “I trained that combination for him [for] about three weeks after my classes. He is good on the ground but has a lot of holes in his standup.”

While the Wand Fight Team product is confident he can trade strikes with Shlemenko, Vianna also realizes that his best opportunity for success could lie with his submission skills.

“I know Shlemenko is very capable on the ground, but I definitely feel like I can submit him. Whatever it takes; I’m here to be a champion,” he said.

Once considered one of the sport’s top unsigned talents coming out of Brazil, Vianna is quickly becoming an established commodity within Bellator’s middleweight ranks. A couple more victories will complete the transition.

“I want to show the world that I’m one of the best fighters on the planet,” Vianna said. “I can fight standup and on the ground. It doesn’t matter where the fight ends up -- I’m always ready to finish it.”

Frustrated with the career development of Bellator's Michael Page? Well he is, too

Michael Page’s career hasn’t exactly gone the way he or his devoted followers had hoped after more than four years in the game.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Jordan Parsons meets Adam Piccolotti on Bellator 154 main card in San Jose

A clash between two young lightweights is slated for the Bellator 154 main card with Jordan Parsons set to take on Adam Piccolotti.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Ken Shamrock claims positive test caused by pituitary medication, asks for more time

UFC Hall of Famer and Bellator fighter Ken Shamrock told an investigator for the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation his positive Bellator 149 drug test was caused by medications taken for a read news >>

John Teixeira injured, out of Bellator 153 co-main event with Patricio Freire

Bellator will have to find a new co-main event for Bellator 153 as an injury has forced John Teixeira out of his featherweight bout with Patricio Freire.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Matt Mitrione to Bellator heavyweights: 'You’re not doing enough'

For Matt Mitrione, stirring the pot is nothing new. So even though Bellator’s newest free-agent acquisition doesn’t even have a fight booked, it comes as no surprise that he’s already shaking up thin read news >>

Kevin Souza replaces Derek Campos in Saturday's Bellator 152 headliner

Bellator has a new main event for its Saturday debut in Italy, officials today told MMAjunkie.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Bellator Italian Debut Suffers Main Event Shake-Up

Bellator 152 marks the fight promotion's first event in Italy, but has suffered a hit to the main event. read news >>

Patricio Freire now meets Henry Corrales in Bellator 153 co-headliner

Patricio Freire has a new opponent for this month’s Bellator 153 co-headliner.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator's Phil Davis, a year after free agency: ‘It was the most indifferent I’ve felt’

Phil Davis is visibly hungry in 2016. The current Bellator light heavyweight didn’t always feel that way in 2015 as he closed out his UFC career and tested free agency.Filed under: Bellator, News, UF read news >>

Brian Rogers Plans to Unleash the Predator on Italy at Bellator 152

Back on track, Brian Rogers plans to unleash the Predator on Italy, when he faces Alessio Sakara this week at Bellator 152. read news >>