Vitor Vianna will enter Bellator 57 on a five-fight winning streak. | Photo: Keith Mills

In a standup confrontation, Russian middleweight Alexander Shlemenko is a whirling dervish of creativity, capable of unleashing a spinning back fist or exotic kick at a moment’s notice.

His striking aptitude has paid dividends, as the RusFighters Sport Club representative has earned 26 of his 42 career victories by knockout or technical knockout, including a second-round TKO of Brian Rogers in the Bellator Fighting Championships Season 5 middleweight tournament semifinals at Bellator 54 on Oct. 15.

Vitor Vianna, his opponent in the 185-pound final at Bellator 57 on Saturday in Rama, Ontario, Canada, is well aware of the dangers Shlemenko presents on the feet. That does not mean he is afraid to engage the Russian there, however.

“I can knock out anyone, and Alexander Shlemenko is no exception,” Vianna said. “All I need to do is punch him on the button, and he’s going down.”

The winner of their encounter receives $100,000, as well as a title shot against current Bellator middleweight king Hector Lombard.

A Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt under Rodrigo Medeiros, Vianna is noted for his ground skills, but three of his victories in a current five-fight winning streak have come via TKO. That includes a 54-second finish of Bryan Baker in their half of the middleweight bracket at Bellator 54. In that bout, the Brazilian dropped Rogers with an overhand right before finishing him with a barrage of hammer fists on the canvas.

As the bout began, Vianna felt that Baker was a little too nonchalant for his liking.

“I saw in his eyes before the fight; he didn’t give me the respect that I deserved, and it motivated me a lot,” he said.

Vianna felt extremely comfortable trading with Baker, whom many had tabbed as the tournament favorite following his TKO victory over Jared Hess at Bellator 50.

“My plan against Bryan Baker was exactly what I did -- keep the fight [standing] up and punch him very hard with small combinations,” Vianna said. “I trained that combination for him [for] about three weeks after my classes. He is good on the ground but has a lot of holes in his standup.”

While the Wand Fight Team product is confident he can trade strikes with Shlemenko, Vianna also realizes that his best opportunity for success could lie with his submission skills.

“I know Shlemenko is very capable on the ground, but I definitely feel like I can submit him. Whatever it takes; I’m here to be a champion,” he said.

Once considered one of the sport’s top unsigned talents coming out of Brazil, Vianna is quickly becoming an established commodity within Bellator’s middleweight ranks. A couple more victories will complete the transition.

“I want to show the world that I’m one of the best fighters on the planet,” Vianna said. “I can fight standup and on the ground. It doesn’t matter where the fight ends up -- I’m always ready to finish it.”

Former Champ Alexander Shlemenko Returns to Headline Bellator 162

Former middleweight champion Alexander Shlemenko and WWE Superstar Bobby Lashley return to action at Bellator 162 in October. read news >>

Georges St-Pierre Believes Rory MacDonald ‘Chose the Best Option’ by Signing with Bellator

Former UFC champion Georges St-Pierre believes his friend, Rory MacDonald, made the right move, signing with rival promotion Bellator MMA. read news >>

After Grisly Skull Fracture, Bellator Should Say No to Return of Cyborg Santos

In the MMA world Monday, the figure holding the scale between integrity and lucre looked less like a blindfolded woman and more like Scott Coker. The same day, Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos, a 38-year- read news >>

Bellator 160: Henderson vs. Pitbull Main Card Fight Highlights

Bellator's return to SoCal came with some amazing finishes by rising star AJ McKee and Georgi Karakhanyan, while Derek Anderson continued his win streak. read news >>

UFC Signs Former Bellator Lightweight Title Contender Marcin Held

On the heels of Bellator inking a deal with former UFC welterweight contender Rory MacDonald, the UFC has signed former Bellator tournament winner Marcin Held. read news >>

Moving from UFC to Bellator, Rory MacDonald Begins His Vision Quest

After 21 violent minutes, Rory MacDonald's arsenal was spent. Beyond his last breath, the Canadian contender had nothing left to give as he lay shattered on the Octagon canvas. Few people realized it read news >>

Benson Henderson Will Get His Second Bellator Title Shot in November

After failing to win the Bellator welterweight title, former UFC champion Benson Henderson will get his second crack at a Bellator belt in November. read news >>

Bellator Continues Global Expansion with Championship Fight in Israel

Bellator continues its global expansion under the leadership of company president Scott Coker with a November event in Israel. read news >>

Veta Arteaga Knows What She Signed Up for at Bellator 161 | MMAWeekly.com

Undefeated flyweight Veta Arteaga knows what she signed up for at Bellator 161, and she's ready. read news >>

Derek Campos Expecting Explosive Fight with Djamil Chan at Bellator 161 | MMAWeekly.com

Derek Campos steps into a Bellator 161 lightweight bout against Djamil Chan on Friday, in what could very well end up being a title elimination bout. read news >>