Urijah Faber Raphael Assuncao WEC 46

Now that he’s wrapped up his first win at 135lbs, Urijah Faber will have a close eye on Thursday night’s bantamweight championship fight between Dominick Cruz and Scott Jorgensen.

Faber holds a win over Cruz when the two fought in the WEC at 145lbs, and there is absolutely no love lost between those two. Meanwhile, Faber and Jorgensen are close friends and former training partners, but would not hesitate to face one another in the cage if there was a belt on the line.

With his immense popularity and prowess in the cage, Faber is never too far away from title contention and he believes after finishing Takeya Mizugaki last month, he’s right in the mix for a shot at the belt.

“I was a guy that was in title contention basically my whole career and I was at the weight class above, and I’m just ready to step in whenever,” said Faber. “I think it’s going to be fairly quick because I’m still at the top of the ranks and I just took out a worthy opponent, so I’m ready whenever.”

As far as who he’d prefer to face, Faber has one choice which is a fighter he does not get along with too well in Dominick Cruz who he has nicknamed “The Decision-ator”, a play off his “Dominator” nickname, and then there’s Scott Jorgensen who is a friend and someone he shares common management with.

Regardless of who walks out with the belt on Thursday night, Faber will step up to face either one of them.

“I don’t really care. There’s two different aspects to it. I’d like to fight (Dominick) Cruz just because I think there’s some animosity built up there, and I’d like to see Scott Jorgensen win cause he’s my good buddy,” Faber commented.

“I think I’d love to fight Scott because it would be a good thing for his career and my career, and I’d love to beat up Dominick Cruz.”

Many fans have asked for Faber to become a coach on the next season of the “Ultimate Fighter” and UFC president Dana White has said that he’s heard time and time again about the “California Kid” getting his chance on the reality show.

The UFC is poised to make a decision on Friday as to whom the coaches for season 13 will be, so Thursday night’s event could play into the final outcome of who makes the show. Faber and Cruz as natural rivals would seem to fit the bill if he’s victorious.

Still, Faber holds a win over Cruz so a rematch would be more about the belt for him than any kind of payback for personal transgressions.

“No revenge needed on my part, but I would like to beat him up again,” Faber said about Cruz. “I think it would be great. I told Dominick I’d like to have him as the coach and he said ‘yeah let’s make it happen’. I’m pushing for that.”

Other names have been mentioned as possibilities to coach opposite Faber including former bantamweight king Miguel Torres. Currently he’s slated to fight in early February, but if a coaching opportunity came about for the “Ultimate Fighter” he could be pulled in a moment’s notice.

Torres is also on Faber’s radar as a possibly coaching opponent on the show.

“I think Miguel Torres would be good also and now Kid Yamamoto’s in the mix, and those that don’t know Kid Yamamoto, he’s a bad dude. I’d love to coach against any of those guys,” Faber stated.

For now, Faber will just get to sit back and be a fan watching the final WEC show in Phoenix, and then following the fights he’ll start answering the questions about who he’s going to face next and whether or not it will be with a title on the line.

Video: Watch Dominick Cruz settle the score with Urijah Faber ahead of UFC 207 showdown with Cody Garbrandt

In many ways Dominick Cruz’s career will forever be defined by his rivalry with Urijah Faber. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC 207's Cody Garbrandt: Dominick Cruz talks about my concussions because of his own fears

Cody Garbrandt and Dominick Cruz have been talking ridiculous amount of trash since well before they were set to face off at UFC 207.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Cody Garbrandt Predicts He'll Knock Out Dominick Cruz Early (UFC 207 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC bantamweight challenger Cody Garbrandt talks about his upcoming UFC 207 co-main event title bout against champion Dominick Cruz. read news >>

Dominick Cruz: 'I Am the Best Pound-for-Pound Fighter on Earth' (UFC 207 video) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC bantamweight champ Dominick Cruz talks about why his upcoming title defense against Cody Garbrandt on Dec. 30 at UFC 207 will be his best performance yet. read news >>

Cody Garbrandt Wants to Give Dominick Cruz an Immediate Rematch (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Newly crowned bantamweight champion Cody Garbrandt talks about his UFC 207 win and says he wants to give former titleholder Dominick Cruz an immediate rematch. read news >>

Watch Dominick Cruz Beat Urijah Faber a Second Time (UFC 207 Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz met longtime rival Urijah Faber in a rubber match at UFC 199 where he won via unanimous decision. Check it out! read news >>

Video: Watch Cody Garbrandt's cageside reactions to Dominick Cruz's third fight with Urijah Faber

Cody Garbrandt is no fan of Dominick Cruz, and he’ll have the opportunity to put fist to face in attempt to hash out their differences when the two meet at UFC 207.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Relive Dominick Cruz' UFC 199 Fight Week and Win Over Urijah Faber (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Dominick Cruz reviews his win over Urijah Faber at UFC 199 in Los Angeles, California. Cruz attempts to defend his belt against Cody Garbrandt at UFC 207. read news >>

'UFC 207 Embedded,' No. 2: There's a lot of food in this one, including a turkey named Dominick Cruz

The UFC returns to Las Vegas this week for UFC 207, and the organization has rolled out the “Embedded” treatment for a preview of Friday’s pay-per-view event at T-Mobile Arena.Filed under: News, UFC, read news >>

Dominick Cruz vs. Cody Garbrandt at UFC 207: The Complete Breakdown

While Ronda Rousey's return fight against Amanda Nunes is garnering most of the headlines in the lead-up to UFC 207 on Friday, December 30, the co-main event featuring a bantamweight title fight betw read news >>