United States, Please Welcome Invicta Fighter Ayaka Hamasaki

• submit to reddit

Invicta FC LogoWhile she may not be as familiar a name to American MMA fans as fellow Japanese stars Hitomi Akano or Megumi Fujii, Ayaka Hamasaki will get her opportunity to shine on the US stage as part of Saturday’s Invicta FC 2 in Kansas City, Kan.

“I am looking forward to this, and I am so happy I am able to fight in America,” Hamasaki told MMAWeekly.com.

“It’s going to be a long trip so I am going to make sure I won’t get exhausted from the flight and will be in a best condition on the day of the fight.”

Hamasaki was originally going to fight Jasminka Cive, but she was forced off the card due to visa issues. Stepping in for Cive will be Ring of Fire veteran Lacy Schuckman.

While individual strategy may have changed, Hamasaki’s overall game plan remains the same in that she doesn’t “want to get into (Schuckman’s) rhythm, instead I want to control the fight in my way.”

Having never fought under the American unified MMA rules before, Hamasaki was asked how she feels she’ll be able to adjust Saturday night.

“(This may be the first time) I have to go to three rounds and also this is the first time I am fighting under the rules where elbow to the head is allowed, so I am bit concerned, but more than anything I am looking forward to enjoy this new environment,” replied Hamasaki.

“I have been training under the unified rules so it’s not going to be any problem.”

It wouldn’t be surprising if Hamasaki’s goal was to establish a 115-pound title in Invicta to go along with her belt in the Jewels promotion, but of right now, her focus is firmly affixed on Saturday night.

“For me, (an Invicta) title is not such an important issue right now, I just want to win first,” she said.

“I am so happy to be able to fight in front to fans in America. I am going to show my best, so please come and see my fight!”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Five years removed from his first (and very brief) encounter with reigning featherweight champion Jose Aldo, Cub Swanson is teetering on the edge of a rematch with a win at UFC Fight Night 44 over Jeremy Stephens later tonight (Sat., June 28, 2014) in San Antonio, Texas. In a stacked class like Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Featherweight division, it's hard to believe there's still a champion who has already beaten most of the top competition. That man, Jose Aldo, made his mark in World E more

Thiago Silva has found a landing spot for his post-UFC career, and it's a familiar one for the Brazilian. According to a press release from Fight Time Promotions, Silva will compete on the promotion's Aug. 29 card. The promotion is run by Howard Davis Jr., Silva's old boxing coach while the two were at American Top Team. "I'm gonna put on a good fight and the audience will be very pleased as I'm looking to knock my opponent out," Silva said. "I'm very happy to be fighting for my former coach." I more

After finishes in six of the 10 bouts on the UFC Auckland fight card, UFC president Dana White said “it was a very tough night to pick” the post-fight award winners. more

MMAmania.com resident fighter analyst Andrew Richardson breaks down the mixed martial arts (MMA) games of UFC Fight Night 44 headliners Cub Swanson and Jeremy Stephens on Saturday (June 28, 2014) at the AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas. Savvy striker, Cub Swanson, faces a fellow knockout specialist, Jeremy Stephens, in a potential title eliminator match in the featherweight division this Saturday night (June 28, 2014) on FOX Sports 1 from inside the AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas. Since losi more

UFC Middleweight Josh Samman details his affair with a distinctly different sport than the one you may know him from. There’s a six mile stretch from my home in Hollywood, Florida to I-95. There’s nothing particularly special about it; it’s merely sidewalk along Sheridan Road. At certain times of day there’s heavy traffic and the exhaust makes it unpleasant to be near the interstate. Most days I wait until it’s not even day anymore, until the sun goes down and the cars have gone home. Once I get more

From Yahoo Sports: The heavyweight has fought in numerous promotions but now takes on Anthony Hamilton on the UFC Fight Night card in San Antonio. more

The Ultimate Fighter 19 Finale (TUF 19 Finale) Date: July 6, 2014 Venue: Mandalay Bay Events Center Location: Las Vegas TUF 19 Finale Articles TUF 19 Finale Videos TUF 19 Finale Fight Card Frankie Edgar (16-4-1) vs. BJ Penn (16-9-2) Justin Scoggins (9-0) vs. Dustin Ortiz (13-3) Derrick Lewis (10-2, 1 NC) vs. Guto Inocente [...] more

Didn’t have a chance to catch the 11th episode of “The Ultimate Fighter 19: Team Edgar vs. Team Penn” on FOX Sports 1? Check out a quick recap of what you missed.Filed under: News, UFC more

Team Edgar teammates Corey Anderson and Patrick Walsh fought for a spot in the light heavyweight finals on the eleventh episode of The Ultimate Fighter 19. more