United States, Please Welcome Invicta Fighter Ayaka Hamasaki

Invicta FC LogoWhile she may not be as familiar a name to American MMA fans as fellow Japanese stars Hitomi Akano or Megumi Fujii, Ayaka Hamasaki will get her opportunity to shine on the US stage as part of Saturday’s Invicta FC 2 in Kansas City, Kan.

“I am looking forward to this, and I am so happy I am able to fight in America,” Hamasaki told MMAWeekly.com.

“It’s going to be a long trip so I am going to make sure I won’t get exhausted from the flight and will be in a best condition on the day of the fight.”

Hamasaki was originally going to fight Jasminka Cive, but she was forced off the card due to visa issues. Stepping in for Cive will be Ring of Fire veteran Lacy Schuckman.

While individual strategy may have changed, Hamasaki’s overall game plan remains the same in that she doesn’t “want to get into (Schuckman’s) rhythm, instead I want to control the fight in my way.”

Having never fought under the American unified MMA rules before, Hamasaki was asked how she feels she’ll be able to adjust Saturday night.

“(This may be the first time) I have to go to three rounds and also this is the first time I am fighting under the rules where elbow to the head is allowed, so I am bit concerned, but more than anything I am looking forward to enjoy this new environment,” replied Hamasaki.

“I have been training under the unified rules so it’s not going to be any problem.”

It wouldn’t be surprising if Hamasaki’s goal was to establish a 115-pound title in Invicta to go along with her belt in the Jewels promotion, but of right now, her focus is firmly affixed on Saturday night.

“For me, (an Invicta) title is not such an important issue right now, I just want to win first,” she said.

“I am so happy to be able to fight in front to fans in America. I am going to show my best, so please come and see my fight!”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

"I think he would crap his pants. Fighting in the United States is easy. I want to see him fighting me in Brazil. It's completely different. Dillashaw is talking too much crap. If we fight again, you read news >>

Watch 'The Karate Hottie' Michelle Waterson defend her Invicta title as she completely dominated Yasuko Tamada at Invicta 8. Invicta 10 happens next weekend, and it will be headlined by Michelle Wate read news >>

Invicta FC fighter Cristiane Justino details the injury that forced her out of her bantamweight debut at next week's event. Just a few weeks ahead of her anticipated bantamweight debut at Invicta FC read news >>

Headlining Invicta FC 8, atomweight Michelle "The Karate Hottie" Waterson took on challenger Yasuko Tamada. Waterson looks to defend her title against Hercia Tiburcio at Invicta FC 10. read news >>

Tony Evinger believes she's already taken out Invicta FC's top bantamweights, and sees her fight with Cindy Dandois on Saturday as something to keep her busy. read news >>

Cris Cyborg would have been making her bantamweight debut at Invicta FC 10 on Friday, but an ankle injury forced her off the Dec. 5 card. For her next bout, she will be competing at 145 pounds. Cybor read news >>

What does it mean to be the “face” of an organization? In my opinion, it’s the fighter one thinks of that best represents the particular organization and that can quickly turn the uninformed into a r read news >>

Michelle Waterson has been cleared to make her second strawweight title defense in three months at Invicta Fighting Championships 10. read news >>

Michelle Waterson has been cleared to make her second atomweight title defense in three months at Invicta Fighting Championships 10. read news >>

Jump to: