United States, Please Welcome Invicta Fighter Ayaka Hamasaki

Invicta FC LogoWhile she may not be as familiar a name to American MMA fans as fellow Japanese stars Hitomi Akano or Megumi Fujii, Ayaka Hamasaki will get her opportunity to shine on the US stage as part of Saturday’s Invicta FC 2 in Kansas City, Kan.

“I am looking forward to this, and I am so happy I am able to fight in America,” Hamasaki told MMAWeekly.com.

“It’s going to be a long trip so I am going to make sure I won’t get exhausted from the flight and will be in a best condition on the day of the fight.”

Hamasaki was originally going to fight Jasminka Cive, but she was forced off the card due to visa issues. Stepping in for Cive will be Ring of Fire veteran Lacy Schuckman.

While individual strategy may have changed, Hamasaki’s overall game plan remains the same in that she doesn’t “want to get into (Schuckman’s) rhythm, instead I want to control the fight in my way.”

Having never fought under the American unified MMA rules before, Hamasaki was asked how she feels she’ll be able to adjust Saturday night.

“(This may be the first time) I have to go to three rounds and also this is the first time I am fighting under the rules where elbow to the head is allowed, so I am bit concerned, but more than anything I am looking forward to enjoy this new environment,” replied Hamasaki.

“I have been training under the unified rules so it’s not going to be any problem.”

It wouldn’t be surprising if Hamasaki’s goal was to establish a 115-pound title in Invicta to go along with her belt in the Jewels promotion, but of right now, her focus is firmly affixed on Saturday night.

“For me, (an Invicta) title is not such an important issue right now, I just want to win first,” she said.

“I am so happy to be able to fight in front to fans in America. I am going to show my best, so please come and see my fight!”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

From Around the Web

Alexander Gustafsson on Monday said that the United States Anti-Doping Agency was enlisted to drug test him in the lead-up to UFC on FOX 14. read news >>

A historic battle for the light heavyweight title goes down tonight (Sat., Jan 3, 2015) with all eyes on the top pound-for-pound fighter in the world, Jon Jones, as he takes on who may very well be t read news >>

In a highly unusual move for any fighter - let alone a champion - UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones was spotted spending time interacting with fans and signing autographs. While Jones is set t read news >>

Ultimate Fighter alum Gilbert Smith is looking to take his career to the next level in Friday's shot at the title at RFA 22 in Colorado Springs. read news >>

While Dana White has gone on record as saying that Anderson Silva gets the next middleweight title shot with a win over Nick Diaz, the manager of Ronaldo Souza is confident that 'Jacare' will change read news >>

The news that the sport's best pound-for-pound fighter, UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, tested positive for cocaine metabolites in a test conducted a month prior to his UFC 182 victory over read news >>

Rory MacDonald isn't the first fighter to see a promised UFC title shot evaporate on the whims of the company, and he certainly won't be the last. Rather, he's simply the latest. After announcing las read news >>

Anthony Johnson will enter his title shot against UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones as the #1 ranked contender in the division following his TKO over Alexander Gustafsson on Saturday. UFC on F read news >>

Invicta FC is back and headlining their 11th card will by Cris Cyborg with her first FW title defense. When Cristiane Justino announced, just last month, that she would no longer be moving down to 14 read news >>