United States, Please Welcome Invicta Fighter Ayaka Hamasaki

Invicta FC LogoWhile she may not be as familiar a name to American MMA fans as fellow Japanese stars Hitomi Akano or Megumi Fujii, Ayaka Hamasaki will get her opportunity to shine on the US stage as part of Saturday’s Invicta FC 2 in Kansas City, Kan.

“I am looking forward to this, and I am so happy I am able to fight in America,” Hamasaki told MMAWeekly.com.

“It’s going to be a long trip so I am going to make sure I won’t get exhausted from the flight and will be in a best condition on the day of the fight.”

Hamasaki was originally going to fight Jasminka Cive, but she was forced off the card due to visa issues. Stepping in for Cive will be Ring of Fire veteran Lacy Schuckman.

While individual strategy may have changed, Hamasaki’s overall game plan remains the same in that she doesn’t “want to get into (Schuckman’s) rhythm, instead I want to control the fight in my way.”

Having never fought under the American unified MMA rules before, Hamasaki was asked how she feels she’ll be able to adjust Saturday night.

“(This may be the first time) I have to go to three rounds and also this is the first time I am fighting under the rules where elbow to the head is allowed, so I am bit concerned, but more than anything I am looking forward to enjoy this new environment,” replied Hamasaki.

“I have been training under the unified rules so it’s not going to be any problem.”

It wouldn’t be surprising if Hamasaki’s goal was to establish a 115-pound title in Invicta to go along with her belt in the Jewels promotion, but of right now, her focus is firmly affixed on Saturday night.

“For me, (an Invicta) title is not such an important issue right now, I just want to win first,” she said.

“I am so happy to be able to fight in front to fans in America. I am going to show my best, so please come and see my fight!”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Paul Daley is free to fight in the United States again. According to Bellator president Scott Coker, Daley (34-13-2) has finally been granted a working visa from the US government to resume his Bella read news >>

The United States, Canada, Brazil, Sweden, Ireland, England, Japan, China, New Zealand, Germany, the United Arab Emirates, Singapore, Australia and now Mexico. For the first time in 288 events, the U read news >>

The worldwide leader for mixed martial arts and UFC news, MMA News, UFC Rumors, MMA Rankings, Interviews, Videos, UFC Results, and UFC Blog read news >>

Invicta FC atomweight champion Michelle Waterson previews her Sept. 6 title defense against Yasuko Tamada. read news >>

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Bethe Correia talks about her UFC 177 fight against Shayna Baszler, how she got the fight, her thoughts on the "Four Horsewomen," Gina Carano potentially getting a title shot be read news >>

UFC 177 title challenger Joe Soto and co-main event fighter Danny Castillo could be sidelined for up to six months after suffering possible injuries on Saturday night. read news >>

Not looking beyond the opportunity in front of her, Stephanie Eggink looks to add Invicta FC belt to a collection that already includes XFC championship. read news >>

The Invicta FC 8 main event will go forward as planned, as both Michelle Waterson and Yasuko Tamada made weight on Friday. read news >>

Invicta FC 8 Preview: Julie Kedzie, Rob Tatum from Combat Press, and UFC Fighter Shayna Baszler breakdown the main card of Invicta FC 8. Michelle Waterson and Yasuko Tamada fight for Waterson's atomw read news >>