Marlon MoraesAfter kicking off the year with a bang, it only seems fitting that World Series of Fighting bantamweight Marlon Moraes would end it the same way.

In March, Moraes picked up his second victory for the WSOF with a first-round knockout of Tyson Nam, and then followed that up with a unanimous decision over Brendan Hempleman in August, but it was his win WSOF 6 that Moraes really shined, knocking out Carson Bebee just 32 seconds into their fight.

“I’m so happy,” said Moraes. “I worked so hard for two months and I am so blessed with this victory.

“I didn’t expect it (to end so quickly), but all credit to my team and my coaches, they help me every day. I am so thankful to have those guys in my life.”

While he hadn’t anticipated the fight ending as fast as it did, Moraes was prepared for Bebee’s style of attack, which lead to the opening that he exploited to get the knockout.

“We had been working a lot to face a guy who comes hard with takedowns,” said Moraes. “I tried to pivot and as I was pivoting I got him with a couple good shots in the beginning. He comes hard and I keep going and just went 1-2 (combination) to the jaw.”

With four wins in four fights for the WSOF (and an overall record of 12-4) Moraes has earned a bantamweight title shot early next year.

“This is what Ray (Sefo, WSOF president) said, that my next fight is going to be for the title in March,” said Moraes. “I’m going to work so hard to get this. I’m training with the best guys in the world, and I want to fight the best guys in the world. It doesn’t matter who they’re going to find for me, I’m going to be ready.”

By finishing out 2013 undefeated for the year, Moraes has proven he can finish just as strong as he starts, and is looking to keep things going next year.

“This year was perfect for me,” he said. “I had a problem with my family, with my dad in Brazil, but he’s so healthy now. My career is growing. I have the best team, the best coaches and I’m so happy right now.

“I just want to thank the fans, the World Series of Fighting, and MMAWeekly for interviewing me. I just want to tell you guys that I can’t promise every fight will be a victory, but I will give 100-percent and I’m going to put on a great show for you guys.”

Overeem ready to finally claim his long-awaited title shot

Alistair Overeem’s journey to the top of the UFC’s heavyweight division hasn’t gone quite as fast as expected. But on Sunday night, he gets his chance to make good on squandered opportunities by secu read news >>

Phil Davis Has to Get Past King Mo First, but His Eyes are on the Bellator Belt

Phil Davis has a tough fight in King Mo Lawal ahead of him at Bellator 154 on Saturday night, but he can't help but shift his eyes towards the Bellator belt. read news >>

Cyborg vs. Leslie Smith Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 198

Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino finally made her UFC debut, and while it wasn't against the opponent everyone once expected, she delivered a predictable result. Cyborg defeated Leslie Smith via first-roun read news >>

Stipe Miocic Finally Breaks Veteran Stranglehold on UFC Heavyweight Title

Back in January, after a scheduled matchup between Stipe Miocic and Fabricio Werdum was postponed due to a Werdum injury, the Brazilian UFC heavyweight champ threw a little shade in the direction of read news >>

What's next for 'Cyborg' in the UFC? (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Cris Justino finally made her UFC debut on Saturday night, but don't expect a superfight with Ronda Rousey anytime soon. read news >>

What's next for 'Cyborg' in the UFC? (Yahoo Sports)

Michael Bisping on finally getting his title shot: 'I believe this is my destiny' (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Bisping is quickly closing in on UFC history. So why doesn't he get much respect in the sport? read news >>

Back from ACL Injury, Georgi Karakhanyan Wants to Stay Busy, Starting with Bellator 155

Finally bouncing back from an ACL injury, Georgi Karakhanyan wants to stay busy starting with Bellator 155 on Friday night. read news >>

Barao at 145 pounds finally feels at peace

This Sunday Barao fights in the UFC featherweight division for the first time against Jeremy Stephens. He will be fighting against opponents bigger and stronger, as well as those hungry to put the na read news >>