glover-teixeira-13.jpgGlover Teixeira likes his odds against UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones. (In fact, you may be surprised just how heavily he favors himself if they were to fight.) But knowing the champ is likely to fight Alexander Gustafsson next, Teixeira discussed what other matchups pique his interest.

Teixeira, who’s won 19 consecutive fights overall and four straight since joining the UFC, awaits his next challenge following a first-round submission victory over James Te Huna this past month at UFC 160.

Teixeira (21-2 MMA, 4-0 UFC), who’s ranked No. 7 in the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com MMA light-heavyweight rankings, knows he probably needs another win or two to get a crack at the belt, but if a Jones fight actually materialized?

“I am very confident,” he said this past weekend in Brazil. “If my next fight was against Jones, for sure I would go in to win. I give myself a 99 percent chance (of winning).”

But with fellow contender Gustafsson all but assured the bout, Teixeira is focusing elsewhere. One fight he’ll be watching closely? Saturday’s UFC 161 headliner between former big-show champs Dan Henderson and Rashad Evans. But Teixeira also still has his eye on Ryan Bader, who was scheduled to fight the Brazilian at UFC 160 before an injury forced Bader off the card.

Just don’t expect Teixeira to fight ex-champ Lyoto Machida.

“One of the top fighters is Ryan Bader,” Teixeira said. “I was going to face him, but he got hurt. It could still be my next fight.

“But there’s also the winner of Rashad vs. Dan Henderson. I hope it’s one of those guys. I would not fight against Lyoto. He’s a great friend. I wouldn’t even think about it. And Gustafsson? is further ahead. I think he’s next in line. So I think it’s those three (Bader, Evans or Henderson). Whatever comes our way, we’re feeling confident.”

In addition to Machida, Teixeira said there’s another 205-pounder he has no interest in fighting – but for very different reasons.

As Teixeira sees it, Chael Sonnen is a nice enough guy. He just doesn’t see the former UFC middleweight and light-heavyweight title challenger as being anywhere near the top of the division. Granted, Sonnen recently was booked for an August headliner with Mauricio Rua at UFC on FOX Sports 1 1 in Boston. But even if he were available, Teixeira said there’s little upside in fighting him.

“Chael Sonnen, in reality, I know him a bit,” he said. “He’s not that arrogant. He actually seems like a cool guy. I can’t say much because I don’t know him that well. But when I run into him at events, he’s very cool.

“He likes to talk a lot to sell his fights. I think he’s doing the right thing since he doesn’t fight so well. I do think he has good wrestling, but lately he hasn’t been fighting so well. And he had two shots at a belt because he talks a lot. I don’t think he’s a bad guy. If I fought him, he’d be tough to beat. But, right now, since he’s coming off two losses, I have zero interest in fighting him.”

For more on the UFC’s upcoming schedule, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

(Pictured: Jose Aldo)

Glover Teixeira Focused on Anthony Johnson, Doesn’t Really Care About Jon Jones (UFC 202 Video)

Glover Teixeira could be lined up for a title fight is he gets past Anthony "Rumble" Johnson at UFC 202 on Aug. 20, but all everyone wants to talk about is Jon Jones. read news >>

Anthony Johnson vs. Glover Teixeira Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 202

In a light heavyweight landscape without Jon Jones, Anthony "Rumble" Johnson is the clear-cut No. 1 contender to Daniel Cormier's throne. That's the statement Johnson went about proving in the co-mai read news >>

Daniel Cormier Calls out Rumble Johnson After UFC 202 Win, Dismisses Jon Jones

Following Anthony Johnson's 13-second knockout of Glover Teixeira at UFC 202, Johnson immediately called for a rematch against champion Daniel Cormier, who was in the audience. Cormier took to Twitte read news >>

Dana White Wants to Make Jon Jones vs. Anthony Johnson for a Shot at Daniel Cormier

Anthony Johnson and Daniel Cormier are both ready to rematch each other, but UFC president Dana White may have other plans, which include Jon Jones. read news >>

Jon Jones, Brock Lesnar Suspensions Reportedly May Be Shortened

Jon Jones and Brock Lesnar, who each tested positive for banned substances before UFC 200, may face only a maximum one-year ban because the drug they took could have a "credible non-doping explanatio read news >>

VIDEO: Watch Jon Jones ‘Spar’ with Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa

Watch Jon Jones get some "sparring" in with Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa. read news >>

UFC 202 Results: Anthony Johnson Flattens Glover Teixeira in 13 Seconds

Top light heavyweight contender Anthony Johnson made quick work of second ranked Glover Teixeira in the UFC 202 co-main event on Saturday in Las Vegas. read news >>

UFC 202 Fight Highlights: Anthony Johnson KO’s Glover Teixeira in 13 Seconds!

Check out the UFC 202 fight highlights from the bout between Anthony Johnson and Glover Teixeira. read news >>

The Question: Does Anthony Johnson vs. Glover Teixeira Point to Divisional Woes?

UFC 202 is on Saturday, and if you haven’t looked closely, you might have missed the fact that there are other fights on the card aside from Nate Diaz vs. Conor McGregor. You can understand how that read news >>

Glover Teixeira Full UFC 202 Open Workout Scrum Video

After Glover Teixeira participated in the UFC 202 open workouts, he answered questions from the media about his co-main event bout against Anthony Johnson. read news >>