jon-jones-52.jpgFighting is treating Jon Jones pretty well these days. The tug of Hollywood isn’t as strong for the UFC light heavyweight champ as it’s been for others who’ve come before him.

Jones, though, likes the idea of starting a new career as an entertainer after he hangs up his gloves, and there’s one person he’d like to emulate if he goes into show business.

“I’d like to model my acting career on Dwayne Johnson, the way he came out of [WWE] and started off tough guy roles and then moved over to doing ‘Tooth Fairy,’” the 24-year-old Jones told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) during an appearance at the UFC’s “World Tour” in Los Angeles. “That’s when you really saw that he could act, and he’s the one I admire and respect a lot, so I know I’d love to model my acting career after (him).”

A scarce few have been able to transition as successfully from the ring to the screen as the former pro wrestler, but several MMA athletes are giving it their best. Randy Couture, Gina Carano, and most recently, UFC women’s bantamweight champ Ronda Rousey are working in Hollywood in action movies.

As the youngest-ever UFC champ in history, Jones (18-1 MMA, 12-1 UFC) is no stranger to breaking down barriers. If he beats Gustafsson, he will become the most successful light-heavyweight in the promotion’s history. That goal, and securing he and his family’s financial future, keeps him focused on fighting. His bout next month against Alexander Gustafsson (14-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) at UFC 165 is one more step on his current road.

The champ, however, is also looking life beyond fighting. At the start of this summer, he made the rounds of Hollywood studios and received some positive feedback about a potential acting career.

“Those meetings went great,” Jones said. “I realize that they see that I have a little bit of character on me, and with the right training, I could possibly be in some movies in the future.

“As an entertainer, I think acting is one of the highest levels you can get, and right now, I’m doing pretty well in my field, which is the martial arts world. To branch out a little bit and get my feet wet there and maybe prepare myself for a career after this career, I think it’s all part of the plan.”

The ability to morph from a tough guy to dramatic actor might be the toughest skill Jones has to learn if he decides to jump into a new field, but he said he’ll take it as seriously as fight camp.

“I’ll definitely take a lot of classes,” he said.

UFC 165 takes place Sept. 21 at Air Canada Centre in Toronto. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and Facebook.

For the latest on UFC 165, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Dan Henderson's age, sudden losing putting his UFC career in jeopardy (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Henderson may not be mulling retirement, but his future could be decided for him if he continues to suffer defeats. read news >>

WSOF's Smealinho Rama wants to go from top prospect to red-hot free agent

Smealinho Rama has an ambitious -- and capitalistic -- career plan. The World Series of Fighting heavyweight champion wants to become a hot commodity outside of the UFC and eventually parlay that int read news >>

Two-time UFC tourney champ Mark Kerr reflects on career, PED use

Mark Kerr, 46, a two-time UFC tournament winner who rampaged across the heavyweight division in both the United States and Japan throughout the late-nineties, opened up to discuss his decorated caree read news >>

Jon Jones Hit-And-Run 911 Call and Raw Police Video: ‘The Guy Took Off Running’

Hear the 911 call and see the raw police video footage taken on April 27 moments after Jon Jones' alleged hit-and-run accident in Albuquerque, New Mexico. read news >>

Video: Former UFC champ Mark Kerr opens up on heavy PED use during career

Former PRIDE star and two-time UFC tournament champ Mark Kerr opened up about his heavy PED use during his fighting career. Decorated wrestler Mark Kerr was a force during the earlier days of Mixed M read news >>

Don't Be Surprised If Jon Jones Comes Back More Baller Than Ever Inside the Cage

If you've thought to yourself: I've never seen anything quite like Jon Jones—or something to that effect—you might be right. It would be easy to mistake him for some otherworldly thing. Having had th read news >>

Police lapel cam, 911 call: Condoms, pipe, Funyuns, fight shorts in Jon Jones' car

In new audio released by the Albuquerque Police Department, we now can hear the immediate aftermath of the April hit-and-run accident allegedly involving former UFC champion Jon Jones.Filed under: Fe read news >>

Jon Jones Hit-and-Run: 911 Audio Released

The audio from the 911 call placed following former UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones' alleged hit-and-run accident has hit the Internet. You can hear the call courtesy of MMA Digest's YouTube read news >>

More raw video of Jon Jones hit-and-run accident aftermath leaked, including injured victim interview and 911 audio

Albuquerque Police Department has released additional body cam footage of the accident that Jon Jones allegedly fled on foot in late April, which caused him to be pulled from a title defense against read news >>

Video: 911 call and police footage from Jon Jones' alleged hit and run

Listen to the 911 call and watch extensive scene footage from the alleged hit and run involving former UFC champion Jon Jones Video has surfaced from the immediate aftermath of a three-car collision read news >>