jon-jones-52.jpgFighting is treating Jon Jones pretty well these days. The tug of Hollywood isn’t as strong for the UFC light heavyweight champ as it’s been for others who’ve come before him.

Jones, though, likes the idea of starting a new career as an entertainer after he hangs up his gloves, and there’s one person he’d like to emulate if he goes into show business.

“I’d like to model my acting career on Dwayne Johnson, the way he came out of [WWE] and started off tough guy roles and then moved over to doing ‘Tooth Fairy,’” the 24-year-old Jones told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) during an appearance at the UFC’s “World Tour” in Los Angeles. “That’s when you really saw that he could act, and he’s the one I admire and respect a lot, so I know I’d love to model my acting career after (him).”

A scarce few have been able to transition as successfully from the ring to the screen as the former pro wrestler, but several MMA athletes are giving it their best. Randy Couture, Gina Carano, and most recently, UFC women’s bantamweight champ Ronda Rousey are working in Hollywood in action movies.

As the youngest-ever UFC champ in history, Jones (18-1 MMA, 12-1 UFC) is no stranger to breaking down barriers. If he beats Gustafsson, he will become the most successful light-heavyweight in the promotion’s history. That goal, and securing he and his family’s financial future, keeps him focused on fighting. His bout next month against Alexander Gustafsson (14-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) at UFC 165 is one more step on his current road.

The champ, however, is also looking life beyond fighting. At the start of this summer, he made the rounds of Hollywood studios and received some positive feedback about a potential acting career.

“Those meetings went great,” Jones said. “I realize that they see that I have a little bit of character on me, and with the right training, I could possibly be in some movies in the future.

“As an entertainer, I think acting is one of the highest levels you can get, and right now, I’m doing pretty well in my field, which is the martial arts world. To branch out a little bit and get my feet wet there and maybe prepare myself for a career after this career, I think it’s all part of the plan.”

The ability to morph from a tough guy to dramatic actor might be the toughest skill Jones has to learn if he decides to jump into a new field, but he said he’ll take it as seriously as fight camp.

“I’ll definitely take a lot of classes,” he said.

UFC 165 takes place Sept. 21 at Air Canada Centre in Toronto. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and Facebook.

For the latest on UFC 165, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Matt Brown: No one has a chance against Jon Jones at light heavyweight ... or even at heavyweight

I'm sure a few big men might take exception to this bold statement .... Matt Brown has a very high opinion of former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Light Heavyweight champion, Jon Jones. In fac read news >>

Diego Sanchez says Conor McGregor helped influence decision to drop to 145: ‘The guy is my size, if not bigger’

Diego Sanchez's career has been one long, meandering road when it comes to the scales. He debuted in the UFC a decade ago, winning The Ultimate Fighter 1 as a blown-up middleweight. Since then he's r read news >>

Ronda Rousey Taunts Cris Cyborg, Brazilian Promises Rowdy's 'Last Fight' in UFC

Cris "Cyborg" Justino has promised to end Ronda Rousey's career after the UFC women's bantamweight champion insisted the only obstacle preventing a fight between the two is money, not weight. “She's read news >>

Knuckle Up #353: UFC FN, OSP v. Teixeira, Jon Jones on The Long Slide + why this show is what it is

Literary gunslinger Eugene S. Robinson lends his "one"-of-a-"kind" "perspective" to a KNUCKLE UP only for KNUCKLE UP OBSESSIVES, filmed in a border town from some unknown locale on a completely sketc read news >>

Paul Felder vs. Ross Pearson set for UFC 191

Paul Felder, coming off the first loss of his career, is set to fight veteran Ross Pearson at UFC 191 in Las Vegas on September 5th. A surefire Fight of the Night candidate has been booked for UFC 19 read news >>

Ken Porter Has Opportunity Against Former RFA Champ to Boost His Career

Ken Porter's star has been rising fast of late, and a win over former RFA champ Matt Manzanares on Friday night would only take him to new heights. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 73's Frankie Saenz is looking for top 10 opponents

The professional career of Frankie Saenz may have gotten off to a rocky start, but the bantamweight has turned his career around with a six-fight winning streak.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Myles Jury drops to featherweight, among four fighters to leave Alliance MMA

Ranked lightweight Myles Jury has decided to continue his career at featherweight, and has joined a few fighters who are leaving Alliance MMA in favor of an Arizona gym. It looks like Myles Jury is s read news >>

Coach: Fedor Emelianenko an 'easy fight' for Jon Jones

"I have not even spoken to Jon about it, but looking at how, you know, Fedor's fights towards the end of his career [went], I think unless he changed something, I think it's an easy fight for Jon." I read news >>

Coach: Fedor would be an easy fight for Jon Jones

Mike Winkeljohn likes Jon Jones' chances against the Russian MMA legend and free agent Fedor Emelianenko. read news >>