jon-jones-52.jpgFighting is treating Jon Jones pretty well these days. The tug of Hollywood isn’t as strong for the UFC light heavyweight champ as it’s been for others who’ve come before him.

Jones, though, likes the idea of starting a new career as an entertainer after he hangs up his gloves, and there’s one person he’d like to emulate if he goes into show business.

“I’d like to model my acting career on Dwayne Johnson, the way he came out of [WWE] and started off tough guy roles and then moved over to doing ‘Tooth Fairy,’” the 24-year-old Jones told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) during an appearance at the UFC’s “World Tour” in Los Angeles. “That’s when you really saw that he could act, and he’s the one I admire and respect a lot, so I know I’d love to model my acting career after (him).”

A scarce few have been able to transition as successfully from the ring to the screen as the former pro wrestler, but several MMA athletes are giving it their best. Randy Couture, Gina Carano, and most recently, UFC women’s bantamweight champ Ronda Rousey are working in Hollywood in action movies.

As the youngest-ever UFC champ in history, Jones (18-1 MMA, 12-1 UFC) is no stranger to breaking down barriers. If he beats Gustafsson, he will become the most successful light-heavyweight in the promotion’s history. That goal, and securing he and his family’s financial future, keeps him focused on fighting. His bout next month against Alexander Gustafsson (14-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) at UFC 165 is one more step on his current road.

The champ, however, is also looking life beyond fighting. At the start of this summer, he made the rounds of Hollywood studios and received some positive feedback about a potential acting career.

“Those meetings went great,” Jones said. “I realize that they see that I have a little bit of character on me, and with the right training, I could possibly be in some movies in the future.

“As an entertainer, I think acting is one of the highest levels you can get, and right now, I’m doing pretty well in my field, which is the martial arts world. To branch out a little bit and get my feet wet there and maybe prepare myself for a career after this career, I think it’s all part of the plan.”

The ability to morph from a tough guy to dramatic actor might be the toughest skill Jones has to learn if he decides to jump into a new field, but he said he’ll take it as seriously as fight camp.

“I’ll definitely take a lot of classes,” he said.

UFC 165 takes place Sept. 21 at Air Canada Centre in Toronto. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and Facebook.

For the latest on UFC 165, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

What Advice Would Jon Jones Give His Younger Self? ‘Don’t Wreck the Bentley’

During a UFC 200 media luncheon, Jon Jones was asked if he could go back in time and give his younger self some advice, what would it be? His answer may surprise you. read news >>

UFC 200 Free Fight: Jon Jones Makes Quick Work of Chael Sonnen

Jon Jones defended his light heavyweight belt for the fifth time when he defeated Chael Sonnen at UFC 159. Check out that fight. read news >>

UFC 200 Video: Counterpunch – Cormier vs. Jones 2

Insults fly when UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier and interim titleholder Jon Jones discuss their upcoming rematch in a heated interview. read news >>

UFC 200 Video: Amanda Nunes – All In

Before the biggest fight of her career against Miesha Tate at UFC 200, get an inside look at the life Amanda Nunes. read news >>

UFC Unfiltered Podcast: Jon Jones Weighs in on UFC 200 and Daniel Cormier

UFC 200 headliner Jon Jones joins Matt Serra and Jim Norton in episode 4 of UFC Unfiltered. The guys discuss UFC 200, why Daniel Cormier is a 'Hater,' and much more. read news >>

VIDEO: Heading into UFC 200, Jon Jones Reflects on Pressure-Filled UFC 100 Performance

Getting ready to fight Daniel Cormier at UFC 200, interim UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones reflects on his pressure-filled UFC 100 performance. read news >>

UFC 200 Embedded, Episode 1 Video: All-Star Training Camps

On Episode 1 of UFC 200 Embedded, Jon Jones keeps the mood light in the gym with training partners Holly Holm, Carlos Condit and UFC 200’s Diego Sanchez. read news >>

Daniel Cormier Has No Illusions About Jon Jones at UFC 200

UFC 200 is the biggest event of the year, and the fight at the top of the card carries a long-ranging narrative with it. In the main event, light heavyweight kingpin and former Olympic wrestler Danie read news >>

UFC 200 Video: Cormier vs. Jones 2 — It’s Time Preview (Full Episode)

Light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier and interim titleholder Jon Jones prepare to unify that division’s belt, and Brock Lesnar returns at UFC 200. read news >>

UFC 200: Is Jon Jones still the same dominant fighter of old? (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Jones says he's a different person and time will tell whether he's being truthful. Is he still the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world? We'll find out Saturday. read news >>