Sounds like Montreal mixed martial arts fans will have to wait a little longer for the UFC's return to the Bell Centre.

Tom Wright, the managing director for UFC operations in Canada, Australia and New Zealand, said at the UFC Fight Night 43 post-fight press conference that the promotion will "most likely" move the scheduled Dec. 6 pay-per-view event in Montreal to March 2015. No specific date was announced and Wright didn't provide a reason for the decision.

The UFC hasn't held an event in Montreal since March 2013 when Georges St-Pierre, then UFC welterweight champion, defeated Nick Diaz via unanimous decision. The March 2015 card will be the UFC's seventh trip to Montreal.

Wright also said the promotion has yet to decide whether the Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson rematch will take place in Toronto on Sept. 27.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

TUF 17's Luke Barnatt implies that he's been released from the UFC

  • 25 days ago
  • 7 views

An Instagram message to his fans seems to spell out the end of Luke Barnatt's time in the UFC. Luke Barnatt's loss to Mark Munoz at UFC Fight Night in Manila appears to be the last UFC bout for both read news >>

Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold, Daniel Cormier vs. Alex Gustafsson Announced

  • 26 days ago
  • 19 views

MMA fans are in for an exciting stretch as UFC President Dana White announced two huge upcoming bouts with title implications Wednesday night. According to UFC Tonight, Luke Rockhold will get a shot read news >>

Bruce Buffer details swingin' James Bond lifestyle and doesn't even have to kill anybody

  • 26 days ago
  • 1 views

Bruce Buffer is opening up to fans about his sexual exploits in a recent episode of his "It's Time" podcast. Just in case you were wondering if being the voice of the UFC comes with it's perks. At le read news >>

Chael Sonnen feels 'young again' thanks to Daniel Cormier, beats back MMA return rumors

  • 26 days ago
  • 46 views

Mixed martial arts fans (MMA) who hope to see "American Gangster" back inside the Octagon would be better off not holding their breath, as the 38-year-old confirmed he has no plans to return to the s read news >>

Twitter reacts to UFC's new drug-testing program and policies

  • 26 days ago
  • 62 views

MMA fans, media and fighters had strong reactions to the UFC’s formal announcement of their new drug-testing program. Check out some of the biggest reactions to the announcement from social media.Fil read news >>

Fans invited to Thursday's UFC Fight Night 68 open workouts, Friday's weigh-ins

  • 27 days ago
  • 0 views

If you live in or near New Orleans, you’ve got a chance to get up close and personal with this weekend’s UFC Fight Night 68 fighters.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Las Vegas Monorail announces partnership with the UFC

  • 27 days ago
  • 0 views

The Las Vegas Monorail and the UFC just signed a one-year deal to provide discount rates to UFC fans attending the promotion's local events. The UFC just hooked up with the Las Vegas Monorail in a on read news >>

Las Vegas Monorail, UFC Announce Partnership

  • 28 days ago
  • 0 views

LAS VEGAS – The Las Vegas Monorail today announced a partnership with UFC® to provide fight fans discounted fares as they ride trains to attend upcoming UFC events. Fight fans will have the exciting read news >>

Urijah Faber would've loved 10 rounds of 'high-speed chess match' against Frankie Edgar

  • 28 days ago
  • 11 views

Many fans were glad when Urijah Faber's long awaited superfight against Frankie Edgar was over. But the "California Kid" would have wished for another five rounds. read news >>

Report: UFC cuts 10 fighters, including 'Four Horsewomen' bantamweight

  • 28 days ago
  • 604 views

Three horsewomen? Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) gave mixed martial arts (MMA) fans yet another reason to hate Mondays, as 10 fighters were removed from the promotion's roster earlier this week read news >>