UFC open to Anthony Johnson return, but Bellator fighters off limits due to 'despicable' deals


  • Share on Tumblr
  • submit to reddit

(This story first ran at PressConnects.com) BALTIMORE — At 26 years old, UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones admits it is difficult even for him to realize he could soon be considered the best fighter in the history of mixed martial arts. But it’s a reality (…)

view original article >>

Related News

  • 8 days ago
  • 50 views

U mad? "So funny how people in the gym wanna talk. Believe me I know who you are but I don't say anything. I'm not a Angel at all I'll admit that. Wanna talk about me and my mistakes I've made? Say it when I'm around and that goes to trainers and clients, which I know none of you will. I know for a fact if I asked you what do you have to say to me you'd act like you didn't have anything to say. Don't think I don't know who you are cuz I Damn sure do. Heard about the talk last night and I heard w more

  • 3 hours ago
  • 0 views

UFC on Fox 12 comes to you on Saturday, and a significant light heavyweight bout will help round out the card in the co-main event slot. No. 5-ranked contender Anthony "Rumble" Johnson takes on Antonio Rogerio Nogueira. Nogueira has been out of action for over a year, but he is still on a two-fight win streak. Johnson is on a seven-fight win streak of his own and picked up a victory in his return to the Octagon over Phil Davis in April. The winner of this fight will put himself in a position to more

  • 29 days ago
  • 62 views

After a four fight run in the welterweight division, Marquardt says God wanted him to head back to 185 lbs. He'll face off against James Te Huna next week at UFC Fightn Night: New Zealand. Following an inglorious dismissal from the Zuffa umbrella, Nate Marquardt finally returned to the UFC in 2013. Since then he's given up back to back losses and is now on a three-fight losing streak. Most recently he was separated from consciousness by Hector Lombard at UFC 166. Scheduled to make his next appea more

  • 26 days ago
  • 45 views

Dan Henderson may eventually return to the middleweight division, but the UFC light heavyweight said it’s not a done deal.Filed under: MMA Rumors, News, UFC more

  • 24 days ago
  • 52 views

Sounds like Montreal mixed martial arts fans will have to wait a little longer for the UFC's return to the Bell Centre. Tom Wright, the managing director for UFC operations in Canada, Australia and New Zealand, said at the UFC Fight Night 43 post-fight press conference that the promotion will "most likely" move the scheduled Dec. 6 pay-per-view event in Montreal to March 2015. No specific date was announced and Wright didn't provide a reason for the decision. The UFC hasn't held an event in Mont more

  • 24 days ago
  • 35 views

AUCKLAND, New Zealand – With the UFC’s first New Zealand event in the books, the promotion is promising a return to the nation. But first for the region is another visit to the Australian city of Sydney.Filed under: News, UFC more

  • 23 days ago
  • 56 views

Oh, Canada. Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is coming back to Montreal ... eventually. The world's largest mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion today revealed a new date for its return to the Bell Centre in Quebec, Canada. Originally penciled in for Dec. 2014, Managing Director for UFC Operations Tom Wright informed media members at the UFC Fight Night 43 post-fight press conference (watch it) that it was now March of 2015. Sorry 'bout that. It could be that UFC is waiting for a big-money fig more

  • 20 days ago
  • 31 views

Back in the win column, The Huntington Beach Bad Boy wants more. Tito Ortiz submitted Bellator middleweight champion Alexander Shlemenko in a light heavyweight bout in May, and he’s targeting a return to the cage in November, according to his muay thai coach Rafael Cordeiro. "He did an excellent fight against Shlemenko," Cordeiro told MMAFighting.com. "He will fight again in November. We don’t know the opponent yet, but he’s already training." The former UFC light heavyweight champion snapped a more

  • 12 days ago
  • 54 views

Will he or won't he? You'll have to watch Inside MMA on AXS TV to find out. Unless he's moving up to middleweight, Georges St. Pierre probably isn't coming back to Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) before year's end, unless stuffing your face with a creamy cone is the latest fad in mixed martial arts (MMA) weight management. Not that I'm judging, mind you. The good news is, we may finally find out if and when the former 170-pound kingpin will make his return to the cage, as "Rush" is schedule more