James Te Huna at UFC 110After winning a decisive unanimous decision victory over Joey Beltran at UFC on Fuel TV 4, James Te Huna left the Octagon with a broken hand and a broken foot, albeit also with the Fight of the Night bonus to soften the blow.

Te Huna landed big flurries on the feet and from full mount, dropping Beltran in the first round, but the New Zealander knew something was amiss.

It took until Te Huna went back to his corner following the opening round to realize that halfway through the opening stanza he had broken both his hand and his foot.

“I think it was halfway through the first round,” Te Huna said at the post-fight press conference.  “I noticed it towards the end of the first and then in the second or third I felt a bit of it every time I stepped on my foot or used that jab.”

The Pirtek Athletic Allstars standout landed 65 of 121 strikes thrown in the first round, which is the most significant amount of strikes landed in UFC light heavyweight history.

Unfortunately for Te Huna, he had to play the rest of the fight safe because his mobility had been compromised with his broken foot, so he scored takedowns to get the job done via decision.

“I was surprised. I hit him with some of my biggest shots and he didn’t go down.  He wore it and I knew I had a bit little trouble with my hands.  I broke one hand, I broke a foot halfway through the first round, so I had to play it smart and try to get ahead on points.”

Follow Andrew Gladstone at @gladstone1 on Twitter.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Watch: Mark Munoz powerful, touching UFC retirement speech

After winning a unanimous decision against Luke Barnatt, the Filipino-American wrestler turned mixed martial artist announced his retirement from the sport to an adoring Manila crowd. After notching read news >>

Joe Rogan: 'Conor McGregor f***s with people's heads'

UFC color personality Joe Rogan breaks down Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor at UFC 189. Conor McGregor has captivated the MMA world with his quick wit and charm, so much so that the Irishman has a bevy read news >>

UFC Fight Night 65 complete fighter breakdown, Stipe Miocic edition

MMAmania.com resident fighter analyst Andrew Richardson breaks down the mixed martial arts (MMA) game of UFC Fight Night 65 headliner Stipe Miocic, who looks to get back into the win column opposite read news >>

Cris Cyborg responds to Marina Shafir’s comments: ‘She needs to start winning’

Is Marina Shafir the one to beat Cris Cyborg? Right after signing with Invicta FC, Shafir told Ariel Helwani on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour that she still has to "earn" the right to fight the In read news >>

Following win over Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather says he'll fight one last time in September

Following a comfortable unanimous decision win over Manny Pacquiao on Saturday night in Las Vegas, Floyd Mayweather told Showtime's Jim Gray he'll fight one more time in September. The immediate ques read news >>

Mayweather vs Pacquiao results recap: 'Money' pulls away late, coasts to wide unanimous decision win

Floyd Mayweather always figures out his opponents. Whether he manages to make the necessary adjustments to take over the fight is a matter of "when," not "if." This time, it took him about six rounds read news >>

Mayweather-Pacquiao live updates: Who is winning the fight right now?

Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao are headlining a pay-per-view (PPV) event this evening (Sat., May 2, 2015) that is being dubbed, "The Fight of the Century." We have delivered wall-to-wall coverag read news >>

Mayweather vs Pacquiao prediction: Who is winning the fight tonight?

Good things come to those who wait ... or so we hope. The most anticipated boxing match of the 21st century, Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao, takes place tonight (Sat., May 2, 2015) inside MGM Gr read news >>

Mayweather vs Pacquiao winner: Bruce Buffer breaks his own prediction rule

As the long-time announcer for Ultimate Fighting Championship UFC), Bruce Buffer never makes predictions for upcoming mixed martial arts (MMA) fights in an attempt to stay as neutral and professional read news >>