James Te Huna at UFC 110After winning a decisive unanimous decision victory over Joey Beltran at UFC on Fuel TV 4, James Te Huna left the Octagon with a broken hand and a broken foot, albeit also with the Fight of the Night bonus to soften the blow.

Te Huna landed big flurries on the feet and from full mount, dropping Beltran in the first round, but the New Zealander knew something was amiss.

It took until Te Huna went back to his corner following the opening round to realize that halfway through the opening stanza he had broken both his hand and his foot.

“I think it was halfway through the first round,” Te Huna said at the post-fight press conference.  “I noticed it towards the end of the first and then in the second or third I felt a bit of it every time I stepped on my foot or used that jab.”

The Pirtek Athletic Allstars standout landed 65 of 121 strikes thrown in the first round, which is the most significant amount of strikes landed in UFC light heavyweight history.

Unfortunately for Te Huna, he had to play the rest of the fight safe because his mobility had been compromised with his broken foot, so he scored takedowns to get the job done via decision.

“I was surprised. I hit him with some of my biggest shots and he didn’t go down.  He wore it and I knew I had a bit little trouble with my hands.  I broke one hand, I broke a foot halfway through the first round, so I had to play it smart and try to get ahead on points.”

Follow Andrew Gladstone at @gladstone1 on Twitter.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

From Around the Web

UFC on FOX 15 winner Beneil Dariush leaves 'the entertainment stuff' to the UFC

Beneil Dariush ran his winning streak to four with his unanimous decision victory over Jim Miller at UFC on FOX 15. The win over Miller was arguably the biggest of the 25-year-old’s young career.File read news >>

UFC 186 Results: Michael Bisping Decisions C.B. Dollaway

Michael Bisping got back on a winning track, going the distance and earning a unanimous decision over C.B. Dollaway at UFC 186 in Montreal on Saturday. read news >>

UFC Fight Night: Gonzaga vs. Cro Cop 2 - Idiot's Guide Preview to the Fight Pass Prelims

David Castillo breaks down the three things you need to know about way too many fights on the UFC Fight Pass undercard for UFN 64 in Poland. This April 11, 2015 a ton of action on the Fight Pass unde read news >>

Mayweather vs Pacquiao Secret Weapons

BE's striking specialist Connor Ruebusch breaks down the signature techniques of Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao. For the rest of the month leading up to Mayweather vs Pacquiao, we're looking read news >>

UFC Fight Night 64 complete fighter breakdown, Gabriel 'Napao' Gonzaga

MMAmania.com resident fighter analyst Andrew Richardson breaks down the mixed martial arts (MMA) game of UFC Fight Night 64 headliner Gabriel Gonzaga, who will look to defeat Mirko Filipovic for the read news >>

UFC Fight Night 63 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 63 event in Fairfax, Va., several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check out thos read news >>

UFC Fight Night 63 Results: Michael Chiesa Decisions Mitch Clarke

Michael Chiesa scored a unanimous decision over Mitch Clarke at UFC Fight Night 63 in Fairfax, Va. on Saturday. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 63 results: Michael Chiesa pressures Mitch Clarke to win unanimous decision

Two up-and-coming Lightweight standouts, Michael Chiesa and Mitch Clarke, came into Patriot Center today (April 4, 2015) in Fairfax, Va., boasting duplicate records (11-2) and looking to inch closer read news >>

UFC Fight Night 63 Results: Liz Carmouche Given Controversial Unanimous Nod

The crowd in Fairfax, Va., certainly didn't agree with the judges, who gave former title contender Liz Carmouche a unanimous nod over Lauren Murphy at UFC Fight Night 63. read news >>