James Te Huna at UFC 110After winning a decisive unanimous decision victory over Joey Beltran at UFC on Fuel TV 4, James Te Huna left the Octagon with a broken hand and a broken foot, albeit also with the Fight of the Night bonus to soften the blow.

Te Huna landed big flurries on the feet and from full mount, dropping Beltran in the first round, but the New Zealander knew something was amiss.

It took until Te Huna went back to his corner following the opening round to realize that halfway through the opening stanza he had broken both his hand and his foot.

“I think it was halfway through the first round,” Te Huna said at the post-fight press conference.  “I noticed it towards the end of the first and then in the second or third I felt a bit of it every time I stepped on my foot or used that jab.”

The Pirtek Athletic Allstars standout landed 65 of 121 strikes thrown in the first round, which is the most significant amount of strikes landed in UFC light heavyweight history.

Unfortunately for Te Huna, he had to play the rest of the fight safe because his mobility had been compromised with his broken foot, so he scored takedowns to get the job done via decision.

“I was surprised. I hit him with some of my biggest shots and he didn’t go down.  He wore it and I knew I had a bit little trouble with my hands.  I broke one hand, I broke a foot halfway through the first round, so I had to play it smart and try to get ahead on points.”

Follow Andrew Gladstone at @gladstone1 on Twitter.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Video: Dana White Gives His Immediate Reaction, Breaks Down UFC 201

Dana White gave his immediate reaction to UFC 201, a card that saw Tyron Woodley take out Robbie Lawler in the first round to win the 170-pound title. read news >>

Adrian Pang Looking to Extend Winning Streak at ONE: Heroes of the World

Adrian Pang will seek out his fourth win in a row when he takes on fellow veteran Eduard Folayang in a 155-pound main card bout at ONE: Heroes of the World. read news >>

Tanner Saraceno Looks to Start a Winning Streak in Valor Fights Debut

After suffering a loss in his pro debut, Tanner Saraceno will look to pick up his second straight win when he makes his Valor Fights debut on Saturday. read news >>

CJ Hamilton Excited to Fight for the Valor Fights Flyweight Championship

Hamilton (8-4) will look to add to his current winning streak when he takes on Cody Gabelman in a 125-pound championship co-main event bout at Valor Fights 36. read news >>

Grappling Ace Robert Drysdale Glad He Got Dinged While Winning Legacy FC Title

Believe it or not, new Legacy FC champion, grappling ace Robert Drysdale was glad he got tagged a few times en route to winning the belt. read news >>

Conor McGregor Breaks Brock Lesnar's Record for Biggest Fight Purse at UFC 202

UFC 202 may go on to set a number of records, but it already broke one. According to MMAFighting.com's Marc Raimondi, Conor McGregor will earn the biggest disclosed MMA purse in the sport's history a read news >>

Jake Butler Hopes Drop to Middleweight Helps Secure Long-Awaited Title Shot

On a four-fight winning streak, Jake Butler hopes drop to middleweight at ONE: Titles & Titans helps earn a shot at the belt. read news >>

UFC on FOX: Winning Ugly, Losing Pretty, and What It Gets You in the End

• a day ago

In this life you get out what you put in, right? That seems like Day One karmic thought. If you’re willing to put in work, you’ll get results. As you get results, you’ll see opportunities increase an read news >>

UFC on Fox 21 Joe Rogan Video Preview: Demian Maia vs. Carlos Condit

• 23 hours ago

UFC commentator Joe Rogan breaks down the main event of UFC on Fox 21. Don't miss Damian Maia take on Carlos Condit on Saturday, Aug. 27, in Vancouver. read news >>