James Te Huna at UFC 110After winning a decisive unanimous decision victory over Joey Beltran at UFC on Fuel TV 4, James Te Huna left the Octagon with a broken hand and a broken foot, albeit also with the Fight of the Night bonus to soften the blow.

Te Huna landed big flurries on the feet and from full mount, dropping Beltran in the first round, but the New Zealander knew something was amiss.

It took until Te Huna went back to his corner following the opening round to realize that halfway through the opening stanza he had broken both his hand and his foot.

“I think it was halfway through the first round,” Te Huna said at the post-fight press conference.  “I noticed it towards the end of the first and then in the second or third I felt a bit of it every time I stepped on my foot or used that jab.”

The Pirtek Athletic Allstars standout landed 65 of 121 strikes thrown in the first round, which is the most significant amount of strikes landed in UFC light heavyweight history.

Unfortunately for Te Huna, he had to play the rest of the fight safe because his mobility had been compromised with his broken foot, so he scored takedowns to get the job done via decision.

“I was surprised. I hit him with some of my biggest shots and he didn’t go down.  He wore it and I knew I had a bit little trouble with my hands.  I broke one hand, I broke a foot halfway through the first round, so I had to play it smart and try to get ahead on points.”

Follow Andrew Gladstone at @gladstone1 on Twitter.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

After the Octagon: After finding self, Frankie Perez helping others in retirement

Frankie Perez shocked the world when he retired immediately after winning his first UFC bout. But since then he hasn't gone far from the sport - all the while helping to make the difference in the li read news >>

While Roger Gracie Loves BJJ, His Heart is Set on Winning ONE Light Heavyweight Title

Following a nearly two year layoff, light-heavyweight Roger Gracie of the famed Gracie Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu clan is ready to return to MMA in a battle for the belt. read news >>

Chael Sonnen Weighs in on Kevin Costner’s Desire for Olympic MMA

On this episode of Beyond the Fight, Chael Sonnen weighs in on award winning actor Kevin Costner's desire to see mixed martial arts in the Olympics. read news >>

Mei Yamaguchi Says Winning a ONE Championship Title Would be Her Crowning Achievement

Mei Yamaguchi has been on the MMA scene for nearly a decade, but Friday’s ONE Championship title fight will be the biggest of her career. read news >>

UFC Rotterdam Joe Rogan Video Preview: Alistair Overeem vs. Andrei Arlovski

UFC commentator Joe Rogan breaks down a pivotal heavyweight showdown between No. 3-ranked Alistair Overeem and No. 5-ranked Andrei Arlovski. read news >>

Alan Stewart is on a Mission… to Keep the Fight Away from the Judges

Besides winning, Alan Stewart has another goal at Saturday night's Valor Fights 33, to keep the fight out of the hands of the judges. read news >>

Phil Davis vs. King Mo: Winner and Reaction from Bellator 154

Phil Davis won a controversial unanimous decision over Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal in the main event at Bellator 154 in San Jose, California, on Saturday. The fight was close, and either man could have read news >>

Stipe Miocic Finally Breaks Veteran Stranglehold on UFC Heavyweight Title

Back in January, after a scheduled matchup between Stipe Miocic and Fabricio Werdum was postponed due to a Werdum injury, the Brazilian UFC heavyweight champ threw a little shade in the direction of read news >>

Paige VanZant Breaks the Internet with ‘Dressed Like a Day Dream’ Post

UFC strawweight Paige VanZant is as attractive as she is dangerous. The 22-year-old is currently competing on the reality series "Dancing with the Stars." read news >>

Roger Gracie: Winning ONE Championship Belt Means More Than Any of His BJJ Titles

Despite his many accomplishments, Roger Gracie says, "Becoming the ONE light heavyweight world champion means more than all of my BJJ world titles." read news >>