James Te Huna at UFC 110After winning a decisive unanimous decision victory over Joey Beltran at UFC on Fuel TV 4, James Te Huna left the Octagon with a broken hand and a broken foot, albeit also with the Fight of the Night bonus to soften the blow.

Te Huna landed big flurries on the feet and from full mount, dropping Beltran in the first round, but the New Zealander knew something was amiss.

It took until Te Huna went back to his corner following the opening round to realize that halfway through the opening stanza he had broken both his hand and his foot.

“I think it was halfway through the first round,” Te Huna said at the post-fight press conference.  “I noticed it towards the end of the first and then in the second or third I felt a bit of it every time I stepped on my foot or used that jab.”

The Pirtek Athletic Allstars standout landed 65 of 121 strikes thrown in the first round, which is the most significant amount of strikes landed in UFC light heavyweight history.

Unfortunately for Te Huna, he had to play the rest of the fight safe because his mobility had been compromised with his broken foot, so he scored takedowns to get the job done via decision.

“I was surprised. I hit him with some of my biggest shots and he didn’t go down.  He wore it and I knew I had a bit little trouble with my hands.  I broke one hand, I broke a foot halfway through the first round, so I had to play it smart and try to get ahead on points.”

Follow Andrew Gladstone at @gladstone1 on Twitter.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Kenny Florian breaks down Dillashaw-Cruz title fight, a 'peek into future of MMA'

Retired UFC fighter and UFC-FOX analyst Kenny Florian can’t pick a winner in Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 81 headliner between T.J. Dillashaw and Dominick Cruz, but like any hardcore fight fan, he can’t read news >>

Twitter reacts to Cruz's title-winning victory over Dillashaw at UFC Fight Night 81

Dominick Cruz took back what was formerly his when he regained the UFC bantamweight title with a split decision win over T.J. Dillashaw at UFC Fight Night 81. Check out the top Twitter reactions to C read news >>

HOT TWEETS: Dominick Cruz Regains UFC Belt; What a Comeback!

Following Dominick Cruz winning back the UFC bantamweight title on Sunday, fighter took to Twitter with their reactions. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 81 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 81 event at Boston’s TD Garden, several of the winning and losing fighters, along with their coaches, training partners or family members, took to social media to r read news >>

ONE Championship title holder Bibiano Fernandes insists 'no easy fights' despite unheralded foe

With a 10-fight winning streak to his name, Bibiano Fernandes is generally considered the top bantamweight in the world not currently competing in the UFC. So how does one go about avoiding a defeat read news >>

For Bryce Mitchell, Nothing Bad Can Come of WSOF Debut

Winning is always the goal, but undefeated Bryce Mitchell believes nothing bad can come from his WSOF debut on Saturday. read news >>

How Velasquez's latest tough break is, in some ways, a very lucky one for the rest of us

The heart breaks for Cain Velasquez, who’s been forced out of yet another UFC title fight. But with a contender the caliber of Stipe Miocic ready and willing to step in against Fabricio Werdum, MMA f read news >>

Al Iaquinta: I'll be unstoppable when I come back with two healthy knees

Al Iaquinta ended 2015 riding a four-fight winning streak. With things fully clicking in his UFC career, Iaquinta had to put things on hold to have damage to the articular cartilage in his knee.It is read news >>

Barnett breaks down Rothwell: 'This is a guy who did lose to Mark Hunt – on the ground'

Josh Barnett gives kudos to Ben Rothwell for winning three straight fights in the UFC’s octagon. The way he sees it, up was the only direction his fellow heavyweight could go.Filed under: Featured Vi read news >>

The Downes Side: Fight Night New Jersey predictions

Who's got the edge at UFC Fight Night New Jersey Johnson vs. Bader? Former UFC fighter Dan Downes breaks down each of the fights on the main card and offers his predictions. read news >>