James Te Huna at UFC 110After winning a decisive unanimous decision victory over Joey Beltran at UFC on Fuel TV 4, James Te Huna left the Octagon with a broken hand and a broken foot, albeit also with the Fight of the Night bonus to soften the blow.

Te Huna landed big flurries on the feet and from full mount, dropping Beltran in the first round, but the New Zealander knew something was amiss.

It took until Te Huna went back to his corner following the opening round to realize that halfway through the opening stanza he had broken both his hand and his foot.

“I think it was halfway through the first round,” Te Huna said at the post-fight press conference.  “I noticed it towards the end of the first and then in the second or third I felt a bit of it every time I stepped on my foot or used that jab.”

The Pirtek Athletic Allstars standout landed 65 of 121 strikes thrown in the first round, which is the most significant amount of strikes landed in UFC light heavyweight history.

Unfortunately for Te Huna, he had to play the rest of the fight safe because his mobility had been compromised with his broken foot, so he scored takedowns to get the job done via decision.

“I was surprised. I hit him with some of my biggest shots and he didn’t go down.  He wore it and I knew I had a bit little trouble with my hands.  I broke one hand, I broke a foot halfway through the first round, so I had to play it smart and try to get ahead on points.”

Follow Andrew Gladstone at @gladstone1 on Twitter.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

HOT TWEETS: Conor McGregor on Winning Friends

There's no denying that Conor McGregor has had a tremendous impact in the Octagon and on the UFC's bottom line... and he's not shy about saying so. read news >>

Dos Santos dominates Rothwell for victory

Junior Dos Santos focused on the body to slow down and defeat Ben Rothwell by unanimous decision in the main event for UFC Fight Night Zagreb. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 86 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 86 event in Croatia, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check out some of tho read news >>

Viscardi Andrade notified of potential USADA anti-doping violation from UFC Fight Night 85

Following his unanimous decision win over Richard Walsh in Australia in March, Viscardi Andrade has been notified of a potential anti-doping violation.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Benson Henderson not thinking of historic implications of winning Bellator title

Benson Henderson is just over a week away from his chance to become the first fighter in MMA history to win Bellator and UFC championship belts in a career.Filed under: Bellator, News, UFC read news >>

UFC on FOX 19 Joe Rogan Video Preview: Glover Teixeira vs. Rashad Evans

UFC commentator Joe Rogan breaks down the UFC on FOX 19 main event between Glover Teixeira and Rashad Evans. read news >>

UFC on FOX 19 Video Highlights: Rose Namajunas vs. Tecia Torres

Watch highlights of Rose Namajunas' unanimous decision win over Tecia Torres from Saturday's UFC on FOX 19 co-main event in Tampa, Florda. read news >>

UFC on FOX 19 Video: Rose Namajunas Backstage Interview

Rose Namajunas talks backstage following her unanimous decision win over Tecia Torres in the UFC on FOX 19 co-main event in Tampa, Fla. on Saturday. read news >>

UFC on FOX 19 post-fight facts: Insane winning streak for Nurmagomedov stays alive

Saturday’s UFC on FOX 19 card was ravaged by injuries and fight changes. However, the FOX-televised card in Tampa, Fla., produced some eventful outcomes. Check out all the post-fight facts.Filed unde read news >>

UFC on FOX 19 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Since the early days when the sport was anything but a mainstream endeavor, the MMA industry has thrived and survived through various websites, forums and, perhaps most importantly, social-media plat read news >>