James Te Huna at UFC 110After winning a decisive unanimous decision victory over Joey Beltran at UFC on Fuel TV 4, James Te Huna left the Octagon with a broken hand and a broken foot, albeit also with the Fight of the Night bonus to soften the blow.

Te Huna landed big flurries on the feet and from full mount, dropping Beltran in the first round, but the New Zealander knew something was amiss.

It took until Te Huna went back to his corner following the opening round to realize that halfway through the opening stanza he had broken both his hand and his foot.

“I think it was halfway through the first round,” Te Huna said at the post-fight press conference.  “I noticed it towards the end of the first and then in the second or third I felt a bit of it every time I stepped on my foot or used that jab.”

The Pirtek Athletic Allstars standout landed 65 of 121 strikes thrown in the first round, which is the most significant amount of strikes landed in UFC light heavyweight history.

Unfortunately for Te Huna, he had to play the rest of the fight safe because his mobility had been compromised with his broken foot, so he scored takedowns to get the job done via decision.

“I was surprised. I hit him with some of my biggest shots and he didn’t go down.  He wore it and I knew I had a bit little trouble with my hands.  I broke one hand, I broke a foot halfway through the first round, so I had to play it smart and try to get ahead on points.”

Follow Andrew Gladstone at @gladstone1 on Twitter.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

UFC 192 results: Sergio Pettis gets unanimous nod over Chris Cariaso

HOUSTON -- Sergio Pettis is back on the winning track. The 22-year-old Milwaukee native stumbled in his return to flyweight in March, losing to Ryan Benoit. But the younger brother of former UFC ligh read news >>

UFC Japan Free Fight: Roy Nelson Knocks Out Cheick Kongo

Watch Roy Nelson extend to a three-fight winning streak when he knocked out Cheick Kongo back at UFC 159. read news >>

Bellator 142 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s Spike-televised Bellator 142 event in San Jose, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check th read news >>

Rich Chou's Shoes: What's next for Bellator 142's winning fighters?

With Bellator 142 in the rearview mirror, it’s time to look forward, put on a pair of Rich Chou’s shoes, and play Bellator matchmaker.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Twitter reacts to Phil Davis' Bellator 142 tournament-winning KO of Francis Carmont

Phil Davis hardly broke a sweat in winning the Bellator 142 one-night light heavyweight tournament.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator Dynamite: Emanuel Newton, Jersey Joe Walcott, & the Art of Awkwardness

Bloody Elbow's striking specialist Connor Ruebusch breaks down Bellator Dynamite's Emanuel Newton, whose moves are a great deal slicker than they may appear. The light heavyweight division is a weird read news >>

Dana White bought Kelvin Gastelum a nutritionist for UFC Mexico -- and Matt Brown isn't happy about it

After winning The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 17 as a middleweight, Kelvin Gastelum shed some skin to try his luck in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight division. Success did not come w read news >>

Invicta FC 14 Results: Tonya Evinger Dominates Pannie Kianzad

Invicta FC bantamweight champion dominated previously unbeaten Pannie Kianzad, winning by TKO in the Invicta FC 14 main event on Saturday. read news >>

Mayweather-Berto live updates: Who is winning the fight right now?

This is it folks! The main event of the evening -- and possibly the final fight in the storied career of professional boxer and colorful sports personality Floyd "Money" Mayweather -- is about to beg read news >>

Mayweather vs Berto prediction: Who is winning the fight tonight ... and how?

The end of an era? After 19 years of dominance, Floyd Mayweather's career will ostensibly come to an end TONIGHT (Sat., Sept. 12, 2015) when "Money" takes on the powerful Andre Berto in the main even read news >>