Official fighter weigh-ins for next month’s “UFC on FOX 7: Henderson vs. Melendez” event are slated for Friday, April 19, at California Theatre in San Jose, Calif.
The nearby HP Pavilion the following night’s show, which features a lightweight title fight between current UFC champion Benson Henderson (18-2 MMA, 6-0 UFC) and incoming Strikeforce champ Gilbert Melendez (21-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC).
UFC on FOX 7 features a four-fight main card that also boasts Daniel Cormier (11-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) vs. Frank Mir (16-6 MMA, 14-6 UFC), Nate Diaz (16-8 MMA, 11-6 UFC) vs. Josh Thomson (19-5 MMA, 2-1 UFC) and Matt Brown (16-11 MMA, 6-5 UFC) vs. Jordan Mein (27-8 MMA, 1-0 UFC). The main card airs on FOX following prelims on FX and Facebook.
At Friday’s weigh-ins, the first fighter steps on the scale at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT local time). Doors open to the public one hour earlier.
Prior to the weigh-ins, members of the UFC Fight Club, the UFC’s official fan club, are invited to a Q&A session with San Jose resident and former Strikeforce middleweight champion Cung Le. The fighter will answer fan questions at 2 p.m. PT local time, and doors are open to Fight Club members one hour earlier.
The full UFC on FOX 7 lineup includes:
MAIN CARD (FOX, 8 p.m. ET)
- Benson Henderson vs. Gilbert Melendez – for lightweight title
- Daniel Cormier vs. Frank Mir
- Nate Diaz vs. Josh Thomson
- Matt Brown vs. Jordan Mein
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX, 5 p.m. ET)
- Darren Elkins vs. Chad Mendes
- Norman Parke vs. Jon Tuck
- Francis Carmont vs. Lorenz Larkin
- Myles Jury vs. Ramsey Nijem
- Joseph Benavidez vs. Darren Uyenoyama
- Jorge Masvidal vs. Tim Means
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 3:35 p.m. ET)
- T.J. Dillashaw vs. Hugo Viana
- Roger Bowling vs. Anthony Njokuani
- Clifford Starks vs. Yoel Romero
For more on UFC on FOX 7, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.
(Pictured: Cung Le)