If he gets by Chael Sonnen in Saturday’s UFC 159 headliner, UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has two goals: a fight with Alexander Gustafsson and a spot on a future UFC on FOX card.

As a heavy favorite over Sonnen (27-12-1 MMA, 6-5 UFC), whom he meets in Saturday’s pay-per-view headliner at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., Jones (17-1 MMA, 11-1 UFC) has fielded numerous questions about what’s next.

When asked about potential opponents in the division, he quickly mentioned one name: Swedish contender Alexander Gustafsson (15-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC).

“Gustafsson for sure,” Jones said. “That’s somebody I want to fight.”

Gustafsson first mentioned the idea first as part of the above video.

“I don’t call people out,” Jones said. “He called me out first by making that ‘Harlem Shake’ video. He was like, ‘Jones is next.’ I was like, ‘Alright, if you really want me to be next, I’ll desire that fight.’”

Jones said he’s anxious to fight a guy with a similar build, height and reach. After all, he said, many fans are quick to criticize him and said his recent dominance is aided greatly by his long frame. But more importantly and unlike Sonnen, Jones appreciates that Gustafsson has been a professional while campaigning for the title fight.

“He’s a guy who has respect,” Jones said. “He’s a new guy to fight. It’s a champion vs. a young guy who’s ambitious. That’s a threat, always a threat, because he’s going to want it bad.”

And while such a matchup likely would headline a major PPV event, Jones said he’d like to fight on a UFC on FOX card at some point. He said he’s currently one of the UFC’s top 5 PPV draws, but he’d like to fight on network TV and be exposed to some new fans.

So don’t be surprised if he pulls aside UFC President Dana White for a discussion.

“I would love to be on a FOX card,” he said. “I would absolutely love to be on a FOX card. I would have to figure out how I would work that out with Dana (since I would) not be getting any of the pay-per-view (revenue) and stuff like that, but you do it because it’s a job too.

“But I would absolutely be honored to [be exposed] to a different demographic. A lot of people can’t afford to be spending $60 for entertainment like that, and I’m aware of that. I’d love to fight for people like that. I’d be honored.”

For more on UFC 159, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

An eight-year NYC resident, Rafael Natal elated with UFC 205 spot: 'One of the best phone calls of my life'

Rafael Natal may be Brazilian but, after eight years of living in New York City, UFC 205 sure feels like home. After securing his spot at Saturday's Madison Square Garden event, Natal can just make t read news >>

MMAjunkie Radio (1 p.m. ET): Chael Sonnen and UFC 205 recap

MMAjunkie Radio kicks off at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT) with guest Chael Sonnen and a recap of the weekend’s big UFC 205 event.Filed under: Bellator, News, UFC read news >>

Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio #2326 with Chael Sonnen

Stream or download Monday’s edition of MMAjunkie Radio with Chael Sonnen.Filed under: Bellator, News, Radio read news >>

Sergio Moraes wants spot in rankings after UFC Fight Night 100: 'I deserve to be ranked'

Sergio Moraes entered UFC 198 on a four-fight winning streak and left with a disappointing draw. Now, he’s looking to get things back on track when he faces Zak Ottow.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie Rankings, Nov. 15: With 2 belts, a No. 1 spot in 2 divisions

Thanks to Conor McGregor’s first-of-its-kind achievement, we’ve got a first in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie Rankings. By defeating Eddie Alvarez and adding a lightweight belt to his current feather read news >>

Chael Sonnen claims Mackenzie Dern ducked Miesha Tate, manager responds

Chael Sonnen on Monday said the meeting between former UFC women’s bantamweight champ Miesha Tate and Jessica Eye was not the originally planned matchup for next month’s Submission Underground 2.File read news >>

Ryan Bader Mauls Rogerio Nogueira (UFC Sao Paulo Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

(Video courtesy of UFC on FOX | Viewing may be limited by broadcast rights restrictions) Watch the highlights from the UFC Sao Paulo main event between light heavyweights Ryan Bader and Rogerio Nogui read news >>

Cole Miller vs. Mizuto Hirota joins UFC on FOX 22 lineup

Next month’s UFC on FOX 22 lineup has its 13th matchup.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Megan Anderson vs. Charmaine Tweet gets headline spot for Invicta FC 21 on Jan. 14

Invicta FC 21 is ready to kick off its 2016 season with a showdown in the featherweight division.Filed under: News read news >>

Video: Watch emotions run high in first UFC win for UFC Fight Night 101's Jason Knight

Back in July, the UFC on FOX 20 card in Chicago got a barnburner of a featherweight bout that wound up taking “Fight of the Night” honors. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>