If he gets by Chael Sonnen in Saturday’s UFC 159 headliner, UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has two goals: a fight with Alexander Gustafsson and a spot on a future UFC on FOX card.

As a heavy favorite over Sonnen (27-12-1 MMA, 6-5 UFC), whom he meets in Saturday’s pay-per-view headliner at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., Jones (17-1 MMA, 11-1 UFC) has fielded numerous questions about what’s next.

When asked about potential opponents in the division, he quickly mentioned one name: Swedish contender Alexander Gustafsson (15-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC).

“Gustafsson for sure,” Jones said. “That’s somebody I want to fight.”

Gustafsson first mentioned the idea first as part of the above video.

“I don’t call people out,” Jones said. “He called me out first by making that ‘Harlem Shake’ video. He was like, ‘Jones is next.’ I was like, ‘Alright, if you really want me to be next, I’ll desire that fight.’”

Jones said he’s anxious to fight a guy with a similar build, height and reach. After all, he said, many fans are quick to criticize him and said his recent dominance is aided greatly by his long frame. But more importantly and unlike Sonnen, Jones appreciates that Gustafsson has been a professional while campaigning for the title fight.

“He’s a guy who has respect,” Jones said. “He’s a new guy to fight. It’s a champion vs. a young guy who’s ambitious. That’s a threat, always a threat, because he’s going to want it bad.”

And while such a matchup likely would headline a major PPV event, Jones said he’d like to fight on a UFC on FOX card at some point. He said he’s currently one of the UFC’s top 5 PPV draws, but he’d like to fight on network TV and be exposed to some new fans.

So don’t be surprised if he pulls aside UFC President Dana White for a discussion.

“I would love to be on a FOX card,” he said. “I would absolutely love to be on a FOX card. I would have to figure out how I would work that out with Dana (since I would) not be getting any of the pay-per-view (revenue) and stuff like that, but you do it because it’s a job too.

“But I would absolutely be honored to [be exposed] to a different demographic. A lot of people can’t afford to be spending $60 for entertainment like that, and I’m aware of that. I’d love to fight for people like that. I’d be honored.”

For more on UFC 159, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Chael Sonnen says he's facing Josh Barnett in Metamoris

Chael Sonnen, who debuts this Friday night as an announcer for the World Series of Fighting, announced on Monday that he would be facing Josh Barnett in a Metamoris submission grappling match later t read news >>

Sonnen criticizes ‘terrible’ Fedor: He’s a ‘chubby bald guy with a nerdy sweater’

Former UFC middleweight title challenger Chael Sonnen discussed the return of heavyweight legend Fedor Emelianenko and where he stands in terms of his legacy. read news >>

Chael Sonnen: I'm fighting Josh Barnett at Metamoris and will take his fat ass down

"I'll even give you gentlemen a prediction: Sonnen wins. I'm going to take his fat ass down and he will never get up. And let him know I said that. I'm going to take Josh down and then I'm going to w read news >>

Listen: Submission Radio w/ Chael Sonnen, Andrei Arlovski, Kirik Jenness

This week, Submission Radio chat withs Chael Sonnen, Andrei Arlovski and have a roundtable discussion with The Underground's Kirik Jenness about Dana White saving Miesha Tate's career, if Fedor is to read news >>

UFC on FOX 17: Dos Anjos vs. Cerrone 2 fight card

A look at the Saturday, December 19th UFC on FOX fight card in Orlando, FL, where lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos aims for another win over Donald Cerrone. The final UFC event of 2015 will be a read news >>

Legacy FC 45 results: J.C. Cottrell survives scare to finish Ed Cline in first

Johnny Cottrell had to survive a terrible spot early in his Legacy FC 45 welterweight main event with Edward Cline, but once he got out of danger, he wasted no time in turning the tables and finishin read news >>

The MMA Road Show with John Morgan No. 24: Chael Sonnen, Demetrious Johnson, Bilyal Makhov

Episode No. 24 of “The MMA Road Show with John Morgan” podcast, featuring Chael Sonnen, Demetrious Johnson and Bilyal Makhov, is now available for streaming and download.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Sarah Kaufman Misses Her Target, Draws Germaine de Randamie at UFC on FOX 17

Sarah Kaufman had been gunning for someone at the upper end of the UFC women's bantamweight rankings for her next fight, but she won't get her wish. read news >>

UFC on FOX 17: Sarah Kaufman vs. Germaine de Randamie joins Orlando card in December

Kaufman aims to get back on the winning track against the Dutch striker. While it may not be the bout or opponent she was looking for, Sarah Kaufman 17-3-(1) will soon be inside the Ultimate Fighting read news >>

No Correia, Tate, Zingano for Sarah Kaufman, who gets de Randamie at UFC on Fox 17

Sarah Kaufman had a trio of fights she was hoping for, but she’ll have to settle for a name that wasn’t on her list.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>