If he gets by Chael Sonnen in Saturday’s UFC 159 headliner, UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has two goals: a fight with Alexander Gustafsson and a spot on a future UFC on FOX card.

As a heavy favorite over Sonnen (27-12-1 MMA, 6-5 UFC), whom he meets in Saturday’s pay-per-view headliner at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., Jones (17-1 MMA, 11-1 UFC) has fielded numerous questions about what’s next.

When asked about potential opponents in the division, he quickly mentioned one name: Swedish contender Alexander Gustafsson (15-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC).

“Gustafsson for sure,” Jones said. “That’s somebody I want to fight.”

Gustafsson first mentioned the idea first as part of the above video.

“I don’t call people out,” Jones said. “He called me out first by making that ‘Harlem Shake’ video. He was like, ‘Jones is next.’ I was like, ‘Alright, if you really want me to be next, I’ll desire that fight.’”

Jones said he’s anxious to fight a guy with a similar build, height and reach. After all, he said, many fans are quick to criticize him and said his recent dominance is aided greatly by his long frame. But more importantly and unlike Sonnen, Jones appreciates that Gustafsson has been a professional while campaigning for the title fight.

“He’s a guy who has respect,” Jones said. “He’s a new guy to fight. It’s a champion vs. a young guy who’s ambitious. That’s a threat, always a threat, because he’s going to want it bad.”

And while such a matchup likely would headline a major PPV event, Jones said he’d like to fight on a UFC on FOX card at some point. He said he’s currently one of the UFC’s top 5 PPV draws, but he’d like to fight on network TV and be exposed to some new fans.

So don’t be surprised if he pulls aside UFC President Dana White for a discussion.

“I would love to be on a FOX card,” he said. “I would absolutely love to be on a FOX card. I would have to figure out how I would work that out with Dana (since I would) not be getting any of the pay-per-view (revenue) and stuff like that, but you do it because it’s a job too.

“But I would absolutely be honored to [be exposed] to a different demographic. A lot of people can’t afford to be spending $60 for entertainment like that, and I’m aware of that. I’d love to fight for people like that. I’d be honored.”

For more on UFC 159, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

UFC on FOX 20 Takeaways: Bring Back Ronda Rousey … Like, Now

The UFC women's bantamweight division can use some more Ronda Rousey. read news >>

Islam Makhachev Cleared in Testing Positive for Meldonium Prior to UFC on FOX 19

After having his UFC on FOX 19 bout cancelled in April, Islam Makhachev on Wednesday was found "not at fault" for ingesting a prohibited substance. read news >>

UFC on FOX 20 TV Ratings Peak with 4.687 Million Viewers for Main Event

UFC on FOX 20 sent FOX's tv ratings for UFC events through the roof, peaking with 4.687 million viewers for Holly Holm vs. Valentina Shevchenko. read news >>

Chael Sonnen’s UFC 201 Main Event Breakdown: Robbie Lawler vs. Tyron Woodley

Former UFC title contender Chael Sonnen weighs in on the UFC 201 main event welterweight championship bout between Robbie Lawler and Tyron Woodley. read news >>

Chael Sonnen Rails on Association of Boxing Commissions’ Rules Changes (Video)

Chael Sonnen isn't cheering the ABC's recent MMA rules changes, particularly when it comes to the rule about what constitutes a downed fighter. read news >>

UFC 202 Free Fight: Nate Diaz Defeats Michael Johnson

Watch as Nate Diaz earned a decision victory against Michael Johnson at UFC on FOX 17 in December 2015. read news >>

UFC 202 Results: 5 Burning Questions Heading into UFC on Fox 21

UFC 202 is in the books. The results are as follows, per Bleacher Report's Craig Amos: UFC 202 Main Card Conor McGregor def. Nate Diaz, majority decision (48-47, 47-47, 48-47) Anthony Johnson def. Gl read news >>

UFC on Fox 21 Road to the Octagon Video: Carlos Condit vs. Demian Maia

• a day ago

In the thrilling five-round UFC on FOX 21 main event, Carlos “The Natural Born Killer” Condit returns to the Octagon to face BJJ ace Demian Maia. read news >>

UFC on Fox 21 Road to the Octagon Video: Anthony Pettis vs. Charles Oliveira

• a day ago

The UFC on Fox 21 co-main event features former lightweight champ Anthony Pettis making his featherweight debut against aggressive finisher Charles Oliveira. read news >>

UFC on Fox 21 Road to the Octagon Video: Paige VanZant vs. Bec Rawlings

• a day ago

In a third electrifying matchup, strawweights Paige VanZant and Bec Rawlings prepare to battle in a pivotal bout for both contenders. read news >>