If he gets by Chael Sonnen in Saturday’s UFC 159 headliner, UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has two goals: a fight with Alexander Gustafsson and a spot on a future UFC on FOX card.

As a heavy favorite over Sonnen (27-12-1 MMA, 6-5 UFC), whom he meets in Saturday’s pay-per-view headliner at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., Jones (17-1 MMA, 11-1 UFC) has fielded numerous questions about what’s next.

When asked about potential opponents in the division, he quickly mentioned one name: Swedish contender Alexander Gustafsson (15-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC).

“Gustafsson for sure,” Jones said. “That’s somebody I want to fight.”

Gustafsson first mentioned the idea first as part of the above video.

“I don’t call people out,” Jones said. “He called me out first by making that ‘Harlem Shake’ video. He was like, ‘Jones is next.’ I was like, ‘Alright, if you really want me to be next, I’ll desire that fight.’”

Jones said he’s anxious to fight a guy with a similar build, height and reach. After all, he said, many fans are quick to criticize him and said his recent dominance is aided greatly by his long frame. But more importantly and unlike Sonnen, Jones appreciates that Gustafsson has been a professional while campaigning for the title fight.

“He’s a guy who has respect,” Jones said. “He’s a new guy to fight. It’s a champion vs. a young guy who’s ambitious. That’s a threat, always a threat, because he’s going to want it bad.”

And while such a matchup likely would headline a major PPV event, Jones said he’d like to fight on a UFC on FOX card at some point. He said he’s currently one of the UFC’s top 5 PPV draws, but he’d like to fight on network TV and be exposed to some new fans.

So don’t be surprised if he pulls aside UFC President Dana White for a discussion.

“I would love to be on a FOX card,” he said. “I would absolutely love to be on a FOX card. I would have to figure out how I would work that out with Dana (since I would) not be getting any of the pay-per-view (revenue) and stuff like that, but you do it because it’s a job too.

“But I would absolutely be honored to [be exposed] to a different demographic. A lot of people can’t afford to be spending $60 for entertainment like that, and I’m aware of that. I’d love to fight for people like that. I’d be honored.”

For more on UFC 159, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Yoel Romero injured, out of UFC on Fox 15 co-main event vs. Jacare Souza

It appears that Yoel Romero vs. Ronaldo Souza isn't meant to happen. So far, we're 0-for-2 in actually getting to see Yoel Romero vs. Ronaldo Souza happen inside the Octagon. The first cancellation w read news >>

Ouch! Yoel Romero injured, middleweight bout with Jacare Souza at UFC on FOX 15 off again

Déjà vu... Just when it seemed Ultimate Fighting Championship's (UFC) latest iteration of UFC on FOX would go on unscathed next weekend (April 18, 2015) at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey read news >>

'UFC Road to the Octagon: Machida vs. Rockhold' debuts Sunday on FOX

The quarterly “UFC Road to the Octagon” preview show returns Sunday to spotlight the upcoming UFC on FOX 15 middleweight showdown between contenders Lyoto Machida and Luke Rockhold.Filed under: News, read news >>

Yoel Romero injured, out of UFC on FOX 15 bout opposite Jacare Souza

For the second time in as many attempts, the scheduled bout between UFC middleweights Yoel Romero and Ronaldo Souza has fallen through. While the fight was delayed the first time due to an illness su read news >>

Georges St-Pierre: 'Conor McGregor can back up what he says'

Former long-time UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre joined Chael Sonnen on his 'You're Welcome' podcast where he discussed the intensifying feud between Jose Aldo and Conor McGregor. Fighter read news >>

Marcin Held in the penultimate spot to make 2015 all about Poland

Marcin Held just turned 23 years old in January, yet with 23 professional fights -- including four last year alone -- there are times when he feels much older. Such as when he speaks to your average read news >>

Georges St-Pierre Talks UFC Return with Chael Sonnen, Says He Could Be 'On Top'

Georges St-Pierre's UFC return remains a mystery, and the former welterweight champ himself is now fueling the intrigue. In the past three weeks alone, conflicting reports have emerged regarding St-P read news >>

Chael Sonnen Podcast: Georges St-Pierre, ‘I Could Be the Best’

Former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre recently joined Chael Sonnen and said he could still be the best fighter in mixed martial arts. read news >>

Cub Swanson Plans to Bring 'Beautiful Destruction' to UFC on Fox 15

Cub Swanson has a different mentality when it comes to the fight game. He knows a complex understanding of both the physical and mental realms is required, and the process of putting those elements i read news >>