If he gets by Chael Sonnen in Saturday’s UFC 159 headliner, UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has two goals: a fight with Alexander Gustafsson and a spot on a future UFC on FOX card.

As a heavy favorite over Sonnen (27-12-1 MMA, 6-5 UFC), whom he meets in Saturday’s pay-per-view headliner at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., Jones (17-1 MMA, 11-1 UFC) has fielded numerous questions about what’s next.

When asked about potential opponents in the division, he quickly mentioned one name: Swedish contender Alexander Gustafsson (15-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC).

“Gustafsson for sure,” Jones said. “That’s somebody I want to fight.”

Gustafsson first mentioned the idea first as part of the above video.

“I don’t call people out,” Jones said. “He called me out first by making that ‘Harlem Shake’ video. He was like, ‘Jones is next.’ I was like, ‘Alright, if you really want me to be next, I’ll desire that fight.’”

Jones said he’s anxious to fight a guy with a similar build, height and reach. After all, he said, many fans are quick to criticize him and said his recent dominance is aided greatly by his long frame. But more importantly and unlike Sonnen, Jones appreciates that Gustafsson has been a professional while campaigning for the title fight.

“He’s a guy who has respect,” Jones said. “He’s a new guy to fight. It’s a champion vs. a young guy who’s ambitious. That’s a threat, always a threat, because he’s going to want it bad.”

And while such a matchup likely would headline a major PPV event, Jones said he’d like to fight on a UFC on FOX card at some point. He said he’s currently one of the UFC’s top 5 PPV draws, but he’d like to fight on network TV and be exposed to some new fans.

So don’t be surprised if he pulls aside UFC President Dana White for a discussion.

“I would love to be on a FOX card,” he said. “I would absolutely love to be on a FOX card. I would have to figure out how I would work that out with Dana (since I would) not be getting any of the pay-per-view (revenue) and stuff like that, but you do it because it’s a job too.

“But I would absolutely be honored to [be exposed] to a different demographic. A lot of people can’t afford to be spending $60 for entertainment like that, and I’m aware of that. I’d love to fight for people like that. I’d be honored.”

For more on UFC 159, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

From Around the Web

UFC 184 Musings - Part One

I’ve covered Holly Holm’s career since she held the top spot on female boxing’s pound-for-pound list, so when she came over to MMA full-time... read news >>

Norman Parke pens open letter to Joe Lauzon challenging him to fight at UFC on FOX 15

There's traditional ways to call out an opponent, then there's the Norman Parke way. If your calls for a fight via Facebook and Twitter get you blocked, then do it the old fashioned way and write a l read news >>

UFC on FOX 15 lineup finalized with eight bouts on FOX

The lineup for UFC on FOX 15, the UFC’s return to New Jersey, is set.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Chael Sonnen vs. Renato 'Babalu' Sobral set for Metamoris VI

A rematch of UFC 55 is coming to Metamoris. Chael Sonnen will meet Renato "Babalu" Sobral on May 9 at Metamoris VI, according to Sonnen. Metamoris founder Ralek Gracie confirmed the news, as well. Gr read news >>

UFC on Fox 15 bout order finalized, Herrig vs. VanZant opens up main card

See the bout order for the finalized UFC on Fox 15: Machida vs. Rockhold card in Newark, New Jersey on April 18th. The bout order for UFC on Fox 15 at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey is n read news >>

Lyoto Machida Takes Weapons Inventory Ahead of Luke Rockhold (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Ahead of his UFC on FOX 15 fight with Luke Rockhold, Lyoto Machida spoke with MMAWeekly.com, taking stock of his weapons arsenal and detailing his strengths. read news >>

Chewing the fat with Chael Sonnen: UFC, Lesnar, Rousey, Cyborg, NY MMA & more

Retired UFC middleweight superstar, Chael Sonnen weighs in on some of the buzz-worthy topics in the community. Key points of conversation included his take on MMA in NY, Brock Lesnar, Cris Cyborg, wh read news >>

Metamoris 6: 'Babalu' will submit Chael Sonnen in less than 10 minutes

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight Renato Sobral submitted Chael Sonnen in less than 10 minutes when they went to war at the UFC 55 pay-per-view (PPV) event, which took pla read news >>

Video: Patrick Cummins wants to 'surprise' Ovince St. Preux on the feet at UFC on FOX 15

Former barista turned Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight contender Patrick Cummins wants to show off his entire mixed martial arts (MMA) arsenal when he takes on Ovince St. Preux read news >>