Forrest PetzShortly after suffering back-to-back losses in the UFC in 2010, welterweight Forrest Petz knew things needed to change.

“I had a fight right after I was cut from the UFC and won, but it really wasn’t very impressive,” said Petz. “I just kind of felt like I was stuck in this rut and went back to the drawing board.”

Petz hooked up with a former boxing coach and was able to turn things around.

“My technique just kind of deteriorated boxing-wise,” he told “I was never really a finesse guy in the first place, but I had lost my power.

“I was able to get my feet back under me and it came back. My next three opponents, I knocked them out, and I think that’s due a lot to improvements in my technique under my boxing coach.”

Petz is now riding a four-fight winning streak, including his debut for the Score Fighting Series in March where he beat Sergej Juskevic via TKO half way into the second round of their fight.

“It was a real good, tough, back-and-forth fight that I won with pressure,” said Petz. “He was able to put me down in the first round, but once I recovered, I just kept coming and you could see it wore him down.

“It’s the kind of style that I feel is going to benefit me; I’ve been around this game a long time and I have some of the durability. I’ve been put down on the canvas before and I’ve survived to get back on there and stay on track.”

Petz feels his ability to stay in the fight will play into his return to Score on Friday in Hamilton, Ontario, against former Strikeforce fighter Jordan Mein.

“He’s a real tough, well-rounded guy, and even though he’s young, he has just as much experience as I do,” said Petz of Mein. “I’ve been doing this for a long time and I know what I’ve got to do, and as long as I stick to my strategy, I should come out on top in this fight.

“I believe I can pressure this guy and take what he gives me.”

A win over Mein could cap off what Petz feels is his best year to date. And Petz feels that now is definitely the time if he’s going to make one more run at the top.

“I’m not getting any younger,” said Petz. “I’ve been in the UFC and stuff, but my career never really turned out the way I wanted it to.

“I’m the best I’ve ever been right now and I feel like if I can beat a guy like Jordan, it’s a pretty good achievement. I believe it can put me back on the map. I don’t want to leave anything on the table. When I’m done fighting I don’t want to think of how things could have been.”

Stay tuned to for all the latest MMA news and updates.

UFC Japan Free Fight: Roy Nelson Knocks Out Cheick Kongo

Watch Roy Nelson extend to a three-fight winning streak when he knocked out Cheick Kongo back at UFC 159. read news >>

UFC Japan Free Fight: Roy Nelson Knocks Out Cheick Kongo

Daniel Swain Looks to SFL America Fight to Get Back on a Winning Streak

In a battle of Northwestern U.S. prospects, Daniel Swain is looking to his SFL America fight with Drew Brokenshire to get back on a winning streak. read news >>

TUF LATAM 2 - Episode 5 Recap

Heading into this week's fight on The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America 2, it appeared that Team Escudero fighter Enrique Barzola was a slight underdog in his matchup with Team Gastelum's read news >>

'The Ultimate Fighter 22' blog: James Jenkins on episode No. 3

We left off last week with Ryan winning by heel hook and then next up we have Chris Gruetzemacher fighting Sascha Sharma. At the house we had a schedule up of everything going on that week and the ne read news >>

Roger Huerta Rekindling His Career Heading into Yoji Ando Fight

Rekindling his career, Roger Huerta heads into ONE: Odyssey of Champions looking for a big victory over Yoji Ando. read news >>

Video: Watch Roy Nelson destroy Cheick Kongo in UFC 159 bonus-winning KO

Before his current rough run, Nelson had a pretty perfect set of three wins in a row – all by first-round knockout. Check out his starching of Cheick Kongo inside. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Bellator 142 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s Spike-televised Bellator 142 event in San Jose, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check th read news >>

Rich Chou's Shoes: What's next for Bellator 142's winning fighters?

With Bellator 142 in the rearview mirror, it’s time to look forward, put on a pair of Rich Chou’s shoes, and play Bellator matchmaker.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Twitter reacts to Phil Davis' Bellator 142 tournament-winning KO of Francis Carmont

Phil Davis hardly broke a sweat in winning the Bellator 142 one-night light heavyweight tournament.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>