Andre Winner has been released by the UFC. | Photo: Dave Mandel

Two more fighters now possess the title “UFC veteran,” as welterweight John Howard and lightweight Andre Winner have been cut from the Ultimate Fighting Championship roster.

Winner’s manager, Wad Alameddine, confirmed news of his client’s release to MMAJunkie.com on Monday, while Howard himself took to the Internet to address fans.

“The rumor is true: I got released today. They finally announced it,” Howard, 28, said in a video posted on his personal Twitter account. “All I have to say is, it is what it is. You get three straight losses in the UFC and this is what happens. I’m not too mad about it. It’s whatever, man. I tried my best. My last fight with Matt Brown, I didn’t think I lost, but when it goes to the judges, that’s what happens.”

After winning four straight to begin his Octagon career, Howard suffered three consecutive losses, falling to Jake Ellenberger, Thiago Alves and, most recently, Brown in a June 26 unanimous decision. On Monday, the Boston native appeared upbeat and optimistic about his future in another promotion.

“My plans right now is to either go to Bellator or Dream, or something else. Whoever makes me the best offer, I’m gonna go there, make some money. That’s my goal right now,” explained Howard. “Right now, I’m a UFC veteran. I’m gonna make some money off that name. I’m gonna make a lot more money now... I’m not quitting. I’m coming back. You’ll see me soon.”

Winner, 29, was a finalist on the ninth season of “The Ultimate Fighter” reality show, where he dropped a unanimous decision to British countryman Ross Pearson. Though he would rebound with back-to-back victories, the Team Rough House representative was bested thrice in the past 12 months, his last defeat coming in a lopsided decision loss to Anthony Njokuani on July 2.

Uriah Hall steps in to face Krzysztof Jotko at UFC Fight Night Berlin

The TUF 17 veteran replaces Derek Brunson, who pulled out with a rib injury. Another alteration has occurred to the UFC Fight Night: Jedrzejczyk vs. Penne event, as Derek Brunson pulled out of his fi read news >>

'TUF 1' and 25-fight UFC veteran Josh Koscheck signs with Bellator

Three months after the MMA world wondered if a fifth straight loss was going to lead to retirement for Josh Koscheck, it has its answer: Nope.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, UFC read news >>

'TUF 19' middleweight finalist Dhiego Lima announces release from UFC roster

With three losses in his four official UFC fights, Dhiego Lima says he has been released from the UFC.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Marcio Alexandre Jr. meets George Sullivan at Las Vegas' TUF 21 Finale in July

A welterweight bout between a pair of hard hitters looking to rebound from losses to Tim Means is the latest addition to July’s lineup for The Ultimate Fighter 21 Finale.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

'TUF 21: ATT vs. Blackzilians' blog: Michael Graves on episode No. 8

In his weekly blog for MMAjunkie, “The Ultimate Fighter 21? cast member and American Top Team representative Michael Graves discusses the season’s eighth episode.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

TUF 21 American Top Team vs. Blackzilians: Episode 8 Results and Recap

With American Top Team reeling and the Blackzilians streaking, who would snag the last 50-point fight going into the final round? That was the big question going into episode eight of The Ultimate Fi read news >>

Knockout Radio Live: Ken Shamrock and TUF 21 Fight Winner

Tune in Thursday, June 11, at 6 p.m. EST, for Knockout Radio LIVE with Bellator heavyweight and UFC Hall of Famer Ken Shamrock, and the latest TUF 21 fight winner. read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 21 live discussion: Episode 8

Tonight, we have you covered for live coverage of episode 8 of The Ultimate Fighter. TUF: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians airs tonight at 10 pm on Fox Sports 1. Join us here for live discussion. T read news >>

On mend from 11th surgery, 'TUF 11' winner Court McGee hopes to return this year

Since Court McGee won “The Ultimate Fighter 11,” he’s had more surgeries than fights – 11 to be exact.Filed under: Featured Videos, MMAjunkie Radio, News, Radio Highlight, UFC read news >>

TUF 21 results, recap (Ep. 8) for 'ATT vs. Blackzilians'

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 21 returns to FOX Sports 1 later tonight (Weds., June 10, 2015) at 10 p.m. ET, featuring episode eight of the combat sports reality show, pitting American Top Team (ATT) ag read news >>