Andre Winner has been released by the UFC. | Photo: Dave Mandel

Two more fighters now possess the title “UFC veteran,” as welterweight John Howard and lightweight Andre Winner have been cut from the Ultimate Fighting Championship roster.

Winner’s manager, Wad Alameddine, confirmed news of his client’s release to MMAJunkie.com on Monday, while Howard himself took to the Internet to address fans.

“The rumor is true: I got released today. They finally announced it,” Howard, 28, said in a video posted on his personal Twitter account. “All I have to say is, it is what it is. You get three straight losses in the UFC and this is what happens. I’m not too mad about it. It’s whatever, man. I tried my best. My last fight with Matt Brown, I didn’t think I lost, but when it goes to the judges, that’s what happens.”

After winning four straight to begin his Octagon career, Howard suffered three consecutive losses, falling to Jake Ellenberger, Thiago Alves and, most recently, Brown in a June 26 unanimous decision. On Monday, the Boston native appeared upbeat and optimistic about his future in another promotion.

“My plans right now is to either go to Bellator or Dream, or something else. Whoever makes me the best offer, I’m gonna go there, make some money. That’s my goal right now,” explained Howard. “Right now, I’m a UFC veteran. I’m gonna make some money off that name. I’m gonna make a lot more money now... I’m not quitting. I’m coming back. You’ll see me soon.”

Winner, 29, was a finalist on the ninth season of “The Ultimate Fighter” reality show, where he dropped a unanimous decision to British countryman Ross Pearson. Though he would rebound with back-to-back victories, the Team Rough House representative was bested thrice in the past 12 months, his last defeat coming in a lopsided decision loss to Anthony Njokuani on July 2.

Kelvin Gastelum Faces Jorge Masvidal at the TUF: Latin America 3 Finale

Fifth-ranked 170-pound contender Kelvin Gastelum faces battle-tested veteran Jorge Masvidal at The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America 3 Finale in Mexico City. read news >>

TUF Latin America 3: Episode 2 Preview

Following a week of introductions as coaches Chuck Liddell and Forrest Griffin got to know the fighters and make their team selections, the first bout of the latest season of The Ultimate Fighter Lat read news >>

Knockout Radio LIVE: Eddie Gordon, TUF 24’s Matt Schnell, and UFC Hamburg Preview

Tune in Wednesday, Aug. 31, at 6 pm ET, for Knockout Radio LIVE! as they talk with Eddie Gordon and Matt Schnell, preview UFC Fight Night 93, and recap UFC on FOX 21. read news >>

Following Coaching Stint on TUF 24, Gaston Bolanos Takes Aim at Lion Fight Title

Gaston Bolanos will get a chance to challenge for his first major Muay Thai title when he takes on veteran Tum Sityodtong in a Lion Fight lightweight title bout. read news >>

Kyle O’Reilly Embraces the Convergence of Pro Wrestling and MMA

Heading into his match with UFC veteran Matt Riddle, Kyle O'Reilly embraces the convergence of pro wrestling and MMA. read news >>

Fabricio Werdum Reveals His Plan to Get the Title Back (UFC 203 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Former heavyweight champ Fabricio Werdum plans to get back to a title fight by defeating Travis Browne again at UFC 203 on Saturday. read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 24 Finale: Team Benavidez vs Team Cejudo Event Page and Fight Card | MMAWeekly.com

TUF 24: Team Benavidez vs. Team Cejudo Finale fight card rumors and start times for Dec. 3, 2016, in Las Vegas, Nevada. read news >>

Chael Sonnen to Bellator: Latest Contract Details, Comments, Reaction

Veteran MMA fighter Chael Sonnen has left UFC and signed a multiyear deal with Bellator, Damon Martin of Fox Sports reported Thursday. MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani confirmed Martin's report. The 39-y read news >>

UFC Adds Veteran MMA Executive Mick Maynard, Promotes Sean Shelby

UFC announced today the hiring of Mick Maynard as Vice President of Talent Relations. Maynard was president and owner of Houston-based Legacy Fighting Championship, an organization that helped launch read news >>

Biggest Upset in TUF History Happened This Week | MMAWeekly.com

Arguably the biggest upset in the history of The Ultimate Fighter happened on the fifth episode of TUF 24: Tournament of Champions, which aired on Wednesday. read news >>