Anthony Pettis was taken to the hospital on Monday for precautionary reasons after discovering a staph infection in his elbow, but the fighter hopes he will be released today.

Sherdog.com confirmed the information with Pettis’ manager, Mike Roberts, on Tuesday. AXS TV’s “Inside MMA” first reported the development.

Pettis, 25, has won six of his last seven fights. The Roufusport product outpointed current UFC lightweight king Benson Henderson to become the final World Extreme Cagefighting 155-pound champion prior to the UFC absorbing the organization last year.

Pettis made his UFC debut against Clay Guida in June 2011, dropping a unanimous decision to “The Carpenter” at “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 13 finale. Pettis rebounded from the defeat to take a split nod from Jeremy Stephens just over one year ago and then extended his winning streak to two fights with a first-round knockout of Joe Lauzon this past February at UFC 144. Pettis has stopped 12 of his 15 victims during his five years as a professional, recording six victories by way of knockout.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

Jose Aldo Requests Release from UFC Contract: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction

  • 3 days ago
  • 18 views

Upset about not being given a rematch against Conor McGregor at UFC 205, Jose Aldo has requested a release from his contract. Aldo made his comments to the Brazilian website Combate (translation via  read news >>

Jose Aldo requests release from UFC 'after being fooled so many times'

  • 3 days ago
  • 22 views

Fed up, Jose Aldo has requested his release from the UFCFight fans may never get a change to see longtime featherweight kingpin Jose Aldo step foot inside a UFC Octagon ever again.On Tuesday, in an i read news >>

Jose Aldo Asks for UFC Release, Threatens to Retire | MMAWeekly.com

  • 3 days ago
  • 27 views

After what he sees as the latest broken promise, Jose Aldo says he is done with the UFC. He wants to be released. read news >>

Jose Aldo doubles down on request for UFC release, Max Holloway responds

  • 3 days ago
  • 377 views

Jose Aldo is doubling down on his desire for his release from the UFC, much to the chagrin of featherweight top contender Max HollowayJose Aldo did more than enough to earn his rematch against Conor read news >>

Coach Pederneiras confirms Jose Aldo wants out of UFC, hopes to figure out contract termination in Portland

  • 2 days ago
  • 27 views

Former UFC featherweight champion and current interim titleholder Jose Aldo said on Tuesday that he wanted out of the UFC – and possibly MMA altogether – following UFC 205’s main event booking.Filed read news >>