glover-teixeira-19.jpgBELO HORIZONTE, Brazil – Glover Teixeira is not the kind of man to call someone out. Humble, even a little quiet, the 33-year-old slugger prefers not to rock the boat. However, with a title shot on the horizon, Teixeira admits he’s got a specific target in mind.

With his UFC Fight Night 28 win over Ryan Bader (15-4 MMA, 8-4 UFC), Teixeira (22-2 MMA, 5-0 UFC) earned a shot at the winner of UFC 165's title fight between light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson, and the Brazilian contender admits he’s prefer to fight the reigning champ.

“My dream is to get the belt, but I believe Jon Jones will win,” Teixeira said after Wednesday’s event. “That’s the way I see it, and I definitely prefer to fight him, in a certain manner because Jon Jones has a better name. He’s been a champ for a long time, so whoever goes to face him has to be very focused, very well-trained.”

Teixeira and Bader met in the main event of Wednesday’s UFC Fight Night 28 event, which took place at Mineirinho Arena in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil. The card marked Teixeira’s first UFC headlining slot, as well as his first professional fight in his home state.

The win didn’t come easy, as Bader was able to rock him twice in the opening round but was unable to secure the finish. Instead, Teixeira picked himself up off the canvas and landed a thunderous two-punch combination that sent Bader crashing to the floor.

Teixeira quickly followed, earning a first-round TKO stoppage.

Afterward, Teixeira was visibly upset with his performance. He later explained he was simply disappointed to have allowed himself to be hit so cleanly.

“I was thinking a lot about the knockout, and I was waiting for that,” Teixeira said. “I was waiting for him to punch me so I could counter him, but I was very close to him. That’s where he got me. I remembered we always have to move, and we always have to be first. I have to do my strategy, which is always to move the head around and to go forward and to make those punches connect. I didn’t move around, and that’s where the problems started.

“I was a bit upset because despite Ryan Bader being a huge athlete and a great fighter, we always want to be the guy who goes in and dominates. I think the secret of the fight is for us to hit and not get hit, to punch and not get punched.”

Despite the early struggles, Teixeira did earn the victory, giving him an incredible 20-fight winning streak. After the press conference, he admitted he may have been a little hard on himself and that legendary Brazilian slugger Pedro Rizzo had advised him to recognize the magnitude of his win.

Either way, it appears a title shot is in his future. And if Teixeira’s prediction is correct, it will come against Jones, the man currently considered the world’s best pound-for-pound and light-heavyweight fighter, according to the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com MMA rankings.

Teixeira thinks he’s got a plan to unseat the champ.

“The knockout power, I believe I have it, and if I hit him, he’s going to go down,” Teixeira said.

For complete coverage of UFC Fight Night 28, stay tuned to the UFC Events section of the site.

Amanda Nunes Makes Easy Work of Ronda Rousey (UFC 207 Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

How did Amanda Nunes so easily defeat Ronda Rousey? Miesha Tate, Michael Bisping and Kenny Florian break down the big fight. read news >>

UFC: Don't Forget, Garbrandt vs. Dillashaw Is Fixing to Be Seriously Interesting

We all got kind of caught up there for a few minutes, didn’t we? UFC 207 was mostly on the radar for Ronda Rousey's return, and once she spent 48 seconds serving as Amanda Nunes' punching bag, it fel read news >>

Yair Rodriguez: 'It Was Kind of Surprising' to Get Matchup with Aging BJ Penn

This Saturday at UFC Fight Night 103, a young lion and an aging lion face off when 24-year-old phenom Yair Rodriguez faces 38-year-old former two-division champion BJ Penn. Although Penn (16-10-2) pr read news >>

Dana White Comments on Ronda Rousey, Amanda Nunes After UFC 207

UFC boss Dana White insisted Ronda Rousey has been left “devastated” after her brutal defeat against Amanda Nunes at UFC 207 in Las Vegas. Making her long-awaited return to the Octagon, Rousey was pu read news >>

UFC Fight Night 103's Yair Rodriguez: I'm a different kind of animal – I'm a champion

At just 24 years old, Yair Rodriguez is one of the top prospects in the UFC’s featherweight division. But as he prepares to take on UFC Hall of Famer B.J. Penn, Rodriguez believes his future is now.F read news >>

Titan FC 43's Caio Rocha expects to stay unbeaten, end up in UFC sooner or later

Caio Rocha has a couple goals. The first is due on Friday night when he meets Michel Quinones at Titan FC 43.Filed under: News read news >>

Watch Julianna Pena Finish Jessica Rakoczy with 1 Second Left (UFC Denver Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Watch Julianna Pena defeat Jessica Rakoczy to win The Ultimate Fighter Season 18. read news >>

Watch Joe Lauzon Make Quick Work of Diego Sanchez at UFC 200 (Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Watch Joe Lauzon defeat Diego Sanchez at UFC 200. Lauzon takes on Marcin Held in the co-main event at UFC Fight Night 103 in Phoenix. read news >>

Watch Valentina Shevchenko Defeat Sarah Kaufman (UFC Denver Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Before she takes on Juliana Pena at UFC on FOX 23 in Denver, check out Valentina Shevchenko's win over Sarah Kaufman. read news >>

UFC women's bantamweight champ Amanda Nunes to appear on Tuesday's "Live with Kelly"

Like a couple of the champions before her, UFC women’s bantamweight titleholder Amanda Nunes is headed to “Live with Kelly.” Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>