glover-teixeira-19.jpgBELO HORIZONTE, Brazil – Glover Teixeira is not the kind of man to call someone out. Humble, even a little quiet, the 33-year-old slugger prefers not to rock the boat. However, with a title shot on the horizon, Teixeira admits he’s got a specific target in mind.

With his UFC Fight Night 28 win over Ryan Bader (15-4 MMA, 8-4 UFC), Teixeira (22-2 MMA, 5-0 UFC) earned a shot at the winner of UFC 165's title fight between light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson, and the Brazilian contender admits he’s prefer to fight the reigning champ.

“My dream is to get the belt, but I believe Jon Jones will win,” Teixeira said after Wednesday’s event. “That’s the way I see it, and I definitely prefer to fight him, in a certain manner because Jon Jones has a better name. He’s been a champ for a long time, so whoever goes to face him has to be very focused, very well-trained.”

Teixeira and Bader met in the main event of Wednesday’s UFC Fight Night 28 event, which took place at Mineirinho Arena in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil. The card marked Teixeira’s first UFC headlining slot, as well as his first professional fight in his home state.

The win didn’t come easy, as Bader was able to rock him twice in the opening round but was unable to secure the finish. Instead, Teixeira picked himself up off the canvas and landed a thunderous two-punch combination that sent Bader crashing to the floor.

Teixeira quickly followed, earning a first-round TKO stoppage.

Afterward, Teixeira was visibly upset with his performance. He later explained he was simply disappointed to have allowed himself to be hit so cleanly.

“I was thinking a lot about the knockout, and I was waiting for that,” Teixeira said. “I was waiting for him to punch me so I could counter him, but I was very close to him. That’s where he got me. I remembered we always have to move, and we always have to be first. I have to do my strategy, which is always to move the head around and to go forward and to make those punches connect. I didn’t move around, and that’s where the problems started.

“I was a bit upset because despite Ryan Bader being a huge athlete and a great fighter, we always want to be the guy who goes in and dominates. I think the secret of the fight is for us to hit and not get hit, to punch and not get punched.”

Despite the early struggles, Teixeira did earn the victory, giving him an incredible 20-fight winning streak. After the press conference, he admitted he may have been a little hard on himself and that legendary Brazilian slugger Pedro Rizzo had advised him to recognize the magnitude of his win.

Either way, it appears a title shot is in his future. And if Teixeira’s prediction is correct, it will come against Jones, the man currently considered the world’s best pound-for-pound and light-heavyweight fighter, according to the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com MMA rankings.

Teixeira thinks he’s got a plan to unseat the champ.

“The knockout power, I believe I have it, and if I hit him, he’s going to go down,” Teixeira said.

For complete coverage of UFC Fight Night 28, stay tuned to the UFC Events section of the site.

Bellator 138 predictions: Scott Coker expects 'Kimbo vs. Shamrock" ratings bonanza

A confident Bellator President predicts that "Kimbo vs. Shamrock" will be even bigger than "Ortiz vs. Bonnar" for Spike TV on June 19th in St. Louis. In Nov. 2014, Bellator MMA scored the biggest MMA read news >>

Alistair Overeem believes he is the fighter to 'expose' Fabricio Werdum's 'weaknesses'

The mixed martial arts world witnessed Fabricio Werdum defeat Cain Velasquez on Saturday at UFC 188 in Mexico City to become the undisputed UFC heavyweight champion. That world naturally includes oth read news >>

Ovince Saint Preux vs. Glover Teixeira Headline UFC’s Return to Nashville

The Octagon will touch down in Tennessee for the fourth time on Aug. 8 with a battle of top-10 light heavyweights. read news >>

UFC 188: Eddie Alvarez overcomes eye injury to defeat rival Gilbert Melendez (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: A fight years in the making lived up to the hype despite Alvarez's grotesquely swollen left eye. read news >>

10 reasons to watch UFC 188, including the heavyweight division fallout

The UFC’s first trip to Mexico kind of summed up the promotion’s luck in 2014, which is to say it didn’t catch much of it. Now, the promotion is making up for missed opportunities with Saturday’s UFC read news >>

KNOCKOUT! Watch Cain Velasquez finish Fabricio Werdum at UFC 188 in latest EA Sports simulation

Cain Velasquez is going to defeat Fabricio Werdum by violent knockout. That's according to the latest EA Sports UFC video game simulation, which predicts a grim outcome for "Vai Cavalo" when he colli read news >>

Ben Rothwell tries to get Dana White's attention: 'UFC kind of doesn't give a s--- about me'

Ben Rothwell's evening at UFC Fight Night 68 could scarcely have gone better. The heavyweight contender turned heads with a Darth Vader-like walkout; dazzled in the Octagon with a quick submission of read news >>

The MMA Hour - 285 - Ovince Saint Preux

Ovince Saint Preux discusses about his Aug. 8 fight against Glover Teixeira and more. read news >>

Dan Henderson on getting off TRT: 'I just kind of quit cold turkey'

Dan Henderson says it's unfortunate how TRT was banned, but he's in favor of the UFC's new drug testing policies overall. 44-year-old Dan Henderson needs a win tonight in New Orleans. The veteran fig read news >>