glover-teixeira-19.jpgBELO HORIZONTE, Brazil – Glover Teixeira is not the kind of man to call someone out. Humble, even a little quiet, the 33-year-old slugger prefers not to rock the boat. However, with a title shot on the horizon, Teixeira admits he’s got a specific target in mind.

With his UFC Fight Night 28 win over Ryan Bader (15-4 MMA, 8-4 UFC), Teixeira (22-2 MMA, 5-0 UFC) earned a shot at the winner of UFC 165's title fight between light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson, and the Brazilian contender admits he’s prefer to fight the reigning champ.

“My dream is to get the belt, but I believe Jon Jones will win,” Teixeira said after Wednesday’s event. “That’s the way I see it, and I definitely prefer to fight him, in a certain manner because Jon Jones has a better name. He’s been a champ for a long time, so whoever goes to face him has to be very focused, very well-trained.”

Teixeira and Bader met in the main event of Wednesday’s UFC Fight Night 28 event, which took place at Mineirinho Arena in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil. The card marked Teixeira’s first UFC headlining slot, as well as his first professional fight in his home state.

The win didn’t come easy, as Bader was able to rock him twice in the opening round but was unable to secure the finish. Instead, Teixeira picked himself up off the canvas and landed a thunderous two-punch combination that sent Bader crashing to the floor.

Teixeira quickly followed, earning a first-round TKO stoppage.

Afterward, Teixeira was visibly upset with his performance. He later explained he was simply disappointed to have allowed himself to be hit so cleanly.

“I was thinking a lot about the knockout, and I was waiting for that,” Teixeira said. “I was waiting for him to punch me so I could counter him, but I was very close to him. That’s where he got me. I remembered we always have to move, and we always have to be first. I have to do my strategy, which is always to move the head around and to go forward and to make those punches connect. I didn’t move around, and that’s where the problems started.

“I was a bit upset because despite Ryan Bader being a huge athlete and a great fighter, we always want to be the guy who goes in and dominates. I think the secret of the fight is for us to hit and not get hit, to punch and not get punched.”

Despite the early struggles, Teixeira did earn the victory, giving him an incredible 20-fight winning streak. After the press conference, he admitted he may have been a little hard on himself and that legendary Brazilian slugger Pedro Rizzo had advised him to recognize the magnitude of his win.

Either way, it appears a title shot is in his future. And if Teixeira’s prediction is correct, it will come against Jones, the man currently considered the world’s best pound-for-pound and light-heavyweight fighter, according to the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com MMA rankings.

Teixeira thinks he’s got a plan to unseat the champ.

“The knockout power, I believe I have it, and if I hit him, he’s going to go down,” Teixeira said.

For complete coverage of UFC Fight Night 28, stay tuned to the UFC Events section of the site.

Video: Watch Glover Teixeira earn 'Knockout of the Night' against Ryan Bader

Glover Teixeira found himself in trouble against Ryan Bader at UFC Fight Night 28, but managed to turn things around quickly to score the TKO.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC on FOX 19’s Glover Teixeira would fight Anthony Johnson next, but focused on Evans

TAMPA, Fla. – UFC light heavyweight Glover Teixeira isn’t one to call out his next opponent, but he wouldn’t mind a fight with onetime title challenger Anthony Johnson.Filed under: Featured Videos, N read news >>

UFC on FOX 19 Weigh-in Results: Glover Teixeira vs. Rashad Evans Officially Set

Following several shake-ups in the days leading up to the event, UFC on FOX 19: Teixeira vs. Evans is finally official after the fighters weighed in on Friday. read news >>

Who ya got?!? Fellow fighters predict UFC's Glover Teixeira vs. Rashad Evans headliner

TAMPA, Fla. – Who wins UFC on FOX 19’s light heavyweight main event between Brazilian slugger Glover Teixeira and former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans? Their fellow fighters give their read news >>

UFC on FOX 19 Joe Rogan Video Preview: Glover Teixeira vs. Rashad Evans

UFC commentator Joe Rogan breaks down the UFC on FOX 19 main event between Glover Teixeira and Rashad Evans. read news >>

Glover Teixeira accepted UFC on FOX 19 slot even before he knew opponent

Glover Teixeira was anxious for a fight – so anxious that he accepted a prime spot on tonight’s UFC on FOX 19 card even before he knew who his opponent would be.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Twitter reacts to Glover Teixeira's knockout of Rashad Evans at UFC on FOX 19

Glover Teixeira once again put his massive power on display when he quickly dispatched of former UFC champ Rashad Evans in UFC on FOX 19’s main event tonight at Amalie Arena in Tampa, Fla.Filed under read news >>

UFC on FOX 19 Results: Glover Teixeira Quick KOs Rashad Evans; Calls Out Rumble Johnson

Glover Teixeira made quick work of former light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans on Saturday night, then wasted no time calling out Anthony Johnson. read news >>

UFC on FOX 19 results: Glover Teixeira blasts Rashad Evans for first-round knockout

TAMPA, Fla. – Onetime title challenger Glover Teixeira stayed in the hunt for another shot at the belt with an authoritative knockout of ex-champ Rashad Evans.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

HOT TWEETS: Fighters React to Glover Teixeira Knocking Out Rashad Evans

Following Glover Teixeira's first-round knockout of former champion Rashad Evans at UFC on FOX 19, fighters took to Twitter with their reactions. read news >>