Because my training partners are better than yours.

As Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones gear up to begin their training camps for their upcoming light heavyweight title fight at UFC 178 on Sept., 27, 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada, both men will rely on the world-class fighters they have the privilege of training with on a daily basis at their respective camps.

When talking about mixed martial arts (MMA) camps, perhaps there are none more celebrated than Jones' Jackson-Winkeljohn MMA gym down in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and Cormier's American Kickboxing Academy (AKA) squad over in San Jose, California.

But that doesn't mean "DC" won't enlist the help of outside sources to prepare him for his first-ever UFC championship title fight.

During his conversation on The MMA Hour (via MMA Fighting), the former heavyweight spilled the beans and revealed that he would look to venture outside of AKA and bring out the big guns bazookas, as he hopes to spend some time with Team Black House members Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida.

His words:

"I've got some friends and they put me in contact with some of the guys down in southern California, with Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida. I may down go there for a week. That's a possibility. We haven't worked out all the details, but that is a possibility and we'll see what happens."

In addition to "The Spider" and "The Dragon," Cormier will bring in Phil Davis and Cyrille Diabate for some mat time; perhaps to help him prepare for the champ's height and reach difference -- which "DC" is adamant won't really be a factor come fight night.

Despite the extra all-star caliber help, Cormier will mainly be relying on his AKA teammates for training, namely UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez and top middleweight contender, Luke Rockhold.

And while Jones may have perhaps the most stacked gym in the world at his disposal, Cormier is confident "Bones" can't find two training partners down in the 505 that are better than Cain and Luke.

"I tell Jon Jones, show me two guys who can beat my two main training partners, Cain Velasquez and Luke Rockhold. You show me your two who are going to prepare you better than my two. So I'm going to rely on my guys, man. I'm going to rely on Cain, I'm going to rely on Luke to help me become the UFC champion. I'm going to reach out a little bit, but I'm not going to stray very far from my comfort zone."

Jones would likely beg to differ, as his stablemates includes the likes of Alistair Overeem, Travis Brown, Carlos Condit, Frank Mir, Donald Cerrone. and Andrie Arlovski, just to name a few.

Jackson's vs. AKA battle royal, anyone?

Nevertheless, while training partners can assist you prior to the fight, none of that will matter when the cage door slams shut in "Sin City," as it will be solely up "DC" and "Bones" to carry out their game plans to a "T" if they want to walk out of the Octagon with the 205-pound strap.

Regardless of whose training partners are better, you can't argue that both Cormier and Jones are spoiled, as far as the level of training they are privy too, day in and day out.

Daniel Cormier can't escape Jon Jones talk ahead of first title defense (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Alexander Gustafsson awaits Cormier on Saturday but a potential showdown with Jones looms large over the division. read news >>

Daniel Cormier mocks Alexander Gustafsson, wants Jon Jones back

The UFC light-heavyweight champion wants to "stop playing around" with other fighters and face his biggest foe again. UFC light-heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier and his predecessor Jon Jones are a read news >>

Daniel Cormier: I need to fight Jon Jones instead of playing around with these other light heavyweights

Reigning 205-pound champion Daniel Cormier wants Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) to stop wasting his time with these other light heavyweights and give him the one fight he needs for his mixed ma read news >>

Daniel Cormier: I need Jon Jones back, so I can 'stop playing around with these guys'

LAS VEGAS -- Daniel Cormier said after winning the UFC light heavyweight title over Anthony Johnson four months ago that he would be fine if Jon Jones never came back and tried to regain the belt. Co read news >>

Alexander Gustafsson Fires Back at Daniel Cormier Over Jon Jones Comment

UFC champ Daniel Cormier is tired of hearing about how Alexander Gustafsson almost beat Jon Jones. Well, so is Alexander Gustafsson. read news >>

Daniel Cormier Needs Jon Jones to Make Career Complete (Video)

UFC champion Daniel Cormier has accomplished much in his career, but needs banished former champion Jon Jones to return to make his career complete. read news >>

Alexander Gustafsson's preferred fight – Daniel Cormier title bout, or Jon Jones rematch?

STOCKHOLM – Two-time UFC light-heavyweight title challenger Alexander Gustafsson isn’t going anywhere, but he has a good idea about whom he’d fight if forced to hang up his gloves. Filed under: Featu read news >>

Gustafsson would prefer to fight Jon Jones over Daniel Cormier

If Gustafsson could choose between Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones, the Swede would prefer to avenge his loss to the former light-heavyweight champion. It's been an emotional past few months for UFC lig read news >>

Daniel Cormier Longs for a Rematch with ‘The Greatest Fighter of All Time,’ Jon Jones

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier believes that he needs to rematch and defeat former titleholder Jon Jones to solidify his mixed martial arts career. read news >>