Because my training partners are better than yours.

As Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones gear up to begin their training camps for their upcoming light heavyweight title fight at UFC 178 on Sept., 27, 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada, both men will rely on the world-class fighters they have the privilege of training with on a daily basis at their respective camps.

When talking about mixed martial arts (MMA) camps, perhaps there are none more celebrated than Jones' Jackson-Winkeljohn MMA gym down in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and Cormier's American Kickboxing Academy (AKA) squad over in San Jose, California.

But that doesn't mean "DC" won't enlist the help of outside sources to prepare him for his first-ever UFC championship title fight.

During his conversation on The MMA Hour (via MMA Fighting), the former heavyweight spilled the beans and revealed that he would look to venture outside of AKA and bring out the big guns bazookas, as he hopes to spend some time with Team Black House members Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida.

His words:

"I've got some friends and they put me in contact with some of the guys down in southern California, with Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida. I may down go there for a week. That's a possibility. We haven't worked out all the details, but that is a possibility and we'll see what happens."

In addition to "The Spider" and "The Dragon," Cormier will bring in Phil Davis and Cyrille Diabate for some mat time; perhaps to help him prepare for the champ's height and reach difference -- which "DC" is adamant won't really be a factor come fight night.

Despite the extra all-star caliber help, Cormier will mainly be relying on his AKA teammates for training, namely UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez and top middleweight contender, Luke Rockhold.

And while Jones may have perhaps the most stacked gym in the world at his disposal, Cormier is confident "Bones" can't find two training partners down in the 505 that are better than Cain and Luke.

"I tell Jon Jones, show me two guys who can beat my two main training partners, Cain Velasquez and Luke Rockhold. You show me your two who are going to prepare you better than my two. So I'm going to rely on my guys, man. I'm going to rely on Cain, I'm going to rely on Luke to help me become the UFC champion. I'm going to reach out a little bit, but I'm not going to stray very far from my comfort zone."

Jones would likely beg to differ, as his stablemates includes the likes of Alistair Overeem, Travis Brown, Carlos Condit, Frank Mir, Donald Cerrone. and Andrie Arlovski, just to name a few.

Jackson's vs. AKA battle royal, anyone?

Nevertheless, while training partners can assist you prior to the fight, none of that will matter when the cage door slams shut in "Sin City," as it will be solely up "DC" and "Bones" to carry out their game plans to a "T" if they want to walk out of the Octagon with the 205-pound strap.

Regardless of whose training partners are better, you can't argue that both Cormier and Jones are spoiled, as far as the level of training they are privy too, day in and day out.

Anderson Silva Suspended: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction

After failing drug tests ahead of his clash with Nick Diaz at UFC 183, Anderson Silva has been suspended from competition. Silva will be forced to sit out for one year and is fined the full $200,000 read news >>

Sorry Daniel Cormier, but Jon Jones coming back 'a lot sooner than you think' and 'will be champion again'

Daniel Cormier is the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight champion and will be defending his 205-pound strap against Alexander Gustafsson in the UFC 192 pay-per-view (PPV) main eve read news >>

Champ Daniel Cormier doesn't see Glover Teixeira as threat: 'What's he going to do?'

Glover Teixeira believes his UFC Fight Night 73 victory over Ovince Saint Preux entered his name in the UFC light heavyweight title contender discussion. Champion Daniel Cormier isn’t buying it.Filed read news >>

Knuckle Up #353: UFC FN, OSP v. Teixeira, Jon Jones on The Long Slide + why this show is what it is

Literary gunslinger Eugene S. Robinson lends his "one"-of-a-"kind" "perspective" to a KNUCKLE UP only for KNUCKLE UP OBSESSIVES, filmed in a border town from some unknown locale on a completely sketc read news >>

Daniel Cormier shoots down Glover Teixeira's title fight talk following UFC Fight Night 73 win

Following his submission win over Ovince Saint Preux at last night's (Aug., 8, 2015) UFC Fight Night 73 event in Nashville, Tennessee (highlights), Glover Teixeira wasted no time in putting Ultimate read news >>

UFC Fight Night 73 results: Glover Teixeira submits Ovince Saint Preux, calls out Daniel Cormier

Glover Teixeira reminded everyone why he earned that title shot last year. The Brazilian slugger put on a resurgent performance by submitting Ovince Saint Preux with a rear-naked choke in the third r read news >>

UFC Fight Night 73 results: Glover Teixeira puts Ovince Saint Preux to sleep, calls out Daniel Cormier

Glover Teixeira spoiled the Tennessee homecoming for Ovince Saint Preux at UFC Fight Night 73 earlier tonight (Sat., Aug. 8, 2015). The No. 4-ranked UFC Light Heavyweight locked a rear-naked choke th read news >>

Glover Teixeira respects Ovince St. Preux's power, but questions his technique ahead of UFC main event

Glover Teixeira had his 20-fight winning streak snapped by Jon Jones and Phil Davis in 2014, but sees a five-round clash with Ovince Saint Preux as the perfect opportunity to show he’s a different fi read news >>

Morning Report: Daniel Cormier lays out game plan to beat Ronda Rousey, "Piss her off"

After watching Ronda Rousey dismantle Bethe Correia at UFC 190, not many analysts are offering up ideas on how to solve the UFC women's bantamweight champion. Well, UFC light heavyweight champion Dan read news >>

Latest CM Punk update: Watch video of UFC rookie sparring, grappling ahead of (eventual) Octagon debut

"I definitely don't want to wait too long. I understand all the criticism. Here I am with you interviewing me, they're making me do media, all this stuff. Eventually you're sick of talking about it a read news >>