UFC 168 Live Results Home Page

03-Barnett1

Travis Browne vs. Josh Barnett

Round 1: Browne takes the center of the cage.  He lands a left hook.  Barnett moves forward.  He ties up Browne.  Browne lands a knee to the body and separates.  Browne lands a right hand.  Barnett clinches.  He changes levels fro a takedown and Browne lands a knee.  Barnett works for a single leg and Browne unleashes a series of elbows that knocks Barnett out.

The official time of the knockout was 1:00 of the opening round.

Travis Browne:
“We knew he was going to come in there and immediately try to grab me. He saw me as a one dimensional guy, as a striker only. I finished him in the clinch and he couldn’t take me down. I’m a full mixed martial artist and I’m working my way up this heavyweight ladder. It’s all about progressing in this sport and I think I’m doing that very well with my last two wins. This is the path I was chosen for and I couldn’t be more excited for what is coming in the future. The bottom line is that the champion is out for a while. Fabricio Werdum had a title shot but things change in this sport so I think we should fight for the number one contendership while Cain is out. I would be honored to fight Werdum because he’s a great fighter and also a great guy. I think it makes sense and I’m looking forward to it.”

SCORECARD

Barnett-vs.-Browne-Scorecard-UFC-168

UFC 168 Live Results Home Page

UFC 200 Primer: Cain Velasquez vs. Travis Browne Head-to-Toe Breakdown

When the loaded UFC 200 pay-per-view gets underway it will be two of the best heavyweights in the world kicking off the show. No. 3-ranked* Cain Velasquez (13-2), according Bleacher Report's June MMA read news >>

UFC 200 Primer: Cain Velasquez vs. Travis Browne Head-to-Toe Breakdown

When the loaded UFC 200 pay-per-view gets underway, it will be two of the best heavyweights in the world kicking off the show. No. 3-ranked Cain Velasquez (13-2), according to Bleacher Report's June  read news >>

Cain Velasquez in a Do-or-Die Fight at UFC 200 Opposite Travis Browne

Cain Velasquez seemed completely unstoppable not all that long ago. His wrestling was too good. His hands were too heavy. His gas tank was too deep. He could outwrestle strikers, outstrike wrestlers read news >>

Cain Velasquez in a Do-or-Die Fight at UFC 200 Opposite Travis Browne

UFC Fight Night 90: Live Results, Play-by-Play and Fight Card Highlights

In the midst of the craziness that is International Fight Week and UFC 200, the UFC will bring a lightweight title scrap to everyone on Thursday evening. UFC Fight Night 90 is headlined by 155-pound read news >>

UFC TUF 23 Finale: Live Results, Play-by-Play and Fight Card Highlights

The Ultimate Fighter 23 Finale is currently underway. The event features a strawweight title fight between champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk and challenger Claudia Gadelha. The bout marks a rematch of a 20 read news >>

UFC 200: Live Results, Play-by-Play and Fight Card Highlights

UFC 200 arrives Saturday night. The landmark event is loaded with high-profile contests from beginning to end and will be capped off by a women's bantamweight title match between Miesha Tate and Aman read news >>

UFC 200 Results: Cain Velasquez is Back; Takes Out Travis Browne in First Round

Former UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez wasted little time re-establishing his position in the division, taking out Travis Browne at UFC 200. read news >>

Cain Velasquez vs. Travis Browne Results: Winner, Knockout Reaction from UFC 200

After more than a year away from the Octagon, Cain Velasquez is back in the heavyweight conversation with a first-round TKO win over Travis Browne on the main card at UFC 200 on Saturday. Bleacher Re read news >>

UFC 200 Video Highlights: Cain Velasquez Rolls Over Travis Browne

Former heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez returned to the Octagon on Saturday on the UFC 200 main card against contender Travis Browne. read news >>