UFC 168 Live Results Home Page

03-Barnett1

Travis Browne vs. Josh Barnett

Round 1: Browne takes the center of the cage.  He lands a left hook.  Barnett moves forward.  He ties up Browne.  Browne lands a knee to the body and separates.  Browne lands a right hand.  Barnett clinches.  He changes levels fro a takedown and Browne lands a knee.  Barnett works for a single leg and Browne unleashes a series of elbows that knocks Barnett out.

The official time of the knockout was 1:00 of the opening round.

Travis Browne:
“We knew he was going to come in there and immediately try to grab me. He saw me as a one dimensional guy, as a striker only. I finished him in the clinch and he couldn’t take me down. I’m a full mixed martial artist and I’m working my way up this heavyweight ladder. It’s all about progressing in this sport and I think I’m doing that very well with my last two wins. This is the path I was chosen for and I couldn’t be more excited for what is coming in the future. The bottom line is that the champion is out for a while. Fabricio Werdum had a title shot but things change in this sport so I think we should fight for the number one contendership while Cain is out. I would be honored to fight Werdum because he’s a great fighter and also a great guy. I think it makes sense and I’m looking forward to it.”

SCORECARD

Barnett-vs.-Browne-Scorecard-UFC-168

UFC 168 Live Results Home Page

From Around the Web

UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. Thatch live results, play-by-play, and analysis

Check out Bloody Elbow's extensive coverage of UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. Thatch from Broomfield, Colorado on Saturday, February 14th. The main event features Ben Henderson moving up to welterwei read news >>

UFC Fight Night: Bigfoot vs. Mir live results, play-by-play, and analysis

Check out Bloody Elbow's extensive coverage of UFC Fight Night: Bigfoot vs. Mir event in Porto Alegre, Brazil on Sunday, February 22nd. The main event pits former heavyweight champion Frank Mir again read news >>

UFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano live results, play-by-play, and analysis

Check out Bloody Elbow 's coverage of UFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano on Saturday, February 28th in Los Angeles, CA. The main event is a women's bantamweight title fight between Ronda Rousey and Cat Zing read news >>

UFC 184 Rousey vs. Zingano: Live Results, Play-by-Play and Fight Card Highlights

The Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, will play host to UFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano this Saturday, February 28. Headlined by the women's bantamweight championship tilt between incumbent cham read news >>

UFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano live results, play by play and discussion

Live results and detailed play-by-play for tonight's UFC 184 pay-per-view, which is headlined by women's bantamweight champion "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey defending the title against undefeated Cat Zingano. read news >>

‘Good vs. Terrill’ Play-by-Play: CFFC 45 Results %26 Updates

Sherdog.com is pleased to offer live CFFC 45 play-by-play and results at 6 p.m. ET. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 60: Henderson vs. Thatch live results, play by play, discussion

Complete, live coverage of tonight's UFC fight card from Broomfield, Colorado, featuring Benson Henderson's welterweight debut vs. Brandon Thatch. Join us tonight on Bloody Elbow for live results, pl read news >>

UFC Fight Night 61: Mir vs. Bigfoot live results, play by play, discussion

Live and in-depth coverage of tonight's UFC event from Brazil starring heavyweights Frank Mir and Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva. Join us tonight on Bloody Elbow for live results, detailed play-by-play and read news >>

Bigfoot Silva vs. Travis Browne full fight video

Watch Bigfoot Silva vs. Travis Browne full fight video for Silva's first-round TKO of Browne UFC on FX 5 on Oct. 5, 2012. read news >>