UFC 168 Live Results Home Page

07-Tibau

Gleison Tibau vs. Michael Johnson

Round 1: Johnson works to establish his jab.  He circles.  Tibau lands a counter left hand.  Johnson circles away.  Johnson switches stances.  He moves in and out.  Tibau waiting to counter.  Tibau closes the distance and presses Johnson against the cage.  He lands knees to the legs of Johnson before separating.  Tibau is checking Johnson’s leg kicks.  Johnson lands to the body with a right hand followed by an inside leg kick.  Tibau lands a counter right hand that got Johnson’s attention.  Tibau is now moving forward.  Johnson lands a left hand.  He’s using his quickness to move in and out.  He steps in with a jab.  Tibau closes the distance and ties Johnson up along the fence.  The round ends.  Close round.  MMAWeekly scores the round 10-9 for Tibau.

Round 2: Johnson circles.  Tibau takes the center of the cage.  Johnson steps in with a right hand.  Johnson lands his jab and slides just out of range of the counter.  Johnson lands to the body.  Johnson steps in with a right hand to the temple that drops Tibau.  He lands a follow up hammer fist and Tibau is out.  He caught Tibau on his way in.

The official time of the knockout was 1:32 of the second round.

QUOTES:

Michael Johnson:

“That fight against Gleison was a great one for me. I didn’t expect to finish him because he’s so tough but I was looking for the KO every second I was in that Octagon. It was important to my camp and my management team to get the victory because Gleison is a member of our rival gym ATT in Florida. The physical ability is automatic in this sport because everyone in the UFC is very gifted but the mental game is where I feel I have an edge.”

Gleison Tibau:

“I wasn’t able to use my leg kicks and takedowns the way we had planned to out there. I couldn’t really find my range or get my head movement going. I didn’t see the punch and wasn’t able to recover quick enough. I’ll get back in the gym and fix some mistakes.”

Johnson vs. Tibau ScorecardUFC 168 Live Results Home Page

Go ahead, Michael Johnson says: Overlook him one more time at UFC 205 vs. Nurmagomedov

NEW YORK – This whole getting overlooked thing is becoming old hat for Michael Johnson. But if you’re sleeping on him Saturday night at UFC 205, he’s got other plans for you.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Knockout Radio LIVE: Liz Carmouche, Michael Johnson, Tim Boetsch, and Marcus Davis | MMAWeekly.com

Tune in Wednesday, Nov. 9, at 6 pm ET, for Knockout Radio LIVE! with special guests Liz Carmouche, Michael Johnson, Tim Boetsch, and Marcus Davis. read news >>

UFC 205's Khabib Nurmagomedov: After I beat Michael Johnson, I deserve a title shot

NEW YORK – When undefeated UFC lightweight Khabib Nurmagomedov told his promoter he wanted to fight at UFC 205, the answer was, sure, no problem. Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

One to Watch: Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Michael Johnson | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Brandon Magnus/Zuffa LLC ?It's finally here. Saturday night sees the UFC hold its first ever event in New York City, at Madison Square Garden no less, and is celebrating in the most appropri read news >>

UFC 205 play-by-play and live results (7 p.m. ET)

NEW YORK – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from today’s UFC 205 event, and you can join us for live play-by-play and official results beginning at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT).Filed under: News, UF read news >>

UFC 205: Live Results, Play-by-Play and Fight Card Highlights

Kick the tires and light the fires, Big Daddy. The day has finally arrived. UFC 205 is here! Fight week robbed us all of two spectacular fights, but the three marquee title tilts are all intact. Cono read news >>

UFC 205 results: Khabib Nurmagomedov taps out Michael Johnson, calls for title shot

NEW YORK – For a brief moment, it looked as though Michael Johnson had found a weakness to exploit in the undefeated Khabib Nurmagomedov, stinging him with a high-pace striking attack.Filed under: Ne read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov Decimates Michael Johnson (UFC 205 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Second-ranked lightweight Khabib Nurmagomedov extended his unbeaten streak to 24 fights on Saturday when he decimated sixth-ranked Michael Johnson at UFC 205. read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov Subs Michael Johnson (UFC 205 Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out Khabib Nurmagomedov's submission finish of Michael Johnson in this UFC 205 Fight Highlights video. read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Michael Johnson Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 205

Khabib Nurmagomedov had everything on the line at Saturday's UFC 205. Dominance and bad luck have defined the Russian grappler's career. Catastrophic injuries have consistently weighed down big wins, read news >>