UFC 167 this past week officially drew an attendance of 14,856 for a live gate of $5,759,350.
Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer on Friday released the figures to MMAjunkie.
Officials initially announced an estimated attendance of 14,856 for a live gate of $5.7 million.
The live gate figure puts the event in second place for the UFC all-time at MGM Grand Garden Arena, trailing UFC 148, which did in excess of $6.9 million.
UFC 167 took place at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, and the main card aired on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and MMAjunkie. In the headliner, Georges St-Pierre defended his welterweight title with a split-decision win over Johny Hendricks.
The result proved controversial, with St-Pierre getting a pair of 48-47 scores and Hendricks getting a 48-47 of his own. All major media outlets scoring the fight had it for Hendricks, as did UFC President Dana White. A rematch is planned for sometime in 2014.
The two are scheduled to return to MGM Grand Garden Arena in December to headline UFC 168 in a rematch.
For UFC 167, 13,621 tickets were sold, while 1,235 “comp” tickets were issued. A total of 57 tickets went unsold. The average paid ticket price was $422.83, which is down slightly from July’s UFC 162 event, which had an average paid ticket price of $475.18. Both numbers, though, are sharp increases from May’s UFC 160 event at MGM Grand Garden Arena, which had an average paid ticket of $216.97.
The MGM Grand Garden Arena’s all-time top UFC gates as compiled by MMAjunkie.com include:
- UFC 148 (Silva vs. Sonnen II): $6,901,655 gate (15,104 attendance)
- UFC 167 (St-Pierre vs. Hendricks): $5,759,350 gate (14,856)
- UFC 66 (Liddell vs. Ortiz II): $5,397,300 (13,761)
- UFC 162 (Silva vs. Weidman): $4,826,450 (14,272)
- UFC 91 (Couture vs. Lesnar): $4,815,675 (14,272)
- UFC 71 (Liddell vs. Jackson): $4,304,000 (14,728)
- UFC 94 (St. Pierre vs. Penn II): $4,290,000 (14,885)
- UFC 116 (Lesnar vs. Carwin): $4,053,990 (12,740)
For more on UFC 167, stay tuned to the UFC Events section of the site.
(Pictured: Brittney Palmer at UFC 167)