anderson-silva-45.jpgOne day after telling a group of reporters that he didn’t think he could beat Jon Jones (18-1 MMA, 11-1 UFC), UFC middleweight champ Anderson Silva (33-4 MMA, 16-0 UFC) is apparently doing a bit of an about face.

With a looming potential superfight on the horizon with UFC light heavyweight champ Jones, Silva wanted to make it perfectly clear that he’s not intimated by the bigger man.

“My opinion is this: I’ll fight Jon Jones, all the guys from my class, all the guys that work in the UFC – all the fighters,” Silva said on Tuesday’s new edition of “UFC Tonight.” “I respect all the fighters. I respect Jon Jones. I respect Chris Weidman, but I’m here for working.

“I’m not scared of Jon Jones, of Chris Weidman or whoever. I’m here to fight. That’s it. It’s simple.”

Silva, of course, is booked in the main event of Saturday night’s UFC 162 event at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena, where he takes on undefeated challenger Weidman (9-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC). As you would expect of a fighter who is 16-0 in the octagon, Silva is the betting favorite in the matchup.

However, Weidman’s skillset has made him a fashionable underdog pick, even among UFC veterans, including “UFC Tonight” hosts Chael Sonnen and Kenny Florian.

Silva said that’s just fine with him.

“It’s a great fight on Saturday night because Weidman has good jiu-jitsu, good wrestling, good standup,” Silva said. It’s a great fight.”

For Weidman, UFC 162 represents what is unquestionably the biggest fight of his career. But there may be much on the line for Silva, as well, as UFC President Dana White has suggested a win will put “The Spider” in a superfight with either Jones or UFC welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre (24-2 MMA, 18-2 UFC).

Silva remained coy when asked what victory could bring.

“I don’t know,” Silva said. “I have my plans in my class.

“I don’t have a big goal to change my class. I have my belt in my class. I have my story in my class. That’s it.”

It’s just the latest smoke screen from Silva, who never seems to answer things with a response that doesn’t take a little bit of deciphering. If you believe White, it’s all part of the middleweight champ’s master plan to confuse the media, quite possibly just for his own entertainment.

Whatever the reason, Silva isn’t tipping his hand just yet.

“I respect all the fighters,” Silva said. “I respect Georges St-Pierre because Georges has a great story in the UFC. I respect all the fighters in here because this is the biggest sport in the world.

“This is the UFC. UFC has the best fighters in the world. That’s it.”

For the latest on UFC 162, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

(Pictured: Anderson Silva)

Postponed! Anderson Silva's NSAC hearing for UFC 183 drug test delayed again

What's the hold up? It is going to take a bit longer for Anderson Silva fans to hear the former champion's defense for taking performance enhancing drugs (PED) prior to UFC 183 on Jan. 31, 2015, as h read news >>

Anderson Silva's NAC hearing deadline changed to June 5

MMA fans will have to wait longer to find out what fate has in store for Anderson Silva, as the Nevada Athletic Commission hearing concerning his performance enhancing drugs accusation has been delay read news >>

Radius Strike Series: Striking Coach Daniel Woirin

From Anderson Silva to Dan Henderson, Daniel Woirin has been a part of some of the biggest fights in UFC history. read news >>

Nick Diaz wants a rematch with Anderson Silva outside the UFC's 'dog cage'

UFC 183 was a disappointment for Nick Diaz on a number of levels. Now, he would like another crack at Anderson Silva – under PRIDE rules.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Nick Diaz wants to rematch Anderson Silva in a ring ... not UFC's 'dog cage'

Woof, woof. Nick Diaz still believes he won his fight against Anderson Silva at UFC 183 earlier this year. Even though the Octagon-side judges all came to the conclusion that "The Spider" did enough read news >>

UFC 187 Free Fight: Chris Weidman Topples the Mighty Anderson Silva

Current UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman burst onto the scene by upsetting Anderson Silva, the man most considered the best ever. read news >>

Mike Tyson regrets 'small scared little man' comments about Floyd Mayweather

The legendary boxer says he did not "want to disrespect Mayweather" or distract from the "great economic surge" that Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is generating for Las Vegas. Mike Tyson got a considerable read news >>

Mike Tyson: 'Delusional' Floyd Mayweather is a scared little man (Video)

Muhammad Ali recently sent out this tweet reminding Floyd Mayweather Jr. who "the greatest" boxer of all time truly is, after "Money" adamantly told ESPN's Stephen A. Smith (video here) that no one w read news >>

Olympics 2016: Anderson Silva's Taekwondo dreams could vanish if NSAC issues lengthy suspension

This interesting situation just got a bit more interesting ... Anderson Silva is temporarily suspended from mixed martial arts (MMA) after failing multiple drug tests for steroids in the wake of his read news >>