shawn-jordan-5.jpgShawn Jordan recently fought and defeated a friend, so if the UFC asks wants him to do it again – this time against fellow UFC 161 winner Stipe Miocic – he said he’s game.

Jordan (15-4 MMA, 3-1 UFC), who knocked out buddy and fellow heavyweight Pat Barry (8-6 MMA, 5-6 UFC) at the June 15 event, said he was able to set aside the friendship for one night. It resulted in a $50,000 “Knockout of the Night” award after just 59 seconds of work.

Later on the pay-per-view main card at Winnipeg’s MTS Centre, Miocic (10-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC) upset Roy Nelson (19-8 MMA, 6-4 UFC) in the co-headliner. That led to some calls for a Jordan vs. Miocic fight, which would feature two of the division’s more promising prospects.

Currently, Miocic is No. 13 and Jordan is an honorable mention in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com MMA heavyweight rankings.

“We don’t really ever get to say who we’ll fight … but yeah, I like Stipe,” Jordan told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). “He’s awesome, and we were hanging out at all week. … If they asked me to fight him, hey, I just fought a guy who’s been my buddy for a few years. Absolutely, if they ask me to fight him. I’m sure we both feel the same way.”

Jordan, though, said he’s not necessarily counting on that specific bout, and as usual, he’ll be back in the gym quickly to prepare for any other possible late-notice fights. With a 4-1 run in Strikeforce and the UFC, he knows the organization could call with another big bout.

“I’m pretty healthy still,” he said. “I’m as healthy as I was going into the fight. Yeah, your hands are a little sore because you’re wearing little gloves and throwing hard. But I’m ready. I’ll probably take a couple days off and then get back to the gym.”

“The UFC knows that (I’m ready whenever they call). I’ve never said no to a fight. Even the Cheick Kongo fight, it was probably the worst fight of my career, and I took that one on like three weeks’ notice and eight weeks after shoulder surgery. I wasn’t exactly training. But they know I won’t say no.”

The Kongo loss, which came via decision, remains the former LSU football player’s only loss in the past two years.

Jordan, who said he prepared for Barry’s well-known power by training with Pedro Rizzo at American Top Team, also owns recent victories over Mike Russow and Oli Thompson. Barry was a step up in competition, and with his dominant win, he expects another step up the ladder in his next fight.

“We do this sport to be the best, and at some point I’d like to fight … whoever is No. 1,” he said. “But I want to keep working my way up and fight the best heavyweights I can.”

For complete coverage of UFC 161, stay tuned to the UFC Events section of the site.

MMAjunkie.com Radio broadcasts Monday-Friday at noon ET (9 a.m. PT) live from Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino’s Race & Sports Book. The show is hosted by “Gorgeous” George Garcia, MMAjunkie.com lead staff reporter John Morgan and producer Brian “Goze” Garcia. For more information or to download past episodes, go to www.mmajunkie.com/radio.

Joanna Jedrzejczyk: 'I could maybe visit Ronda Rousey’s gym and we could train together'

The first time that Joanna Jedrzejczyk fought Claudia Gadelha, the fight was so close that many bemoaned the fact that Jedrzejczyk was the one who got her arm raised in the end. That was in December, read news >>

Building the Ultimate UFC 194 Fight Card

Damon Martin of Fox Sports recently reported that the UFC is targeting Dec. 5 as a potential date for Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor and Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate III. The amount of bad blood and ch read news >>

Roger Huerta vs Koji Ando announced as ONE finalizes full fight card for 'Dynasty Of Champions'

ONE Championship recently announced the full line up for ONE: "Dynasty of Champions" in Beijing on Sept. 1, 2015. The organization's second event in China this year is set for the Mercedez-Benz Arena read news >>

Jake Shields outraged at Rousimar Palhares: ‘What he did was absolutely blatant cheating'

LAS VEGAS -- Jake Shields knew what he was getting into when he signed up to fight Rousimar Palhares at World Series of Fighting 22, but what transpired Saturday night was even beyond what he could'v read news >>

Dana White: Correia 'absolutely' knew Rousey's father committed suicide

Dana White says Bethe Correia 'absolutely' knew about Ronda Rousey's father committing suicide before she made the suicide insult. Earlier in May, bantamweight title challenger Bethe Correia may have read news >>

Dana White: Bethe Correia 'absolutely' knew Ronda Rousey's father committed suicide before comments

Ronda Rousey is partly fueled at UFC 190 by comments Bethe Correia made about Rousey possibly killing herself if she loses. Rousey's father committed suicide when she was a child. Correia has apologi read news >>

Gadelha glad to be on main card: 'I fought in the prelims twice and thought it was ridiculous'

Claudia Gadelha will finally fight on a UFC main card and, according to her, it was about time. She also doesn't believe Jessica Aguilar has anything in her game that could pose a threat. Ranked the read news >>

Jose Aldo back to training, would beat Conor McGregor if they fought today

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Jose Aldo pulled out of UFC 189 headliner with a rib injury, and he’s finally back to training. The UFC featherweight champion, who broke his rib a couple weeks before his bout with read news >>

Not-stupid Andrei Arlovski calls out Fedor Emelianenko, asks UFC for the chance to 'f--k him up'

"The Pit Bull" wants a second chance to sink his fangs into mixed martial arts (MMA) legend Fedor Emelianenko. But will it happen? When former mixed martial arts (MMA) and PRIDE legend Fedor Emeliane read news >>

Anderson will be in attendance for UFC 190 says Big Nog

A very close friend of Anderson Silva, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira is happy Anderson will be in Rio de Janeiro to support him and the other fighters at UFC 190. While he waits for his meeting with the N read news >>