A light-heavyweight bout between Ryan Jimmo (17-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) and Igor Pokrajac (25-9 MMA, 4-4 UFC) is the latest addition to this summer’s UFC 161 lineup.
UFC officials today announced the bout, citing an original report from The Canadian Press‘ Neil Davidson.
UFC 161 takes place June 15 at MTS Centre in Winnipeg and is the promotion’s first visit to the Canadian province of Manitoba. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.
Jimmo vs. Pokrajac likely will be part of the prelims.
Jimmo looks to rebound from his first loss in six years after he suffered a decision defeat to James Te Huna at UFC on FUEL TV 7. Prior to the February bout, the former MFC champion and Canadian fight circuit vet had won 17 consecutive fights, which included a quick stoppage of Anthony Perosh in his UFC debut. The seven-second knockout is tied as the fastest in the promotion’s history.
Pokrajac, meanwhile, had posted three consecutive wins (with knockouts of Todd Brown and Krzysztof Soszynski) before his recent two-fight winless streak. The Croatian suffered a submission loss to Vinny Magalhaes in September and then a decision defeat to Joey Beltran in December. However, the Beltran loss was overturned and ruled a no-contest after the fighter failed a post-fight drug test due to an anabolic steroid.
The latest UFC 161 card now includes:
- Champ Renan Barao vs. Eddie Wineland – for interim bantamweight title
- Rashad Evans vs. Dan Henderson
- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Mauricio Rua
- Jake Shields vs. Tyron Woodley
- Sean Pierson vs. Anthony Waldburger
- Patrick Barry vs. Shawn Jordan
- Sam Stout vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg
- Ryan Jimmo vs. Igor Pokrajac
- Stipe Miocic vs. Soa Palelei
- Mitch Clarke vs. John Maguire
For the latest on UFC 161, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.
(Pictured: Igor Pokrajac)