The five-fight main card is set for the UFC’s next pay-per-view event, “UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen.”
Although the April 27 event is the UFC’s next PPV offering, three other cable and network-TV events – including UFC on FOX 7 – take place between now and then.
But with UFC 159, which also features prelims on FX and Facebook, one of the biggest names in MMA returns to the cage as light-heavyweight champion and pound-for-pound notable Jon Jone takes (17-1 MMA, 11-1 UFC) takes on his rival coach from “The Ultimate Fighter 17,” Chael Sonnen (27-12-1 MMA, 6-5 UFC).
The event takes place at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.
The night’s co-headliner features two top middleweights as Michael Bisping (23-5 MMA, 13-5 UFC) looks to bounce back from a recent loss to Vitor Belfort when he takes on Alan Belcher (18-7 MMA, 9-5 UFC). Joining them on the main card are heavyweights Cheick Kongo (18-7-2 MMA, 11-5-1 UFC) vs. Roy Nelson (18-7 MMA, 5-3 UFC) and light-heavyweight rivals Phil Davis (10-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) vs. Vinny Magalhaes (10-5 MMA, 1-2 UFC).
The final main-card spot goes to veteran lightweight Jim Miller (22-4 MMA, 11-3 UFC), who takes on Strikeforce import and former top contender Pat Healy (29-16 MMA, 0-1 UFC).
The latest UFC 159 card now includes:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Champ Jon Jones vs. Chael Sonnen – for light-heavyweight title
- Alan Belcher vs. Michael Bisping
- Cheick Kongo vs. Roy Nelson
- Phil Davis vs. Vinny Magalhaes
- Pat Healy vs. Jim Miller
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX and Facebook, 6 p.m. ET)
- Sheila Gaff vs. Sara McMann
- Johnny Bedford vs. Erik Perez
- Leonard Garcia vs. Cody McKenzie
- Al Iaquinta vs. Joe Proctor
- Rustam Khabilov vs. Yancy Medeiros
- Nick Catone vs. James Head
- Kurt Holobaugh vs. Steven Siler
- Ovince St. Preux vs. Gian Villante
For more on UFC 159, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.
(Pictured: Jon Jones)
view original article >>