Evan Dunham UFC 119After battling injuries for the last two years, lightweight contender Evan Dunham (13-2) has had enough.

Once thought of as nearing lightweight title contention, Dunham has had a bit of a rocky 2011 and 2012, having to pull out of fights with injuries.  The 30-year-old has been vocal about making his presence felt in the lightweight division again to get back to fighting on the main card.

The Xtreme Couture pupil must first deal with the present though, as he fights a dark horse in the lightweight division in T.J. Grant at UFC 152 in Toronto.

“Like all my fights, I don’t really care what T.J.’s going to do,” Dunham told MMAWeekly Radio.

“All I’m going to do is worry about myself.  I know a lot of fighters say that and it’s true.  T.J., in my opinion, is a sleeper in the division.  He’s a very powerful fighter not to be overlooked at all and I have not done that in this camp, I’ve trained very hard.  That being said, I’m really looking forward to this fight.

“I haven’t switched up much.  I have an idea of what he’s going to look for, but I figure people underestimate his stand-up as well.  In his fights, he looks good on his feet and he looks crisp.  I’m ready to fight wherever it goes; it doesn’t make a difference to me.”

Going forward, Dunham’s focus remains on sharpening his tools in the sport.  It doesn’t matter what Grant brings because Dunham plans to bring a relentless attack from all angles.

Grant may be fighting on home turf, but it’s not Dunham’s first go-around with fighting someone so close to home.  At the end of the day, the small stuff doesn’t faze Dunham.  Whether or not the Canadian fans cheer him or boo him entering the building doesn’t matter because he knows they will cheer for him after the bout.

“I think when I fought Sherk that, that was kind of in his home area’ish,” recounted Dunham. “I want to say that Shamar (as well), but I don’t know.  I don’t really read into any of those things.  I know the fans in Canada are great.  I’m sure he’ll have quite the following up there.

“I know I have quite a few fans up there in Canada, as well.  Whether they boo for me, or whether they cheer for me going in, it makes no difference as long as by the end of the fight, they’re cheering for me.  That’s all I really care about.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for more UFC 152 news and updates.

#FridayFlashback: Can Conor McGregor Pull Rafael dos Anjos Out of the Mud?

Can UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor reinvigorate the UFC's "stuck in the mud" division? read news >>

How Conor McGregor Stacks Up with the UFC's Lightweight Division

Conor McGregor is slated to fight Rafael dos Anjos for the UFC lightweight title at UFC 197 on March 5. Assuming the UFC meets McGregor’s enormous financial demands, the fight will go ahead. It will read news >>

The State of the UFC Flyweight Division

The flyweight division has the distinction of being the UFC's only weight class to have had just one champion. While this absence of parity can partly be attributed to the division's recent inception read news >>

Adam Stroup is Confident, but Knows He Hasn’t Even Scratched the Surface Yet

Adam Stroup is confident heading into Friday night's RFA 34 in Denver, but believes he hasn't even come close to realizing his full potential. read news >>

Cris Cyborg vs. Daria Ibragimova: Winner, Recap, Reaction from Invicta FC 15

Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino's scorched-earth campaign through Invicta FC's featherweight division continued at Invicta 15 with the champion defeating Daria Ibragimova in the main event via first-round read news >>

The State of the UFC Men's Bantamweight Division

These bantamweight dynasties—they don’t last forever. Just ask T.J. Dillashaw. On Sunday, it was Dominick Cruz bringing Dillashaw’s reign to a crashing halt after 20 months on top of the men’s 135-po read news >>

Back at 155, Sanchez Faces Miller at UFC 197

After a one-fight experiment in the featherweight division, Diego Sanchez will move back to 155 pounds on Saturday, March 5 when he faces Jim Miller in a UFC FIGHT PASS featured bout on the UFC 197 c read news >>

Former M-1 Challenge heavyweight champ Marcin Tybura signs deal with UFC

The UFC has a new addition to its heavyweight division in the form of an ex-M-1 Challenge champion. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

The State of the UFC Featherweight Division

The UFC featherweight division is a tale of two realities. On one hand, it boasts the most marketable champion in mixed martial arts, Conor McGregor. In short order, he has built himself into a cash- read news >>

The State of the UFC Lightweight Division

No division in the UFC boasts a deeper roster of talented fighters than lightweight. The promotion's 155-pounders run the gamut from brutal pressure fighters to suffocating wrestlers to flashy strike read news >>