Evan Dunham UFC 119After battling injuries for the last two years, lightweight contender Evan Dunham (13-2) has had enough.

Once thought of as nearing lightweight title contention, Dunham has had a bit of a rocky 2011 and 2012, having to pull out of fights with injuries.  The 30-year-old has been vocal about making his presence felt in the lightweight division again to get back to fighting on the main card.

The Xtreme Couture pupil must first deal with the present though, as he fights a dark horse in the lightweight division in T.J. Grant at UFC 152 in Toronto.

“Like all my fights, I don’t really care what T.J.’s going to do,” Dunham told MMAWeekly Radio.

“All I’m going to do is worry about myself.  I know a lot of fighters say that and it’s true.  T.J., in my opinion, is a sleeper in the division.  He’s a very powerful fighter not to be overlooked at all and I have not done that in this camp, I’ve trained very hard.  That being said, I’m really looking forward to this fight.

“I haven’t switched up much.  I have an idea of what he’s going to look for, but I figure people underestimate his stand-up as well.  In his fights, he looks good on his feet and he looks crisp.  I’m ready to fight wherever it goes; it doesn’t make a difference to me.”

Going forward, Dunham’s focus remains on sharpening his tools in the sport.  It doesn’t matter what Grant brings because Dunham plans to bring a relentless attack from all angles.

Grant may be fighting on home turf, but it’s not Dunham’s first go-around with fighting someone so close to home.  At the end of the day, the small stuff doesn’t faze Dunham.  Whether or not the Canadian fans cheer him or boo him entering the building doesn’t matter because he knows they will cheer for him after the bout.

“I think when I fought Sherk that, that was kind of in his home area’ish,” recounted Dunham. “I want to say that Shamar (as well), but I don’t know.  I don’t really read into any of those things.  I know the fans in Canada are great.  I’m sure he’ll have quite the following up there.

“I know I have quite a few fans up there in Canada, as well.  Whether they boo for me, or whether they cheer for me going in, it makes no difference as long as by the end of the fight, they’re cheering for me.  That’s all I really care about.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for more UFC 152 news and updates.

ONE Headliner Ev Ting: ‘I’m Gonna Punch Him and He’s Gonna Fall Over’

Ev Ting will be moving up a division to face Rob Lisita in the main event of ONE: Unbreakable Warriors this weekend, but he's not lacking in confidence. read news >>

Alaska's Mitchell hoping to jolt Ultimate Fighter rivals

In a flyweight division that doesn’t have the amount of finishes other divisions do, Anchorage, Alaska's Terrence Mitchell is one of those people that can immediately provide a jolt as he enters seas read news >>

Tim Kennedy vs. Rashad Evans Set for UFC 205 | MMAWeekly.com

Tim Kennedy will return to the Octagon to welcome Rashad Evans to the middleweight division at UFC 205. read news >>

Joanne Calderwood vs. Jessica Andrade Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 203

The strawweight division was put on notice after Jessica Andrade (15-5) dispatched Jessica Penne at UFC 199, and now the upper echelon is on red alert. Andrade walked through Joanne Calderwood (11-3) read news >>

UFC Fight Night 94 Results: Winners, Scorecards for Poirier vs. Johnson Card

The UFC lightweight division has a new title contender in Michael Johnson. It didn't take long for Johnson to show the world he means business in this division, knocking out Poirier after 95 seconds. read news >>

Evan Dunham and Rick Glenn Went to War (UFC Hidalgo Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Rick Glenn impressed with his toughness, but Evan Dunham was ultimately too much for him. Watch the highlights from the UFC Hidalgo Fight of the Night. read news >>

Goodbye Gridlock: UFC's Top 10 Middleweights All Fight in Next 2 Months

It’s hard to believe, but the UFC middleweight division has never really recovered from Anderson Silva losing his title back in 2013. Once a pillar of consistency during Silva’s near seven-year reign read news >>

Joe Rogan Asks UFC to Open Women's 145-Pound Division for Cris Cyborg | MMAWeekly.com

Joe Rogan isn't a fan of Cris Cyborg's difficult weight-cutting and wants the UFC to do something about it. read news >>

Joe Rogan speaks out, asks UFC to open up women’s featherweight division for 'Cyborg'

Longtime UFC commentator Joe Rogan hates hard weight cuts, so watching Cristiane “Cyborg” Justino get to 140 pounds – officially 141 – had to be hard for him.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Cris Cyborg: The UFC’s Conundrum | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Cris Cyborg is arguably the most dominant champion in MMA today, but the UFC doesn't have her division and no one is lining up to face her. read news >>