Michael Bisping has a point to prove at UFC 152 and he plans on using Brian Stann as the way to do it.

Coming off a close decision loss in his last fight against Chael Sonnen in January, Bisping has had a chip on his shoulder for several months, and a knee injury that sidelined him from fighting in July only angered him even further.

Now as the middleweight division’s contender race starts to heat up, Bisping knows that if he plans on getting a shot at Anderson Silva‘s title in 2013, he needs to make an example out of Brian Stann in Toronto.

“I’ve got to fight with a sense of urgency. I’ve got to put it on him right from the start. I ain’t letting this go to the judges. Whenever it goes to the judges, it never really goes my way. I’ve never lost two fights in a row. I’m coming off a loss, and I’ve got to take my win, take my victory and ensure my title shot and I’m going to do that,” Bisping told MMAWeekly Radio prior to the fight.

When looking at his opponent, Bisping respects the skills that Stann brings to the table, but he believes it’s nothing he hasn’t seen before and it all comes down to executing on fight night. If he fights to his best, Bisping doesn’t see a way Stann beats him.

“He’s a big power puncher; he’s somewhat limited in some respects. I’ve watched his fights recently from back in the WEC days to now, and I really haven’t seen much evolution. He’s obviously a little sharper and crisper, and a little more refined, but I don’t really see anything new,” said Bisping.

“Can he knock me out? Listen, I’ve got a good chin, but he does have the ability to knock people out. Do I think he’ll catch me with anything significant? I don’t think so. I’ve got good movement, my head movement is way more improved, I can take his punches anywhere, and I can beat him to the punch all day long. I’ve got far, far better wrestling, grappling and jiu-jitsu than him, better cardio, and I just think it’s a good fight for me.”

Call it cocky or call it confidence, Bisping is happy to explain why he knows he’ll beat Stann in Toronto and then look for a title shot in the near future.

As good as Brian Stann might be, Michael Bisping just knows he’s better.

“I think nine times out of 10, I win this fight,” Bisping stated. “I’ve got to make sure this time is one of those nine times out of 10.”

For more news, rumors and information make sure to follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter

Amanda Nunes Plans to Wait for Ronda Rousey’s UFC Return

Fresh off the biggest win over her career over Miesha Tate at UFC 200 to capture the women's bantamweight title, Amanda Nunes is hoping for an even bigger fight in her first title defense. read news >>

Michael Bisping Announces Fight with Dan Henderson in Manchester

Though the UFC has yet to make it official, Michael Bisping took it upon himself to announce his title defense against Dan Henderson. read news >>

Michael Bisping Expects Dan Henderson to 'Cheat' in Reported Rematch at UFC 204

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping is expecting Dan Henderson to “cheat” in their rumoured rematch. According to MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani, Bisping will face the veteran on October 8 in a r read news >>

UFC's Era of Money (and Moneyweight) Fights Has Begun, and There's No Going Back

Shortly after Michael Bisping realized his career-long goal of capturing the UFC middleweight championship, the question of who he might fight next followed. It is a simple and obvious one, almost ma read news >>

Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson II Announced: Latest Details and Reaction

Michael Bisping will put his UFC middleweight title on the line in his home town of Manchester against veteran Dan Henderson on October 8. The fight will headline UFC 204 and was confirmed by the UFC read news >>

UFC 204: Bisping vs. Hendo is Official; Includes Belfort vs. Mousasi and Struve vs. Magomedov

The all-but-confirmed UFC 204 headlining bout between Michael Bisping and Dan Henderson is now confirmed, as are several other UFC 204 bouts. read news >>

Shai Lindsey Plans to Bounce from Disappointing Debut with a Big Win at RFA 42

Despite a disappointing loss in his promotional debut, Shai Lindsey plans to rebound with a big win at RFA 42 on Friday. read news >>

The Question: Does Conor McGregor Stand a Chance in the Rematch with Nate Diaz?

Five months ago, the UFC's best-laid plans came crashing down. Conor McGregor, the sport's brightest star and featherweight kingpin, stepped into the cage at UFC 196 on March 5 for what was supposed read news >>

Watch the UFC 204: Bisping vs. Henderson 2 Press Conference Streaming Live at 5 PM ET

Watch as the stars of UFC 204, Michael Bisping and Dan Henderson, field questions from the media on Friday at 5 p.m. ET, live from Las Vegas. read news >>

Ray Elizalde Plans to ‘Catch’ Alex Perez with Something at RFA 42

Ray Elizalde (10-0) returns to the RFA on August 19 in Visalia, California, to take on fellow vet Alex Perez (13-4) in a main card 125-pound bout. read news >>