Michael Bisping has a point to prove at UFC 152 and he plans on using Brian Stann as the way to do it.

Coming off a close decision loss in his last fight against Chael Sonnen in January, Bisping has had a chip on his shoulder for several months, and a knee injury that sidelined him from fighting in July only angered him even further.

Now as the middleweight division’s contender race starts to heat up, Bisping knows that if he plans on getting a shot at Anderson Silva‘s title in 2013, he needs to make an example out of Brian Stann in Toronto.

“I’ve got to fight with a sense of urgency. I’ve got to put it on him right from the start. I ain’t letting this go to the judges. Whenever it goes to the judges, it never really goes my way. I’ve never lost two fights in a row. I’m coming off a loss, and I’ve got to take my win, take my victory and ensure my title shot and I’m going to do that,” Bisping told MMAWeekly Radio prior to the fight.

When looking at his opponent, Bisping respects the skills that Stann brings to the table, but he believes it’s nothing he hasn’t seen before and it all comes down to executing on fight night. If he fights to his best, Bisping doesn’t see a way Stann beats him.

“He’s a big power puncher; he’s somewhat limited in some respects. I’ve watched his fights recently from back in the WEC days to now, and I really haven’t seen much evolution. He’s obviously a little sharper and crisper, and a little more refined, but I don’t really see anything new,” said Bisping.

“Can he knock me out? Listen, I’ve got a good chin, but he does have the ability to knock people out. Do I think he’ll catch me with anything significant? I don’t think so. I’ve got good movement, my head movement is way more improved, I can take his punches anywhere, and I can beat him to the punch all day long. I’ve got far, far better wrestling, grappling and jiu-jitsu than him, better cardio, and I just think it’s a good fight for me.”

Call it cocky or call it confidence, Bisping is happy to explain why he knows he’ll beat Stann in Toronto and then look for a title shot in the near future.

As good as Brian Stann might be, Michael Bisping just knows he’s better.

“I think nine times out of 10, I win this fight,” Bisping stated. “I’ve got to make sure this time is one of those nine times out of 10.”

For more news, rumors and information make sure to follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter

No UFC 200? Nate Diaz announces vacation plans (and posts epic street art)

With Conor McGregor officially ruled out, it appears Nate Diaz won’t get a replacement opponent for UFC 200.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Valor Fights’ Corey Browning Plans Busy Year

He may have started his pro career off slowly, but Corey Browning plans a busy 2016. He returns to the cage at Valor Fights 32 on Friday. read news >>

Amanda Nunes: ‘Miesha Tate Has a Lot of Holes in Her Game’

Title challenger Amanda Nunes says women's bantamweight champion Miesha Tate has 'a lot of holes in her game,' and plans to exploit them at UFC 200. read news >>

UFC 198 Free Fight: Vitor Belfort Knocks Out Michael Bisping

Vitor Belfort is 6-0 in Brazil while fighting in the UFC. Belfort looks to remain unbeaten in his home country when he faces Jacare Souza in the co-main event at UFC 198. read news >>

Amir Khan Wants to Showcase His Striking at ONE: Ascent to Power

A longtime Thai fighters, Amir Khan plans to show off his striking at ONE: Ascent to Power and make everyone take notice. read news >>

Tonya Evinger Plans to Punish Colleen Schneider in Invicta FC 17 Title Defense

Tonya Evinger has plans to put the hurt on Colleen Schneider in her Invicta FC 17 title defense on Saturday night. read news >>

Stipe Miocic is in the fight game to win title; plans to win it for Cleveland

No. 1 contender Stipe Miocic has had a vision of winning the belt since he started in the UFC. On Saturday night in enemy territory - Curitiba, Brazil at UFC 198 - Miocic plans to take out Fabricio W read news >>

Cris Cyborg Shoots Down Ronda Rousey Talk, Plans Featherweight Return

Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino made her UFC debut at UFC 198. It was a fight years in the making, highlighted by a dominant win in front of her hometown. It was her moment, and she wanted to make sure th read news >>

Injury Forces Chris Weidman Out of UFC 199 Bout, Michael Bisping Willing to Step In

Chris Weidman is out of his rematch with Luke Rockhold at UFC 199, but Michael Bisping quickly let it be known that he is prepared to step in and take his place. read news >>

Michael Bisping Replaces Chris Weidman at UFC 199: Latest Comments, Reaction

UFC has found a replacement for the injured Chris Weidman at UFC 199, as Michael Bisping will challenge Luke Rockhold on June 4, per Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Times. Per Jason Floyd of the MMA read news >>