Michael Bisping has a point to prove at UFC 152 and he plans on using Brian Stann as the way to do it.

Coming off a close decision loss in his last fight against Chael Sonnen in January, Bisping has had a chip on his shoulder for several months, and a knee injury that sidelined him from fighting in July only angered him even further.

Now as the middleweight division’s contender race starts to heat up, Bisping knows that if he plans on getting a shot at Anderson Silva‘s title in 2013, he needs to make an example out of Brian Stann in Toronto.

“I’ve got to fight with a sense of urgency. I’ve got to put it on him right from the start. I ain’t letting this go to the judges. Whenever it goes to the judges, it never really goes my way. I’ve never lost two fights in a row. I’m coming off a loss, and I’ve got to take my win, take my victory and ensure my title shot and I’m going to do that,” Bisping told MMAWeekly Radio prior to the fight.

When looking at his opponent, Bisping respects the skills that Stann brings to the table, but he believes it’s nothing he hasn’t seen before and it all comes down to executing on fight night. If he fights to his best, Bisping doesn’t see a way Stann beats him.

“He’s a big power puncher; he’s somewhat limited in some respects. I’ve watched his fights recently from back in the WEC days to now, and I really haven’t seen much evolution. He’s obviously a little sharper and crisper, and a little more refined, but I don’t really see anything new,” said Bisping.

“Can he knock me out? Listen, I’ve got a good chin, but he does have the ability to knock people out. Do I think he’ll catch me with anything significant? I don’t think so. I’ve got good movement, my head movement is way more improved, I can take his punches anywhere, and I can beat him to the punch all day long. I’ve got far, far better wrestling, grappling and jiu-jitsu than him, better cardio, and I just think it’s a good fight for me.”

Call it cocky or call it confidence, Bisping is happy to explain why he knows he’ll beat Stann in Toronto and then look for a title shot in the near future.

As good as Brian Stann might be, Michael Bisping just knows he’s better.

“I think nine times out of 10, I win this fight,” Bisping stated. “I’ve got to make sure this time is one of those nine times out of 10.”

For more news, rumors and information make sure to follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter

Champ Michael Bisping wants next defense at UFC 208, plans to retire when he drops belt

NEW YORK – With a record-tying 27 UFC fights to his name, UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping has put a time limit on his career – and it’s set around the length of his title reign.Filed under: read news >>

Dana White Shares Thoughts on UFC's New York Debut, Future Plans for UFC in NY

Despite its prominent place in combat-sports history, New York and its sporting cathedral, Madison Square Garden, have never hosted an MMA event. That changes Saturday with UFC 205, following the leg read news >>

UFC 205's Yoel Romero says it's not up to Michael Bisping whether he fights for title

NEW YORK – UFC middleweight contender Yoel Romero said he hasn’t heard what champ Michael Bisping has to say about him, but he doesn’t put too much stock in it, anyway.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Champ Michael Bisping shuts down Chris Weidman's title-shot claim: 'I make the (expletive) decisions'

NEW YORK – Champion Michael Bisping isn’t buying Chris Weidman’s recent claims that he’s been guaranteed the next UFC middleweight title shot with a victory over Yoel Romero tonight at UFC 205.Filed read news >>

Yoel Romero Says He's in Michael Bisping's Head (UFC 205 video) | MMAWeekly.com

After beating Chris Weidman at UFC 205 in New York, Yoel Romero believes he's in champion Michael Bisping's head. read news >>

Dana White: Tyron Woodley vs. Stephen Thompson 2, Michael Bisping vs. Yoel Romero likely

NEW YORK – UFC President Dana White doesn’t like to match-make on fight night, but he sure had a lot of ideas about potential scraps after UFC 205. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC 205 winner Yoel Romero says post-fight encounter with Michael Bisping is no joking matter

NEW YORK – We all got a good laugh out of the post-UFC 205 interview with Yoel Romero, who directed some vitriol at reigning middleweight champ and cageside observer/FS1 analyst Michael Bisping.Filed read news >>

After UFC 205, Chris Weidman finally found some common ground with Michael Bisping

NEW YORK – Former UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman and current title holder Michael Bisping haven’t always seen eye to eye. But following UFC 205, Weidman now says he and “The Count” stand on read news >>

UFC middleweight champ Michael Bisping accepts spring fight with Yoel Romero

Yoel Romero will apparently get this shot at UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping, after all.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Carrington Banks Plans to 'Put Offense on Jake Roberts' at Bellator 165 | MMAWeekly.com

Unbeaten lightweight Carrington Banks takes on fellow undefeated fighter Jake Roberts at Bellator 165 at the SAP Center in San Jose, Calif. read news >>