At UFC 148 it was the swan song for the recent UFC Hall of Fame inductee Tito Ortiz and he went out with a bang.

Ortiz was a polarizing figure for many years in the UFC, but one thing you could always count on, is that he’d always leave it all in the cage and in the third and final fight with Griffin it was no different.

In the fight, Ortiz hurt Griffin twice and scored takedowns but in the end judges thought the strikes Griffin landed were enough to give him the fight.

“I wasn’t looking for a smart fight, I was looking to finish the fight,” Ortiz said post-fight.  “I thought I dropped him a couple of times, took him down every round and Forrest knew that I had no respect for his punching.  He would throw punches and nothing hurt.”

According to Fight Metric Griffin outlanded Ortiz 85 to 49 in strikes, and Ortiz just had no respect for the punches of Griffin and it cost him the win on the judges score cards.

At the end of the day Ortiz went out in a blaze of glory and the former light heavyweight champion lives with no regrets.  He bared his heart and soul in the Octagon and wouldn’t have performed any other way.

“When you fight with emotions as I do (expletive) happens,” Ortiz continued.  I went out and I thought I won.  I thought the fight was over, Forrest thought the fight was over and the fans thought the fight was over but the judges didn’t see it that way.  It is what it is. I know what I did tonight.  You guys know what I did tonight.  I went out on my shield.”

Knockout Radio Podcast: Tito Ortiz, Ben Saunders, and Eric Shelton |

Join Knockout Radio for their Sept. 21 podcast as Randy Harris and the crew broadcast talk with Tito Ortiz, Ben Saunders, and Eric Shelton. read news >>

Chael Sonnen vs. Tito Ortiz will not take place at Bellator 165 in San Jose

Newly minted Bellator fighter Chael Sonnen got a little ahead of himself in announcing a fight with Tito Ortiz on Nov. 19 at Bellator 165. Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Tito Ortiz vs. Chael Sonnen in the Works for Bellator |

Tito Ortiz claims he is fighting Chael Sonnen under the Bellator banner. read news >>

Despite skid, WSOF 33's Joao Zeferino doesn't see recent losses as setbacks

Joao Zeferino has a surprisingly positive outlook on the current status of his career. With back-to-back losses, Zeferino said he doesn’t feel an unordinary amount of pressure to get back on track wh read news >>

UFC 204: Bisping vs. Henderson Results and Highlights

UFC 204 was one of the more exciting events in recent memory with just the first and last fights of the night going the distance, exceeding all expectations.Despite several injuries and losing one bo read news >>

UFC contender Demian Maia proud of lack of damage taken in recent fights

UFC welterweight contender Demian Maia has absorbed just 13 significant strikes in his past four fights combined. That's a statistic he can take pride in, because the jiu-jitsu ace has always preache read news >>

Nate Diaz taunts Conor McGregor after recent comments about trilogy fight

Nate Diaz fires back at Conor McGregor read news >>

Dana White Talks About Anderson Silva Being 'Mistreated'

Dana White believes Anderson Silva's recent comments on being disrespected by the UFC are ridiculous.Following Jose Aldo, MMA legend Anderson Silva has become the latest Brazilian fighter to ope read news >>

Anderson Silva backing down from recent criticism of UFC, offers brief apology to Dana White

As far as apologies go, Anderson Silva’s wasn’t exactly a major one. But a sorry is a sorry, and “The Spider” certainly took a step back from recent comments that were critical of the UFC. Filed unde read news >>

Chael Sonnen vs. Tito Ortiz set for Jan. 21 in California as Bellator 170 headliner

As expected, “The Bad Guy” will indeed face “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy.”Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>