At UFC 148 it was the swan song for the recent UFC Hall of Fame inductee Tito Ortiz and he went out with a bang.

Ortiz was a polarizing figure for many years in the UFC, but one thing you could always count on, is that he’d always leave it all in the cage and in the third and final fight with Griffin it was no different.

In the fight, Ortiz hurt Griffin twice and scored takedowns but in the end judges thought the strikes Griffin landed were enough to give him the fight.

“I wasn’t looking for a smart fight, I was looking to finish the fight,” Ortiz said post-fight.  “I thought I dropped him a couple of times, took him down every round and Forrest knew that I had no respect for his punching.  He would throw punches and nothing hurt.”

According to Fight Metric Griffin outlanded Ortiz 85 to 49 in strikes, and Ortiz just had no respect for the punches of Griffin and it cost him the win on the judges score cards.

At the end of the day Ortiz went out in a blaze of glory and the former light heavyweight champion lives with no regrets.  He bared his heart and soul in the Octagon and wouldn’t have performed any other way.

“When you fight with emotions as I do (expletive) happens,” Ortiz continued.  I went out and I thought I won.  I thought the fight was over, Forrest thought the fight was over and the fans thought the fight was over but the judges didn’t see it that way.  It is what it is. I know what I did tonight.  You guys know what I did tonight.  I went out on my shield.”

Trevin Giles Looking to Remain Unbeaten Against Josh Clark at RFA 41

Trevin Giles was slated to face recent UFC signee Tom Gigliotti at RFA 41 on July 29, but will now face Josh Clark in the evening’s middleweight main event. read news >>

BJ Penn Expects to Return in November, Reponds to Dana White’s Comments

B.J. Penn expects to return to the UFC in November and responds to Dana White's recent comments about him not living up to his full potential. read news >>

VIDEO: Urijah Faber Talks PEDs, Brock Lesnar, and Chad Mendes

Urijah Faber reflects on his career and also shares his thoughts on Brock Lesnar and Chad Mendes’ recent involvement with PEDs. read news >>

UFC Salt Lake City Video: Yair Rodriguez – Creative Combat

Dynamic featherweight Yair Rodriguez looks to build on his recent success on Aug. 6 when he meets Alex Caceres in the main event of UFC Fight Night 92. read news >>

Chael Sonnen Rails on Association of Boxing Commissions’ Rules Changes (Video)

Chael Sonnen isn't cheering the ABC's recent MMA rules changes, particularly when it comes to the rule about what constitutes a downed fighter. read news >>

Superstars Blast Conor McGregor for Recent Comments About WWE Roster

Conor McGregor kicked a hornet's nest on Friday. Speaking with the media on a conference call to promote UFC 202, the pay-per-view kingpin was asked if he had any interest in making the jump to profe read news >>

Conor McGregor Not Worried, but Plotting, After UFC Sale (Video)

UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor isn't sweating the UFC's recent sale... he's plotting. read news >>

UFC 202 Video: Anthony Johnson – Warrior Code

Anthony Johnson sits down to talk about why he fights, his fighting style, recent success, and plans for the future. read news >>