UFC 148 Aftermath: Tito Ortiz Leaves The Octagon In a Blaze of Glory

• submit to reddit

At UFC 148 it was the swan song for the recent UFC Hall of Fame inductee Tito Ortiz and he went out with a bang.

Ortiz was a polarizing figure for many years in the UFC, but one thing you could always count on, is that he’d always leave it all in the cage and in the third and final fight with Griffin it was no different.

In the fight, Ortiz hurt Griffin twice and scored takedowns but in the end judges thought the strikes Griffin landed were enough to give him the fight.

“I wasn’t looking for a smart fight, I was looking to finish the fight,” Ortiz said post-fight.  “I thought I dropped him a couple of times, took him down every round and Forrest knew that I had no respect for his punching.  He would throw punches and nothing hurt.”

According to Fight Metric Griffin outlanded Ortiz 85 to 49 in strikes, and Ortiz just had no respect for the punches of Griffin and it cost him the win on the judges score cards.

At the end of the day Ortiz went out in a blaze of glory and the former light heavyweight champion lives with no regrets.  He bared his heart and soul in the Octagon and wouldn’t have performed any other way.

“When you fight with emotions as I do (expletive) happens,” Ortiz continued.  I went out and I thought I won.  I thought the fight was over, Forrest thought the fight was over and the fans thought the fight was over but the judges didn’t see it that way.  It is what it is. I know what I did tonight.  You guys know what I did tonight.  I went out on my shield.”

Inaugural welterweight champion and famous trainer, Pat Miletich, will be inducted into the Hall of Fame at 11:30 a.m. tomorrow at UFC's Fan Expo. Let's take a look back into his incredible career.
After retiring almost eight years ago, feuding with Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) head honcho Dana White, and working as a commentator for the organization's biggest competition (at the time), Pat Miletich is finally being inducted into UFC's Hall of Fame this weekend.
He must have done somethi more

Pat Miletich gives his thoughts on his recent induction into the UFC Hall of Fame, something he thought would never happen, but says it's nice to be recognized for climbing the mountain. Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight champion Pat Miletich was inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame as part of the UFC Fan Expo this past weekend (July 5-6, 2014) inside Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada (video replay here).
A move on the part of UFC President Dana White, signifyi more

Pat Miletich is the latest inductee to the UFC Hall of Fame.
UFC president Dana White confirmed the news, which has been rumored for the past several days, to MMAFighting.com on Tuesday.
The 48-year old Miletich had an almost incalculable influence on the sport of mixed martial arts, first as one of the sport's great fighters and then as the head of one of the first true elite MMA gyms.
The pride of Bettendorf, Iowa was the first holder of what is now known as the UFC welterweight title, current more

And it only took eight years!
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White once called former welterweight champion Pat Miletich a "paranoid lunatic," while bagging on the "Croatian Sensation" for his role in the now-defunct International Fight League (IFL).
Read those comments here.
But time heals all wounds, and the "Sin City" fight boss has finally admitted his mistreatment of the mixed martial arts (MMA) pioneer, telling the gang at MMA Fight Corner that not only was he at fault more

Tune in Thursday, July 3, at 6 p.m. EST, for Knockout Radio LIVE with soon-to-be UFC Hall of Famer, MMA pioneer Pat Miletich, and The Ultimate Fighter 19 finalists Dhiego Lima and Matt Van Buren. more

LAS VEGAS – MMA trailblazer, former UFC champion, noted trainer and respected broadcaster Pat Miletich is officially a member of the UFC Hall of Fame.Filed under: News, UFC more

Former welterweight champion Pat Miletich became the 12th inductee into the UFC Hall of Fame on Sunday. more

LAS VEGAS -- Watch former UFC champion Pat Miletich be inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame on Sunday afternoon at the UFC Fan Expo. Miletich was the lone person to be inducted this year. more

The first ever Welterweight (then called Lightweight) champ of the UFC and one of the game's most successful coaches has finally been inducted into the HOF. more