At UFC 148 it was the swan song for the recent UFC Hall of Fame inductee Tito Ortiz and he went out with a bang.

Ortiz was a polarizing figure for many years in the UFC, but one thing you could always count on, is that he’d always leave it all in the cage and in the third and final fight with Griffin it was no different.

In the fight, Ortiz hurt Griffin twice and scored takedowns but in the end judges thought the strikes Griffin landed were enough to give him the fight.

“I wasn’t looking for a smart fight, I was looking to finish the fight,” Ortiz said post-fight.  “I thought I dropped him a couple of times, took him down every round and Forrest knew that I had no respect for his punching.  He would throw punches and nothing hurt.”

According to Fight Metric Griffin outlanded Ortiz 85 to 49 in strikes, and Ortiz just had no respect for the punches of Griffin and it cost him the win on the judges score cards.

At the end of the day Ortiz went out in a blaze of glory and the former light heavyweight champion lives with no regrets.  He bared his heart and soul in the Octagon and wouldn’t have performed any other way.

“When you fight with emotions as I do (expletive) happens,” Ortiz continued.  I went out and I thought I won.  I thought the fight was over, Forrest thought the fight was over and the fans thought the fight was over but the judges didn’t see it that way.  It is what it is. I know what I did tonight.  You guys know what I did tonight.  I went out on my shield.”

Jose Aldo UFC 194 Media Scrum Video from Rio de Janeiro

Featherweight champion Jose Aldo answered questions during a recent scrum interview promoting his UFC 194 title fight against interim champion Conor McGregor. read news >>

The Comeback: Holly Holm on 'Cyborg' fight, Johny Hendricks leaves longtime camp

In a sport that never stops moving, even MMA junkies can struggle to keep up with all the latest news. If you missed any of Tuesday’s biggest headlines, catch up with “The Comeback.”Filed under: Bell read news >>

Holly Holm Answers Ronda Rousey 'Jerk' Question, Has Seen Knockout over 30 Times

Holly Holm snubbed the chance to add to Ronda Rousey’s recent misery, offering a neutral answer when asked whether her UFC 193 opponent is a “jerk.” Holm, who stunned the world with her knockout win read news >>

Video: Fighter dislodges opponent's tooth, punches it into crowd

During the recent APEX Fights 8 event, Joshua Spears lost a tooth – and based on its subsequent trajectory, it’s probably not one he got back.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, Videos read news >>

Uriah Hall explains his controversial 'terrorist' comment from social media

Uriah Hall is sorry but not sorry when it comes to a recent Instagram post in which he labeled MMA fans as “terrorists” due to the harsh criticism directed at Ronda Rousey following her knockout loss read news >>

Former UFC champ Cain Velasquez leaves Zinkin Entertainment for CAA

Former UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez has left his longtime management team at Zinkin Entertainment.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov opts against retirement but won't get desired Al Iaquinta matchup

Although another recent injury had Khabib Nurmagomedov considering retirement, he’s opted to fight on. But he won’t get his desired matchup.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 77’s Gleison Tibau not happy being called a gatekeeper

Only UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz has more fights in the UFC’s octagon than Gleison Tibau, who’s stepped inside the cage 26 times. And that record is soon to fall.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Why UFC vet Thiago Tavares didn't mind that deep gash and recent TKO loss

Veteran UFC featherweight Thiago Tavares said he doesn’t necessarily get hung up on whether he wins or loses his fights.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Count Max Holloway Among Nick Diaz Defenders: ‘It’s a Bunch of BS’

Featherweight contender Max Holloway became the most recent fighter to speak out about Nick Diaz’ five-year suspension for testing positive for marijuana. read news >>