Miguel Torres

Miguel Torres

The UFC is constantly tweaking its approach on everything, from fight cards to production to promotion and more. Their latest move is to add a sixth bout to the UFC 145 main card on pay-per-view.

Already headlined by the UFC light heavyweight title bout between champion Jon Jones and challenger Rashad Evans, the Atlanta fight card just went one better with the addition of one of the promotion’s top veteran bantamweights in Miguel Torres against one of the division’s top up-and-comers in Michael McDonald.

“Fighting on pay-per-view is special to me,” said Torres. “I would watch the big boxing cards with my father as a kid, and my father would well up with pride and emotion when guys like Julio Cesar Chavez fought. I’d never seen my father show so much emotion and I am proud to become an extension of that great Mexican fighting legacy in the UFC.”

McDonald was just as excited about the promotion to the main card as Torres, knowing that he’s got one of the toughest fights of his career before him.

“I think Miguel Torres is definitely the most significant opponent I’ve ever faced on a business perspective,” said McDonald. “Now it’s my chance to prove to myself that I can do what I think I can do on a huge pay-per-view event.”

UFC 145 takes place on April 21 at Phillips Arena in Atlanta.

For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

From Around the Web

UFC 185 Start Time: PPV Schedule and Pettis vs. Dos Anjos Fight Card Predictions

As pay-per-view events go, UFC 185 doesn't have a ton of curb appeal, but the action might just be better than the name recognition on the card. UFC lightweight champion Anthony "Showtime" Pettis wil read news >>

UFC 185: Pettis vs. Dos Anjos live results, discussion, play by play (PPV)

Live results and detailed coverage for the pay-per-view portion of tonight's UFC 185: Pettis vs. Dos Anjos fight card. Join us tonight on Bloody Elbow for live results and in-depth play by play as th read news >>

UFC 185 stream: 'Pettis vs Dos Anjos' live results, updates, recaps and more

UFC 185 results live online: UFC returns to pay-per-view (PPV) TONIGHT (Sat., March 14, 2015) with "Pettis vs. Dos Anjos," which features two title bouts in the main- and co-main events. UFC 185, whi read news >>

UFC Fight Night 62 preview: Five burning questions for 'Maia vs LaFlare' in Brazil

After back-to-back pay-per-view (PPV) events, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) returns to FOX Sports 1 this Saturday night (March 21, 2015) with an injury-laden UFC Fight Night 62 fight card feat read news >>

UFC 184 prelims pull third-biggest rating of FOX Sports 1 era

Pay-per-view estimates for Saturday's UFC 184 aren't in yet, but thus far all signs for the show being a success have continued to come in.The prelims on FOX Sports 1 from 8-10 p.m. ET drew 1,205,000 read news >>

UFC Quick Quote: Conor McGregor is one of the biggest fighters in MMA, pushing for 1 million PPV buys

Having his featherweight championship bout against division kingpin Jose Aldo over the welterweight title fight between Rory MacDonald and Robbie Lawler at UFC 189 is proof of that. "It stands true t read news >>

Early UFC 184 PPV estimates very strong, could prove Ronda Rousey as top UFC draw

Early PPV estimates for UFC 184 are showing that Ronda Rousey could in fact be the biggest star in the UFC's roster right now. Ronda Rousey is already a media darling who is able to tap markets and a read news >>

Morning Report: The next B.J. Penn, Anthony Pettis plans on being UFC's 'pay-per-view king'

UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis has only defended his title once since taking it off Benson Henderson at UFC 164 in 2013, but he's already planning out his legacy in the division. "Me getting read news >>

Anthony Pettis expects to be the next BJ Penn, new king of UFC pay-per-view

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight champion Anthony Pettis, who defends his title later this month against Rafael dos Anjos at UFC 185, is not content to simply rule the roost at 155 po read news >>