Travis Prangley at UFC 54Heading into the fourth round of his King of the Cage light heavyweight title fight against reigning champion Tony Lopez last December, Trevor Prangley felt he had the fight in hand, when an illegal knee didn’t so much change the outcome of the fight, but how it came about.

“I was getting a little tired in the fourth round and was taking a little break on the cage and (Lopez) threw an illegal knee to the head,” said Prangley. “It was obviously blatantly illegal and I wanted to take the time to recover. The doctors asked me if I wanted to fight and I said I did, but that my jaw was hurting real bad and he stopped the fight.

“I didn’t stop the fight. I didn’t quit or try to stop the fight. They stopped it. I’ve never quit in a fight. Anybody that knows my career knows that.”

The fight went to the judges following the foul and Prangley was declared the winner by technical decision.

The win gives Prangley four victories in a row; a streak he hopes to continue when he returns to KOTC Friday night in his hometown of Coeur D’Alene, Idaho, on MAV TV against Justin Davis, who is a late replacement for Brandon Anderson.

“(Whoever steps into the cage with me) I think they’ll face a calmer, more relaxed Trevor,” he said. “I’m able to put things together better and focus on putting a string of offense together rather than going out and just trying to kill them with every punch.

“Now I fight for the pleasure of it and it’s made a big difference in how I approach fights and how I perform.”

MAV TV is not the only place fans will have a chance to see Prangley on television this month, as his turn as Lord in the film Dragon Eyes with Cung Le, Jean-Claude Van Damme and Peter Weller continues to run all month on Cinemax.

“Cung Le called me up and asked me if I wanted to take a part in the movie and I said I’d love to,” said Prangley. “It turned out to be a little more of a part than I thought it would be, but it was just a great experience. It’s a lot easier than fighting, I can tell you that much.

“Cung did most of the choreography himself and we all added our own little twist to it. Cung and myself basically built that last fight scene on the set while we were doing it and I thought it turned out great.”

Turning back to Prangley’s fighting career, as he continues to dedicate more time to coaching in his gym, fighting is becoming less of a priority and he told MMAWeekly.com that he may step away from the cage sooner rather than later.

“I hope to get a rematch with Tony later on this year, because I normally don’t take things personally in this sport, but that one I’d like,” said Prangley. “Other than that, I consider this being my last year. I turn 41 this year, and I’ve had a long, good run and there’s no need to push my luck.

“I’ve accomplished what I set out to in this sport and whatever happens is icing on the top.”

Chael Sonnen Hit Hard by Joe Silva’s Retirement

Longtime UFC matchmaker Joe Silva, 20-plus years into his career, is calling it quits. Listen to Chael Sonnen's take on the gold standard for MMA matchmakers. read news >>

Miocic vs. Overeem: Career Stats, Highlights for Both Before UFC 203

Capturing the UFC Heavyweight Championship is one thing; defending it is a different matter altogether. That's the challenge Stipe Miocic faces when he welcomes Alistair Overeem to Cleveland in the m read news >>

Gall excited for 'best 15 minutes of career' vs Punk

Mickey Gall doesn’t plan on just beating CM Punk at UFC 203 – he plans on destroying the former WWE megastar in his UFC debut. read news >>

CM Punk Comments on MMA Career, Life After WWE and More

Ahead of his highly anticipated MMA debut against Mickey Gall Saturday at UFC 203, CM Punk discussed his development as a fighter and his past as a WWE Superstar in The Players' Tribune. Punk said th read news >>

UFC's CM Punk Experiment Gets off to a Painful Start

CM Punk’s new career as an MMA fighter got off to a painful start on Saturday. Punk proved no match for Mickey Gall at UFC 203, as Gall wasted little time taking the former WWE wrestler down and scor read news >>

CM Punk’s Drawing Power Might Not Be Enough | MMAWeekly.com

CM Punk’s UFC career may have been a one-and-done deal. The former WWE superstar made his professional fighting debut on Saturday at UFC 203 in Cleveland, Ohio. read news >>

Tito Ortiz: Chael Sonnen Payback Would be a Great Way to End His Career | MMAWeekly.com

For Tito Ortiz, there is no better way to end his career than to exact payback upon Chael Sonnen. read news >>

Why Does BJ Penn Want to Return Now? | MMAWeekly.com

After seemingly ending his career, over the past two years, UFC Hall of Famer BJ Penn has had time to reconsider. So, why come back now? read news >>

Would Luke Rockhold Pose Nude for His Modeling Career? | MMAWeekly.com

Luke Rockhold has delved into modeling. Inside MMA talked to him about it, as well as his rematch with Jacare Souza and relationship with Demi Lovato. read news >>

After going to judges for entire UFC career, Michel Prazeres has knockout planned in Brazil

Like many fighters who get asked about a penchant to go to the judges’ scorecards, Michel Prazeres believes there’s good reason he hasn’t been able to finish the four fighters he has wins over in the read news >>