Travis Prangley at UFC 54Heading into the fourth round of his King of the Cage light heavyweight title fight against reigning champion Tony Lopez last December, Trevor Prangley felt he had the fight in hand, when an illegal knee didn’t so much change the outcome of the fight, but how it came about.

“I was getting a little tired in the fourth round and was taking a little break on the cage and (Lopez) threw an illegal knee to the head,” said Prangley. “It was obviously blatantly illegal and I wanted to take the time to recover. The doctors asked me if I wanted to fight and I said I did, but that my jaw was hurting real bad and he stopped the fight.

“I didn’t stop the fight. I didn’t quit or try to stop the fight. They stopped it. I’ve never quit in a fight. Anybody that knows my career knows that.”

The fight went to the judges following the foul and Prangley was declared the winner by technical decision.

The win gives Prangley four victories in a row; a streak he hopes to continue when he returns to KOTC Friday night in his hometown of Coeur D’Alene, Idaho, on MAV TV against Justin Davis, who is a late replacement for Brandon Anderson.

“(Whoever steps into the cage with me) I think they’ll face a calmer, more relaxed Trevor,” he said. “I’m able to put things together better and focus on putting a string of offense together rather than going out and just trying to kill them with every punch.

“Now I fight for the pleasure of it and it’s made a big difference in how I approach fights and how I perform.”

MAV TV is not the only place fans will have a chance to see Prangley on television this month, as his turn as Lord in the film Dragon Eyes with Cung Le, Jean-Claude Van Damme and Peter Weller continues to run all month on Cinemax.

“Cung Le called me up and asked me if I wanted to take a part in the movie and I said I’d love to,” said Prangley. “It turned out to be a little more of a part than I thought it would be, but it was just a great experience. It’s a lot easier than fighting, I can tell you that much.

“Cung did most of the choreography himself and we all added our own little twist to it. Cung and myself basically built that last fight scene on the set while we were doing it and I thought it turned out great.”

Turning back to Prangley’s fighting career, as he continues to dedicate more time to coaching in his gym, fighting is becoming less of a priority and he told MMAWeekly.com that he may step away from the cage sooner rather than later.

“I hope to get a rematch with Tony later on this year, because I normally don’t take things personally in this sport, but that one I’d like,” said Prangley. “Other than that, I consider this being my last year. I turn 41 this year, and I’ve had a long, good run and there’s no need to push my luck.

“I’ve accomplished what I set out to in this sport and whatever happens is icing on the top.”

Victory FC 55 video highlights: Fighter gives ref thumbs-up – and immediately falls asleep

Friday’s Victory FC 55 event featured quick stoppage wins in the headliner and co-headliner, but the main-card opener provided one of the night’s more peculiar moments.Filed under: News read news >>

UFC 207 play-by-play and live results (7 p.m. ET)

LAS VEGAS – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from Friday’s UFC 207 event, and you can join us for live play-by-play and official results beginning at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT).Filed under: News, read news >>

UFC 207 discussion thread

LAS VEGAS – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from Friday’s UFC 207 event at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, which kicks off at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT). You can discuss the event here.Filed under: read news >>

Dana White not expecting another comeback by ex-UFC champ Brock Lesnar

Never say never, but it appears Brock Lesnar’s career as a UFC fighter could be over once and for all.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Fighters react to Ronda Rousey's media blackout ahead of UFC 207

One of the top stories leading into Friday’s UFC 207 event surrounds Ronda Rousey’s decision to impose a media blackout prior to her women’s bantamweight championship headliner with Amanda Nunes.File read news >>

Nunes vs. Rousey: Career Stats, Highlights for Both Before UFC 207

After 411 days of waiting since her last fight, Ronda Rousey will make her long-awaited return to the Octagon against Amanda Nunes in the main event at UFC 207. Friday's bout represents an opportunit read news >>

Dana White confirms UFC 207 is Mike Goldberg’s last event as commentator

LAS VEGAS – Friday’s UFC 207 marks the end of an era as longtime commentator Mike Goldberg will call his last event for the promotion.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White Puts the MMA Career of Brock Lesnar to Bed | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Joshua Dahl-USA TODAY Sports Whether they’re voluntary or forced, hiatuses seem to be a common theme in the careers of MMA’s biggest stars. After his razor-close 2013 defeat of Johny Hendric read news >>

Dana White Puts the MMA Career of Brock Lesnar to Bed | FIGHTLAND

UFC 207 draws sold-out 18,533 attendance, a Las Vegas UFC record, for $4.75 million live gate

LAS VEGAS – Friday’s UFC 207 event drew an announced attendance of 18,533 and a live gate of $4.75 million.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>