Travis Prangley at UFC 54Heading into the fourth round of his King of the Cage light heavyweight title fight against reigning champion Tony Lopez last December, Trevor Prangley felt he had the fight in hand, when an illegal knee didn’t so much change the outcome of the fight, but how it came about.

“I was getting a little tired in the fourth round and was taking a little break on the cage and (Lopez) threw an illegal knee to the head,” said Prangley. “It was obviously blatantly illegal and I wanted to take the time to recover. The doctors asked me if I wanted to fight and I said I did, but that my jaw was hurting real bad and he stopped the fight.

“I didn’t stop the fight. I didn’t quit or try to stop the fight. They stopped it. I’ve never quit in a fight. Anybody that knows my career knows that.”

The fight went to the judges following the foul and Prangley was declared the winner by technical decision.

The win gives Prangley four victories in a row; a streak he hopes to continue when he returns to KOTC Friday night in his hometown of Coeur D’Alene, Idaho, on MAV TV against Justin Davis, who is a late replacement for Brandon Anderson.

“(Whoever steps into the cage with me) I think they’ll face a calmer, more relaxed Trevor,” he said. “I’m able to put things together better and focus on putting a string of offense together rather than going out and just trying to kill them with every punch.

“Now I fight for the pleasure of it and it’s made a big difference in how I approach fights and how I perform.”

MAV TV is not the only place fans will have a chance to see Prangley on television this month, as his turn as Lord in the film Dragon Eyes with Cung Le, Jean-Claude Van Damme and Peter Weller continues to run all month on Cinemax.

“Cung Le called me up and asked me if I wanted to take a part in the movie and I said I’d love to,” said Prangley. “It turned out to be a little more of a part than I thought it would be, but it was just a great experience. It’s a lot easier than fighting, I can tell you that much.

“Cung did most of the choreography himself and we all added our own little twist to it. Cung and myself basically built that last fight scene on the set while we were doing it and I thought it turned out great.”

Turning back to Prangley’s fighting career, as he continues to dedicate more time to coaching in his gym, fighting is becoming less of a priority and he told MMAWeekly.com that he may step away from the cage sooner rather than later.

“I hope to get a rematch with Tony later on this year, because I normally don’t take things personally in this sport, but that one I’d like,” said Prangley. “Other than that, I consider this being my last year. I turn 41 this year, and I’ve had a long, good run and there’s no need to push my luck.

“I’ve accomplished what I set out to in this sport and whatever happens is icing on the top.”

Bryan Caraway%26#x2019;s career blossoming after upsetting Aljamain Sterling (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Defeating the previously unbeaten No. 4-ranked bantamweight is nothing compared to the struggles Caraway has overcome in his personal life. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 88 Results: Jeremy Stephens Spoils Renan Barao’s Featherweight Debut

Jeremy Stephens scored the biggest win of his career on Sunday night, spoiling former bantamweight champion Rena Barao's arrival at 145 pounds. read news >>

Brock Lesnar: Latest News, Rumors and Speculation on Fighter's Potential Return

After he reignited his professional wrestling career, it looked as though Brock Lesnar's days in UFC were over, but the 38-year-old may be nearing a return to the Octagon. Continue for updates. Lesna read news >>

Rockhold vs. Bisping 2 Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 199

For the first time in his career, Michael Bisping is a UFC champion. Thanks to a left hook followed with some more shots against the cage, Bisping knocked out Luke Rockhold in the first round to beco read news >>

RFA Bantamweight Champion Leandro Higo to Carry Olympic Torch in Brazil

RFA bantamweight champion Leandro Higo is set to accomplish another career highlight just 45 days after capturing RFA gold. Higo will carry the Olympic Torch. read news >>

‘Kimbo Slice’ Wanted to Be Remembered as a Family Man and as a Fighter Who Evolved

Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson started his fighting career as a street fighter with heavy hands made famous by Youtube videos of his backyard brawls. read news >>

How Well Do You Remember the Career of Kimbo Slice?

Test your knowledge with a look back at the life and career of Kimbo Slice. read news >>

Ben Reiter Expecting to ‘Impose His Will’ at Bellator 156

Though he suffered the first loss of his career last November to Francisco France at Bellator 146, middleweight up-and-comer Ben Reiter doesn’t feel he was beaten in the fight. read news >>

Mike Santiago Taking Career to New Heights Heading into RFA 39

Following some rocky roads early on, Mike Santiago is taking his career to new heights heading into RFA 39. read news >>