Chad Griggs has been overlooked before, but Travis Browne won’t make that mistake when they meet April 21 at UFC 145.

“He has tons of heart,” Browne told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Savage Dog Show.” “He comes to fight every time, and you can’t take that away from him. He’s definitely that [opponent] you cannot overlook.”

Undefeated in 13 professional fights, Browne is seen as a quality prospect on his way up the UFC’s heavyweight ranks. Griggs is a hardnosed opponent, though, who’s already derailed one touted heavyweight’s fast track to the top. In August 2010, he handed Bobby Lashley the first loss of his career, forcing him to quit after the second round.

“I’ve been in his position, where I basically have nothing to lose and I have to try to do everything I can do to win,” Browne said. “I’ve been there, so I know what he’s going through. I’m going to have to fight with the same intensity and the same drive and the same intent to finish that fight.”

Griggs has lost just once, a submission defeat via kimura to Shane Ott in April 2007. Like Browne’s, his fights typically do not go the distance.

“Chad comes in and he tries to hit you and tries to hit you with everything he’s got,” Browne said. “It makes for a good style matchup for both of us. Sometimes I can get a little wide. Sometimes he can get a little wide. We’ll see who connects first and puts the other guy to sleep.”

Browne sees the matchup as a kind of eliminator between two entertaining heavyweights.

“It was one of those things where obviously [the UFC feels] like we’re at the same level,” he said. “He’s coming off three straight wins. I’m coming off two wins. I think they want to put two guys that have the potential to knock out somebody out -- they want to put them together and just kind of weed them out, see who’s moving forward and who needs to work on their game a little bit. That’s why they’re pitting both of us together.”

Of course, Browne is the favorite entering the fight, but he also knows Griggs has the potential to beat him.

“Right now he’s training to take away something from me that nobody else has been able to do yet,” Browne said. “At this point I look at him as the main threat. I take him just as seriously as I’ve taken anybody else that I’ve fought.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:34:26).

‘Bigfoot’ Silva wants to make Ben Rothwell pay for ‘punching bag’ comments

Ben Rothwell called Antonio Silva a "punching bag", but the Brazilian heavyweight won’t respond him -- for now. Riding a three-fight finishing streak, capped off by a first-round submission over Bren read news >>

UFC 188 Predictions: Can Cain Velasquez Finally Make a Splash in Mexico City?

Calling a "do-over" never felt so good. Cain Velasquez and Fabricio Werdum will finally meet to unify the heavyweight title on Saturday at UFC 188 in Mexico City. When they do, they'll make good on t read news >>

Manager: Anderson Silva won’t try out for the 2016 Olympics

Looks like Anderson Silva won’t try out for next year’s Olympic Games after all. The former UFC middleweight champion, and 5th dan black belt in taekwondo, announced in April his desire to represent read news >>

Uriah Hall vs. Krzysztof Jotko set for UFC Berlin with Derek Brunson hurt

Hot-and-cold Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight Uriah Hall will make a quick turnaround to fight Krzysztof Jotko at the upcoming UFC Fight Night 69 mixed martial arts (MMA) event on UF read news >>

No longer starving body to make 145, Dustin Poirier determined to put on a show

Already a dangerous fighter for anyone at featherweight, Dustin Poirier seems to have found his true home with the decision to move up to 155 pounds.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, Radio Highligh read news >>

Eddie Alvarez: 'I'm Going to Make Gilbert Melendez Pay for Wanting to Fight Me'

Eddie Alvarez and Gilbert Melendez are set to handle their business at UFC 188 on Saturday night in Mexico City. There is a large amount of buzz surrounding the clash between two of the elite lightwe read news >>

Vitor Belfort: I'm still at the top of my division and can make another run at the UFC title

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight No. 1 contender, Vitor Belfort, was blown away by Chris Weidman at the UFC 187 pay-per-view (PPV) event last month in Las Vegas, Nevada (video read news >>

Trading Shots: Struggling to make sense of Dan Henderson's complex career

In this week’s Trading Shots, retired UFC/WEC fighter Danny Downes joins MMAjunkie columnist Ben Fowlkes to discuss the long and complicated career of Dan Henderson, who simply refuses to hang up the read news >>

UFC Fight Night 68 results recap: Next matches to make for 'Boetsch vs Henderson' main card winners in New Orleans

After a memorable UFC Fight Night 68: "Boetsch vs Henderson" event, MMAmania.com ponders what is next for the main card winners who picked up victories last Saturday night (June 6, 2015) on the FOX S read news >>

UFC Fight Night 68: Fights to make for the main carders

UFC Fight Night 68 was one of the best cards in recent memory, but where do the main card fighters go from here? Tim B. gives his predictions. It seems like everything is better in New Orleans. The f read news >>