When looking at the current list of top ten competitors in the heavyweight division, there are only two names in the UFC that stand undefeated over the last two years.

One of them is UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos and the other is UFC on FX 5 headliner Travis Browne.

In the last two years since coming to the UFC, Browne has kept his record perfect while dispatching of four different opponents (and one draw to Cheick Kongo), and has looked very impressive along the way.

Browne put away Strikeforce transfer Chad Griggs in his last fight, and also has a knockout win to his credit over recent UFC on Fuel 5 main event winner Stefan Struve.

Quietly, Browne has amassed a great record in the UFC, pushed his way into the top ten, and now gets his first chance at a main event when he takes on Antonio ‘Bigfoot’ Silva at UFC on FX 5 this weekend.

Still through it all, Browne has remained one of the quietest guys in the division when it comes to title shot talk. It’s not because he doesn’t deserve it, but Browne won’t be the one calling for it to happen.

“I’m a firm believer in that. Once you start putting in your time and once you start developing into the fighter you need to develop into, other people do the talking for you,” Browne told MMAWeekly.com.

“That’s one thing I guess in a sense I’m kind of prideful cause I don’t like to talk about myself. I want to put on such a good performance that other people talk for me and that my reputation is built on what I did and not what I said.”

Browne isn’t a big believer in calling out other fighters or demanding any kind of match-up from UFC officials. He knows that if he goes out and competes and continues on his current winning streak, he will be placed into the biggest fights because he earned it, not because he talked about it.

“You know Joe Silva and Dana White, the reason the UFC’s where it’s at is because of those guys and the matches they’ve made in the past. I put my trust in them, that’s kind of something you do when you sign up with the UFC, and it’s worked for me,” said Browne.

“They’ve put me in a position to succeed and I’ve just taken advantage of the time that they’ve given me.”

With his first main event fight on the horizon, Browne’s status as the quiet contender may soon fade away because all eyes will be on him this Friday when he faces Silva in Minnesota.

If Browne wins again that will put his current undefeated streak in the UFC at five wins, and it will be hard to deny him being placed into contender status. Everyone might be talking about that come Saturday morning but Travis Browne won’t be one of them.

He’ll just be awaiting the call from UFC matchmaker Joe Silva like an assassin getting his next job assignment, where he will once again quietly creep up on the competition.

“I don’t mind flying under the radar. I let my performances speak for themselves and that’s something that I’m going to do whether I’m a champion, whether I’m not a champion, or where I’m at in the division,” Browne stated.

“I want to be as good as I can be for every fight I get and eventually my title shot will come.”

For more news and rumors make sure you’re following MMAWeekly.com on Twitter!

UFC 203 Countdown Video: Fabricio Werdum vs. Travis Browne

Former heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum and Travis Browne seek an emphatic win in a rematch of their 2014 bout in the UFC 203 co-main event. read news >>

UFC 203 Free Fight: Watch as Travis Browne Mauls Brendan Schaub

Travis Browne added another first-round knockout to his resume when he defeated Brendan Schaub at UFC 181. read news >>

Travis Browne, 'I'm Here to Piss in His Cheerios' (UFC 203 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Fabricio Werdum has hatched a plan, but seems to have forgotten that Travis Browne might have plans of his own for UFC 203. read news >>

The past and present of Werdum vs Browne

Fabricio Werdum defeated Travis Browne by decision in 2014 that ultimately led to a title shot. On Saturday at UFC 203 the two will meet again in a pivotal rematch. read news >>

Fabricio Werdum Kicks Travis Browne's Coach in Cage After Fight at UFC 203

UFC 203 will go down as one of the UFC's stranger cards, but even on a night with a 0-0 ex-WWE wrestler making his MMA debut, nothing tops what happened after the co-main event fight between Fabricio read news >>

UFC 203 Results: Fabricio Werdum Defeats Travis Browne in Controversial Fight | MMAWeekly.com

Former heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum bounced back from losing the title in his last outing by defeating Travis Browne in the UFC 203 co-main event. read news >>

Fabricio Werdum vs. Travis Browne Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 203

In his first match since losing the heavyweight title, Fabricio Werdum got back in the win column by defeating Travis Browne via unanimous decision at UFC 203 in Cleveland. According to Yahoo Sports' read news >>

UFC 203 Fight Highlights: Fabricio Werdum and Travis Browne's Controversial Fight | MMAWeekly.com

Former heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum took on sixth-ranked Travis Browne in the UFC 203 co-main event on Saturday in Cleveland, Ohio. read news >>

Fabricio Werdum Takes No Blame for Kicking Travis Browne's Coach (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

After Fabricio Werdum won at UFC 203, there was a heated exchange in the Octagon and he kicked Travis Browne's coach, but he's not taking the blame. read news >>

Fabricio Werdum vs. Travis Browne: One of the Grossest, Weirdest MMA Fights Ever

After a good night's rest (but not really), it's hard not to look back on UFC 203 with a raised eyebrow. There was no question that it was a solid event. Jimmie Rivera and Jessica Andrade established read news >>