11-Travis-Browne-TUF-17-Finale-w-478x270UFC heavyweight Travis Browne arrived in the UFC in 2010 and has gone 5-1-1 in his seven fights with the organization.  He takes on his biggest named opponent and toughest test to date at UFC Fight Night 26: Shogun vs. Sonnen on Saturday in Alistair Overeem.

During the lead-up to the event – that coincides with the launch of the Fox Sports 1 channel – Overeem has said that his experience is going to play a big factor in the fight.

The bout with Browne will be Overeem’s fiftieth mixed martial arts fight.  He also has fourteen kickboxing bouts, including winning the 2010 K-1 World Grand Prix.  Browne made his professional mixed martial arts debut in 2009 and has sixteen fights of experience.

“On paper it makes sense, but I’ve been fighting with guys that have three times as much experience as I do my entire career,” said Browne on a recent media conference call.

“I’ve had to learn fast. I’ve kind of come up the hard way in this sport and just a sense of my training partners and my coaches and that’s been something that I’ve been having to deal with since day one.”

Browne believes Overeem’s experience is being given too much credence.

“We’ll see on Saturday. Unless he throws something at me that I’ve never seen before, I’m not too sure that experience is really going to be the X-factor in the fight,” he said.

“As far as Alistair goes, he’s got a great fan base, he’s a great name fighter, and I look forward to competing against him.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Cain Velasquez: ‘I Want the Winner of Stipe Miocic and Alistair Overeem (Video)

Following his first-round finish of Travis Browne at UFC 200, former heavyweight titleholder Cain Velasquez wants to fight the winner of champion Stipe Moicic and Alistair Overeem. read news >>

UFC 200 Primer: Cain Velasquez vs. Travis Browne Head-to-Toe Breakdown

When the loaded UFC 200 pay-per-view gets underway it will be two of the best heavyweights in the world kicking off the show. No. 3-ranked* Cain Velasquez (13-2), according Bleacher Report's June MMA read news >>

UFC 200 Primer: Cain Velasquez vs. Travis Browne Head-to-Toe Breakdown

When the loaded UFC 200 pay-per-view gets underway, it will be two of the best heavyweights in the world kicking off the show. No. 3-ranked Cain Velasquez (13-2), according to Bleacher Report's June  read news >>

Cain Velasquez in a Do-or-Die Fight at UFC 200 Opposite Travis Browne

Cain Velasquez seemed completely unstoppable not all that long ago. His wrestling was too good. His hands were too heavy. His gas tank was too deep. He could outwrestle strikers, outstrike wrestlers read news >>

Cain Velasquez in a Do-or-Die Fight at UFC 200 Opposite Travis Browne

UFC 200 Results: Cain Velasquez is Back; Takes Out Travis Browne in First Round

Former UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez wasted little time re-establishing his position in the division, taking out Travis Browne at UFC 200. read news >>

Cain Velasquez vs. Travis Browne Results: Winner, Knockout Reaction from UFC 200

After more than a year away from the Octagon, Cain Velasquez is back in the heavyweight conversation with a first-round TKO win over Travis Browne on the main card at UFC 200 on Saturday. Bleacher Re read news >>

UFC 200 Video Highlights: Cain Velasquez Rolls Over Travis Browne

Former heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez returned to the Octagon on Saturday on the UFC 200 main card against contender Travis Browne. read news >>