Tito-Ortiz-UFC-148-Pre-Press-9081-478x270Former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz’s return to fighting will not interfere with his management of other fighters.

Shortly after announcing his retirement from fighting following his UFC 148 loss to Forrest Griffin on July 7, 2012, Ortiz formed Primetime 360 Entertainment and Sports Management with longtime business partner George Prajin.

“Primetime 360 Entertainment & Sports Management, Inc. is a full service agency based out of Huntington Beach, Calif., that represents up-and-coming mixed martial fighters, athletes in all sports, and artists working in film, television, and music,” read a press release when the company was formed in August 2012.

Ortiz recently inked a deal with Bellator MMA to return to fighting and will headline the organization’s first pay-per-view event in November against former UFC titleholder Quinton “Rampage” Jackson. Ortiz says his coming out of retirement will not affect his managing of athletes.

“It won’t affect my manager career at all,” said Ortiz on a recent media conference call.  “I’m not the only one running Primetime 360. (George Prajin is) one of my partners, and we’ve got a couple of other people that work with us closely and diligently as they possibly can.”

The first client Primetime 360 signed was Invicta featherweight champion Cris “Cyborg” Justino, formerly known as Cris Santos.

“Cris is going to continue to be champion, and continue to be dominant by being the baddest woman on the planet Earth and the number one pound-for-pound woman on this Earth,” said Ortiz. “We got a great team behind us with the trainers, with the management, with the PR group. Everything we’re going to do we’re going to continue doing.”

While competing in the UFC, Ortiz ran a clothing company and did some acting, among other things.  He’s used to multitasking.

“It’s not going to be any downside at all, I don’t think. I’ve been running Punishment Athletics since the beginning of 1999 while I was fighting,” he said.   “You can’t run a business on your own. You have other people that bring in the attributes of being the best you can possibly be and that’s what I’m going continue doing.

“I’m a workhorse,” added Ortiz.  “People who worked with me in the last company that I worked with, I was the workhorse. I was always on time for every meeting. I was pushing the company as hard as I possibly could, pushing the brand of mixed martial arts as hard as I possibly could.  And I’ll continue doing exactly the same thing.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Tito Ortiz vs. Chael Sonnen in the Works for Bellator | MMAWeekly.com

Tito Ortiz claims he is fighting Chael Sonnen under the Bellator banner. read news >>

Chael Sonnen vs. Tito Ortiz set for Jan. 21 in California as Bellator 170 headliner

As expected, “The Bad Guy” will indeed face “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy.”Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Chael Sonnen vs. Tito Ortiz Set for Bellator in Los Angeles | MMAWeekly.com

Chael Sonnen will make his Bellator debut against none other than Tito Ortiz, officials confirmed on Tuesday evening. read news >>

Tito Ortiz vs. Chael Sonnen Announced for Bellator 170: Comments, Reaction

Bellator will have perhaps the biggest night in its promotion history Jan. 21, when Tito Ortiz and Chael Sonnen headline Bellator 170 in Los Angeles. Scott Coker, Bellator's president, announced the read news >>

Knockout Radio LIVE: Tito Ortiz and Mickey Gall | MMAWeekly.com

Tune in Wednesday, Oct. 19, at 6 pm ET, for Knockout Radio LIVE! Randy Harris and the crew talk with Bellator's Tito Ortiz and Mickey Gall. read news >>

Chael Sonnen Will Fight Tito Ortiz… in Bellator | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC Free agency is a confounding phenomenon for any sports fan, but particularly so in mixed martial arts. In other sports, free agency disorients fans’ emotional stability read news >>

Tito Ortiz: 'Chael Sonnen Bit Off More Than He Can Chew' | MMAWeekly.com

Tito Ortiz says that he's been waiting for revenge against Chael Sonnen for 20 years and he plans on getting it when the two meet at Bellator 170. read news >>

Still Famous, Still Rich; Chael Sonnen Returns from the Principal's Office | MMAWeekly.com

Chael Sonnen returns from a two-year suspension to face Tito Ortiz at Bellator 170 in January, and it appears he hasn't skipped a beat. read news >>

Knockout Radio Podcast: Tito Ortiz and Mickey Gall | MMAWeekly.com

Join Knockout Radio as Randy Harris and the crew talk with Bellator's Tito Ortiz and Mickey Gall. Plus, they break down all the hottest MMA news! read news >>

Here's video of that Chael Sonnen vs. Tito Ortiz 'debate' – and a smashed juice box

It probably says something about the 2016 U.S presidential election that Chael Sonnen and Tito Ortiz’s recent “debate” didn’t seem that odd, comparatively speaking.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>