The decision has been made.

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz has shifted gears and accepted the fight with Rashad Evans on the UFC 133 fight card in Philadelphia on Aug. 6.

UFC president Dana White confirmed the bout on Wednesday afternoon.

Speaking with MMAWeekly.com on Wednesday, Ortiz admitted that it was a tough decision for him to make, but ultimately it came down to doing what was right for the UFC and for his fans.

“I’m kind of like do I do it for the company? Do I do it for myself? Do I do it for my fans? Or do I step back and wait for the right time and everything? I went through a camp that was really, really good. After the fight (against Ryan Bader), I took a little time off, and to correct you, it’s actually two weeks of training and a week of doing the PR stuff for the fight, so it’s putting in two weeks of hard work and could I pull it off?” Ortiz told MMAWeekly Radio.

“I made kind of a soft decision yesterday of saying I have to live a life, I’ve got to take care of my family at home, I have a business Punishment Athletics, I have a gym Punishment Training Center that’s doing really, really well right now, my nutrition line Punishment Nutrition that I just launched in July. I have so much business opportunities come about, but can I catapult this even more and continue this Cinderella story by taking this fight against Rashad Evans?”

Now that he’s made that decision, Ortiz will step in on three weeks notice to take the fight against Evans in the main event of UFC 133.

Ortiz knew that everyone was hopeful he would take the fight after the buzz of him initially turning down the bout hit the internet.

“It’s kind of funny because people care more about me coming and stepping in the fight and fighting than they care about Mr. Wonderful (Phil Davis) pulling out of the fight. (Lyoto) Machida denied the fight and people don’t care about that. All of a sudden everyone’s caring about me that Dana said I said no to a fight,” Ortiz said. “When he asked me, at the time, I was still basking in my glory of having my win, and I don’t really want to be overshined by the win I had by taking a fight on a two-week notice.”

Ultimately, Ortiz has opted to accept the fight and will rematch Rashad Evans in Philadelphia. Still riding the high from his last fight and win over Ryan Bader, Ortiz says he’s far from being done.

“Hopefully everybody will be happy. I’m happy; my camp’s happy. The future will hold great things for me, and this Cinderella story is not over yet,” said Ortiz.

“The UFC has been my livelihood since day one, before the Fertittas even bought the company. I was the champion and my life and soul was the Ultimate Fighting Championship. I’ve been one of the biggest promoters of the UFC, promoting it and help put it on the map, and thanks to all my fans who do support me.”

As for the match-up, Ortiz will face Evans for the second time when they meet at UFC 133. Ortiz and Evans first fought at UFC 73 in July 2007.

The fight ended in a draw after a point deduction from Ortiz’s score cost him a round. He’s wanted the rematch ever since.

“I’ve always wanted that fight against Rashad,” Ortiz stated. “He’s had a great camp, I’ve heard, over the last eight weeks or nine weeks. I know he hasn’t fought in over a year, and I really hope I make the right decision.”

Ortiz and Evans will square off in the main event of UFC 133 on Aug. 6 in Philadelphia.

Damon Martin is the lead staff writer and radio host for MMAWeekly.com.
@DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon a question or comment.

Follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Video: Champ Liam McGeary on trash talk, Tito Ortiz and Bellator 141

ST. LOUIS – Every time Bellator light heavyweight champ Liam McGeary turned on Twitter, there was Tito Ortiz.Filed under: Bellator, Featured Videos, News, Videos read news >>

Tito Ortiz: I've cleared a spot for Liam McGeary's Bellator title

ST. LOUIS – Bellator light heavyweight Tito Ortiz has a space in his office for all of his belts. Of course, all of them are from the UFC. Now he’s trying to add a Bellator title to his collection.Fi read news >>

UFC Full Fight Flashback: Lyoto Machida Knocks Out Rashad Evans

Looking for his seventh consecutive win in the UFC, Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida faced Rashad Evans for the light heavyweight title at UFC 98. read news >>

Tito Ortiz vs. Liam McGeary, one-night tourney headline Bellator-GLORY hybrid show

Tito Ortiz is coming back to the Bellator cage. And so is the tournament format. Ortiz will challenge Liam McGeary for the Bellator MMA light heavyweight title in the main event of a Bellator-GLORY h read news >>

Fedor Emelianenko headed to Bellator MMA fan fest on Thursday with Royce Gracie and Tito Ortiz

Bellator MMA is pumping up the excitement in the St. Louis market by offering a meet and greet with autograph opportunities for fans of various MMA legends. If you live in the St. Louis market and ca read news >>

The Light Heavyweight Division Could Use 1 More Run from Rashad Evans

It is easy to forget an athlete in the world in professional sports. One bad year or an injury can remove him from the conversation of who is the best in his field. Former light heavyweight champion  read news >>

Scott Coker thinks Kimbo Slice vs. Ken Shamrock could beat record Tito Ortiz-Stephan Bonnar ratings

The much-criticized fight between Tito Ortiz and Stephan Bonnar set a Bellator ratings record last November. And Scott Coker thinks another reviled bout could knock Ortiz-Bonnar off its throne. The B read news >>

Preview: The road to redemption ends at UFC 188 for Fabricio Werdum

UFC heavyweight interim titleholder Fabricio Werdum will try to complete his Cinderella story against reigning 265-pound champion Cain Velasquez, in tonight's (Sat., June 13, 2015) UFC 188 five-round read news >>

Video: Tito Ortiz offers 'proof' on why Ronda Rousey is afraid to fight Cris Cyborg

Tito Ortiz posted a video on his Instagram with the caption, "This is why Ronda Rousey won't fight Cris Cyborg." Since joining the UFC over two years ago, Ronda Rousey has been an unstoppable force a read news >>

Watch this new video from Tito Ortiz proving why Ronda Rousey is ducking Cris Cyborg

Why won't UFC 190 headliner Ronda Rousey fight Cristiane Justino? I mean beside the fact that "Cyborg" still isn't competing in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) bantamweight division, or that read news >>