Tim Hague at UFC 109Following his release from the UFC in 2010, heavyweight Tim “Trashing Machine” Hague picked up back-to-back wins before an admittedly lackluster performance against Mike Hackert in May derailed his momentum.

“I didn’t really do anything well,” said Hague. “He basically beat me with cardio, so that’s what I needed to work on the most and that’s what I worked on. I just re-dedicated myself to training and diet. That’s about it. I’m ready for this (rematch). That’s all I can say and I’ll prove it when I get into the ring.”

As Hague mentioned, he will be meeting back up with Hackert, this time at MFC 34 on Aug. 10 on AXS TV. Hague told MMAWeekly.com it was pretty much this rematch or nothing.

“That’s the only fight I wanted,” he said. “If I didn’t get that fight, I was going to take a break for a while. I’m thankful that (MFC president) Mark Pavelich was able to set it up and I’m prepared.”

Hague feels his cardio let him down in the first fight, thus his focus has been on when to apply the right amount of energy and capitalize on what he learned from their May fight.

“I’m ready to push the pace when I need to, and I also know that staying calm and relaxed is important,” said Hague. “I’m ready to both when I need to.

“He was able to move a little quicker than me. So I’ve trained for that, and I think the fans are in for an exciting finish this time around.”

A win on a nationally televised event could go a long way towards rebuilding Hague’s career, but as he states, the only thing that’s on his mind is good, old-fashioned revenge.

“I haven’t really thought past this fight at all,” he said. “It’s the only thing I’m really focused on. I guess I could say I’m a little obsessed with this fight.

“Beating Hackert is the only motivation I need. He embarrassed me in the first fight, and I have a one track mind, so smashing him is the only thing I can think of.”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Kyle O’Reilly Embraces the Convergence of Pro Wrestling and MMA

Heading into his match with UFC veteran Matt Riddle, Kyle O'Reilly embraces the convergence of pro wrestling and MMA. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 93 Results: 5 Burning Questions Heading into UFC 203

UFC Fight Night 93 is in the books. The results are as follows: Josh Barnett defeated Andrei Arlovski via submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:53 of the third round. Alexander Gustafsson defeated Jan B read news >>

Zac Riley Used to Underdog Role Heading into RFA 43 Against Boston Salmon

Zac Riley will look to pick up his third straight win for the RFA this Friday in Broomfield, Colorado, when he takes on another rising star in Boston Salmon. read news >>

Overeem focused on only title missing in collection

Alistair Overeem has captured many big trophies, but the UFC belt has eluded him. He can fix that at UFC 203 as he challenges UFC heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic. read news >>

Miocic counters Overeem talk of championship complacency

Alistair Overeem is in for a surprise if he really believes Stipe Miocic is distracted heading into his first title defense in his hometown. Miocic said as much Thursday at the UFC 203 pre-fight pres read news >>

Alexandre Bezerra Feels No Pressure Heading into Titan FC Title Fight | MMAWeekly.com

Alexandre Bezerra will look to keep his winning streak going when he makes his Titan FC debut on Friday to challenge Andre Harrison for the 145-pound title. read news >>

UFC 203 Results: 5 Burning Questions Heading into UFC Fight Night 94

UFC 203 is in the books. The results are as follows: UFC 203 Main Card Stipe Miocic def. Alistair Overeem, knockout (Round 1, 4:27) Fabricio Werdum def. Travis Browne, unanimous decision (29-27, 29-2 read news >>

UFC 203 Results: 5 Burning Questions Heading into UFC Fight Night 94

Chael Sonnen to Bellator: Latest Contract Details, Comments, Reaction

Veteran MMA fighter Chael Sonnen has left UFC and signed a multiyear deal with Bellator, Damon Martin of Fox Sports reported Thursday. MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani confirmed Martin's report. The 39-y read news >>

UFC Fight Night 94 Results: 5 Burning Questions Heading into Fight Night 95

UFC Fight Night 94 is in the books. The results are as follows: Main Card on Fox Sports 1 Michael Johnson def. Dustin Poirier, knockout (Round 1, 1:35) Derek Brunson def. Uriah Hall, TKO (Round 1, 1: read news >>