Nick Thompson's interview was posted on Feb 14.
- What do you think about Sengoku?
I think Sengoku will be a No.1 MMA event, because this event is held in a county which people understand MMA the most, and has top MMA fighters. I'm very honored to be a part of this event.

- What do you think about your opponent, Fabricio "Pitbull" Monteiro?
He has great techniques and he has defeated tough opponents before. His score is 16 won and 6 lost now and it will be 16 won and 7 lost on Mar 6.

- Tell me about your fight plan.
I imagine I will take a mount position and pound him. I know my Japanese fans support me and cheer me up.

- What do you want to show your fans?
I always aim at TKO victory or KO victory and I did it in last 10 fights.

- Do you have any fighters you want to fight in Sengoku?
I want to fight good Japanese fighters like Mach Sakurai.

- What would you like to achieve in MMA?
I have only one thing in my mind now. It's to be a champion in Sengoku.

- Any message to your fans?
I'm excited to fight in Japan, and you will be enthused watching my fight. I will do my best.

Cain Velasquez gives his side of the story on UFC 207 withdrawal

Former UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez posted a statement on his official Facebook page to explain his side of the story on the cancelation of his rematch with fellow ex-champ Fabricio Werdum read news >>

'Rizin FF 3: World GP 2016, Day 1' live video stream and official results (1 a.m. ET)

Rizin FF 3 takes place Thursday in Japan, and you can join us for the official results beginning at 1 a.m. ET (10 p.m. PT Wednesday).Filed under: News read news >>

Watch the UFC 207: Nunes vs. Rousey Weigh-in Live at 6 PM ET | MMAWeekly.com

Watch the UFC 207: Nunes vs. Rousey official weigh-in streaming live from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on Thursday at 6 pm ET. read news >>

Marquee Fighters Gear Up for UFC 207 Fight Week (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Women's bantamweight champ Amanda Nunes happily gets her official fight week duties underway. Bantamweight champ Dominick Cruz packs for Vegas. read news >>

Nunes vs. Rousey: Weigh-In Info, Top Comments Before UFC 207

The weigh-ins are over, the main event is official, the only thing left to do is get Amanda Nunes and Ronda Rousey in the Octagon to fight for the bantamweight title Friday night. Both Nunes and Rous read news >>

'Rizin FF Grand Prix Open Weight 2016: Finale' live video stream and official results (1 a.m. ET)

The Rizin FF Grand Prix Open Weight 2016 concludes today, and you can join us live results from the New Year’s Eve show beginning at 1 a.m. ET (10 p.m. PT Friday).Filed under: Featured, News read news >>

Amanda Nunes Urges Ronda Rousey to Retire After 48-Second Demolition at UFC 207

Amanda Nunes posted what could be a star-making performance at UFC 207 by beating the brakes off of Ronda Rousey in 48 seconds Friday night in Las Vegas. While the champ was gracious in victory and m read news >>

WSOF 34 live video stream and official results (1 p.m. ET)

WSOF 34 takes place today, and you can join us for a live video stream and official results beginning at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT).Filed under: News, Videos, WSOF read news >>

Champ Blagoy Ivanov vs. Shawn Jordan slated for WSOF 35 on Feb. 25

The heavyweight title will be on the line next month at WSOF 35.Filed under: News, WSOF read news >>

Cris Cyborg Wears Hijab in Effort to Unite Women (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Invicta FC 145-pound champion Cris Cyborg posted a video on Monday of herself training in a hijab in a show of support for "all women around the world." read news >>