Rameau Thierry SokoudjouIf one thing has eluded former Pride FC star Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou Nkamhoua throughout his career it’s been consistency. It seems like every time he’s taken one step forward, he takes a step back.

And while Sokoudjou has had trouble finding consistency, he has managed to rebound off of difficult times and prove he’s someone that cannot be counted out.

With that said, Sokoudjou is looking forward to making his Bellator debut on Friday after having lost his last two bouts, because he feels he can once again rebound and get things back on track.

“I’ve had a few tough years, but nothing worthwhile comes easy,” Sokoudjou told MMAWeekly.com. “I’ve had a bunch of up and downs, but that’s how life goes.

“I know I can do better. This time I made sure I’ve trained with the right people and did the right things and I’m ready.”

One thing Sokoudjou has done to make sure he doesn’t repeat the past is mix up his training routine.

“I think I’ve done a lot of things right since day one, but one thing I did wrong was train with the same guys over and over,” he said. “This time I went to different gyms, trained with different people who had different skills. Training with guys with different fight styles has helped this time.

“I can tell all the beautiful stories you want to hear, but when it comes to fight, everything comes out. I’ve done everything I can do to make sure my first fight in the US in a few years goes right.”

For his first fight in Bellator on Friday in Thackerville, Okla., Sokoudjou (14-12) will take on Terry Davinney (10-7), who is also looking to rebound off a two-fight losing streak.

“I know he’s a tough fighter, has a big left hand and is interesting because he changes his stance once in a while,” said Sokoudjou of Davinney. “I’ve just got to be myself. I’ve got to go there, blast him, take him down and beat him up.”

Having made changes of late to ensure he doesn’t fall into the same patterns he has in the past, going forward, Sokoudjou is focused on getting better and whatever comes of that is just a bonus.

“I know I’ve got the skills to be whatever I want to be, to do whatever I want to do, but I haven’t done that yet,” he said. “I feel like I can do better than I’ve done before.

“Championships come with good work. I don’t want to say I want to be a champion and just get there, I want to stay there. My goal is to get all the wins I can get and everything else will follow through.”

UFC Breakdown: Fight Focus Video – Andrei Arlovski vs. Josh Barnett

Former UFC fighter Dan Hardy breaks down all the potential in the main event of UFC Hamburg between Andrei Arlovski and Josh Barnett, which goes down Saturday. read news >>

Bellator Continues Global Expansion with Championship Fight in Israel

Bellator continues its global expansion under the leadership of company president Scott Coker with a November event in Israel. read news >>

Veta Arteaga Knows What She Signed Up for at Bellator 161 | MMAWeekly.com

Undefeated flyweight Veta Arteaga knows what she signed up for at Bellator 161, and she's ready. read news >>

Derek Campos Expecting Explosive Fight with Djamil Chan at Bellator 161 | MMAWeekly.com

Derek Campos steps into a Bellator 161 lightweight bout against Djamil Chan on Friday, in what could very well end up being a title elimination bout. read news >>

Did Bellator Find Its Own Paige VanZant in Russian Flyweight Anastasia Yankova?

Anastasia Yankova is very pretty. It feels disingenuous to start anywhere else. It's always been a part of her story, even back to her amateur days at a tournament where no one would cheer for her. S read news >>

Tony Johnson Believes a Win Over Cheick Kongo Paves Way to Bellator Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

Tony Johnson has worked his way into a heavyweight main event fight against Cheick Kongo at Bellator 161 on Friday. Is it his route to the title? read news >>

Mark Dickman Says He's a 'Step Above' Bellator 161 Opponent Daniel Pineda | MMAWeekly.com

Mark Dickman will make his return at Bellator 161 on Friday in Texas to take on local veteran Daniel Pineda in a preliminary card 145-pound bout. read news >>

Bellator 161: Kongo vs. Johnson Weigh-in Video and Results | MMAWeekly.com

The Bellator 161: Kongo vs. Johnson weigh-in is slated for Thursday, Sept. 15 at 6 p.m. ET / 3 p.m. PT. Watch it streaming live on MMAWeekly.com. read news >>

Chael Sonnen to Bellator: Latest Contract Details, Comments, Reaction

Veteran MMA fighter Chael Sonnen has left UFC and signed a multiyear deal with Bellator, Damon Martin of Fox Sports reported Thursday. MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani confirmed Martin's report. The 39-y read news >>

Chael Sonnen Leaves UFC, Signs with Bellator | MMAWeekly.com

Chael Sonnen has officially ended his retirement from MMA competition. But he's not coming back to the UFC. read news >>