Rameau Thierry SokoudjouIf one thing has eluded former Pride FC star Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou Nkamhoua throughout his career it’s been consistency. It seems like every time he’s taken one step forward, he takes a step back.

And while Sokoudjou has had trouble finding consistency, he has managed to rebound off of difficult times and prove he’s someone that cannot be counted out.

With that said, Sokoudjou is looking forward to making his Bellator debut on Friday after having lost his last two bouts, because he feels he can once again rebound and get things back on track.

“I’ve had a few tough years, but nothing worthwhile comes easy,” Sokoudjou told MMAWeekly.com. “I’ve had a bunch of up and downs, but that’s how life goes.

“I know I can do better. This time I made sure I’ve trained with the right people and did the right things and I’m ready.”

One thing Sokoudjou has done to make sure he doesn’t repeat the past is mix up his training routine.

“I think I’ve done a lot of things right since day one, but one thing I did wrong was train with the same guys over and over,” he said. “This time I went to different gyms, trained with different people who had different skills. Training with guys with different fight styles has helped this time.

“I can tell all the beautiful stories you want to hear, but when it comes to fight, everything comes out. I’ve done everything I can do to make sure my first fight in the US in a few years goes right.”

For his first fight in Bellator on Friday in Thackerville, Okla., Sokoudjou (14-12) will take on Terry Davinney (10-7), who is also looking to rebound off a two-fight losing streak.

“I know he’s a tough fighter, has a big left hand and is interesting because he changes his stance once in a while,” said Sokoudjou of Davinney. “I’ve just got to be myself. I’ve got to go there, blast him, take him down and beat him up.”

Having made changes of late to ensure he doesn’t fall into the same patterns he has in the past, going forward, Sokoudjou is focused on getting better and whatever comes of that is just a bonus.

“I know I’ve got the skills to be whatever I want to be, to do whatever I want to do, but I haven’t done that yet,” he said. “I feel like I can do better than I’ve done before.

“Championships come with good work. I don’t want to say I want to be a champion and just get there, I want to stay there. My goal is to get all the wins I can get and everything else will follow through.”

‘Baby Slice’ Faces Jonathan Tomasian in Pro Debut at Bellator 160

“Baby Slice” Kevin Ferguson Jr.'s Bellator arrival was trending on social media for two-straight days. On Monday, Bellator confirmed his first challenge. read news >>

Bellator 160 Adds Female Flyweight Bout to Main Card

A flyweight matchup pitting Lena Ovchynnikova against Jaimelene Nievera has been added to the main card of Bellator 160: Henderson vs. Pitbull. read news >>

Melvin Guillard Fined and Suspended by Kansas Commission for Banned Non-PED

Bellator fighter Melvin Guillard was suspended by the Kansas Athletic Commission on Friday for a positive drug test result for a non-performance-enhancing substance. read news >>

Chinzo Machida Makes Promotional Debut at Bellator 160

Chinzo Machida, brother of former UFC champion Lyoto Machida, will make his promotional debut at “Bellator 160: Henderson vs. Pitbull.” read news >>

Former Champ Joe Warren Faces Sirwan Kakai in Bellator 161 Co-Main Event

A bantamweight showdown pitting Joe Warren against Sirwan Kakai has been added to the main card of Bellator 161: Kongo vs. Johnson. read news >>

Bellator 161 Main Card Complete with Addition of Derek Campos vs. Djamil Chan

A lightweight bout pitting Derek Campos against knockout specialist Djamil Chan has been added to the SPIKE-televised portion of “Bellator 161: Kongo vs. Johnson." read news >>

Diaz vs. McGregor 3: Latest News, Rumors, Speculation on Potential Rematch

Conor McGregor has said he is ready to go to war with Nate Diaz for a third time after his win at UFC 202 on Saturday night. The Irishman edged a thrilling bout by majority decision after five pulsat read news >>

Brock Lesnar Comments on Potential Return to UFC

WWE superstar Brock Lesnar acknowledged the possibility of one day returning to the UFC to resume his MMA career. "There will be a day, maybe, that they might see me back in the Octagon," Lesnar told read news >>

McGregor vs. Diaz 3: Dana White Comments on Potential Rematch in TMZ Interview

UFC President Dana White has said there will be no trilogy of fights between Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz after noting he's "moving on." Both fighters expressed an interest in a third match after McG read news >>

Welterweight Li Jingliang Notified of Potential Anti-Doping Violation

Chinese welterweight Li Jingliang was notified by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency of a potential policy violation stemming from his July 8 fight against Anton Zafir. read news >>