Rameau Thierry SokoudjouIf one thing has eluded former Pride FC star Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou Nkamhoua throughout his career it’s been consistency. It seems like every time he’s taken one step forward, he takes a step back.

And while Sokoudjou has had trouble finding consistency, he has managed to rebound off of difficult times and prove he’s someone that cannot be counted out.

With that said, Sokoudjou is looking forward to making his Bellator debut on Friday after having lost his last two bouts, because he feels he can once again rebound and get things back on track.

“I’ve had a few tough years, but nothing worthwhile comes easy,” Sokoudjou told MMAWeekly.com. “I’ve had a bunch of up and downs, but that’s how life goes.

“I know I can do better. This time I made sure I’ve trained with the right people and did the right things and I’m ready.”

One thing Sokoudjou has done to make sure he doesn’t repeat the past is mix up his training routine.

“I think I’ve done a lot of things right since day one, but one thing I did wrong was train with the same guys over and over,” he said. “This time I went to different gyms, trained with different people who had different skills. Training with guys with different fight styles has helped this time.

“I can tell all the beautiful stories you want to hear, but when it comes to fight, everything comes out. I’ve done everything I can do to make sure my first fight in the US in a few years goes right.”

For his first fight in Bellator on Friday in Thackerville, Okla., Sokoudjou (14-12) will take on Terry Davinney (10-7), who is also looking to rebound off a two-fight losing streak.

“I know he’s a tough fighter, has a big left hand and is interesting because he changes his stance once in a while,” said Sokoudjou of Davinney. “I’ve just got to be myself. I’ve got to go there, blast him, take him down and beat him up.”

Having made changes of late to ensure he doesn’t fall into the same patterns he has in the past, going forward, Sokoudjou is focused on getting better and whatever comes of that is just a bonus.

“I know I’ve got the skills to be whatever I want to be, to do whatever I want to do, but I haven’t done that yet,” he said. “I feel like I can do better than I’ve done before.

“Championships come with good work. I don’t want to say I want to be a champion and just get there, I want to stay there. My goal is to get all the wins I can get and everything else will follow through.”

Matt Mitrione Gets Medical Clearance for Bellator 158: London

Matt Mitrione has cleared medical testing and will now face “Britain’s Strongest Man” winner Oli Thompson during the main card of Bellator 158: London. read news >>

UFC Statement on Daniel Omielanczuk

The UFC organization was notified today that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency informed Daniel Omielanczuk of a potential Anti-Doping Policy Violation involving Meldonium, a prohibited substance on the Wor read news >>

Ricardo Abreu Latest Fighter Flagged for UFC Anti-Doping Violation

UFC middleweight Ricardo Abreu on Sunday became the latest fighter flagged for a potential UFC Anti-Doping Policy violation. read news >>

Injury to Linton Vassell Causes Bellator 158 Main Card Shift

An injury to Linton Vassell has derailed his summer plans of competing in front of his fellow Englishmen against Francis Carmont at Bellator 158: London. read news >>

Jon Jones Removed from UFC 200 vs. Daniel Cormier for Potential Doping Violation

Jon Jones will reportedly not be allowed to fight against Daniel Cormier at UFC 200 on Saturday after he was flagged for a potential anti-doping violation, according to Fox Sports UFC on Twitter. MMA read news >>

HOT TWEETS: Twitter Melts Down Over Jon Jones Being Pulled from UFC 200

Jon Jones was pulled from UFC 200 for a potential anti-doping violation and the MMA community is collectively sad, angry, upset, sad, confused, sad, but also mostly sad. read news >>

Daniel Cormier Reacts to Jon Jones' UFC 200 Removal, Potential Doping Violation

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier admitted to being "very sad" and "very disappointed" by the news that Jon Jones has been pulled from their title fight at UFC 200 because of a potential read news >>

Jon Jones Upset, but Unbroken, by Potential UFC 200 Anti-Doping Violation

Though a potential anti-doping policy violation has forced him off the UFC 200 fight card, Jon Jones is upset, but not unbroken, as he moves forward. read news >>

Mark Hunt Comments on Potential Brock Lesnar Rematch, UFC Sale and More with TMZ

UFC heavyweight Mark Hunt would like a rematch with Brock Lesnar after his unanimous-decision loss at UFC 200 and said he wasn't happy with the drug-testing exemptions the WWE star received ahead of read news >>

Key Moments in UFC History: The UFC vs Pride FC Rivalry (Video)

There have been many key moments in UFC history; one of them was the UFC vs. Pride rivalry. Take a look back as Dana White talks about sending Chuck Liddell to Pride. read news >>