Rameau Thierry SokoudjouIf one thing has eluded former Pride FC star Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou Nkamhoua throughout his career it’s been consistency. It seems like every time he’s taken one step forward, he takes a step back.

And while Sokoudjou has had trouble finding consistency, he has managed to rebound off of difficult times and prove he’s someone that cannot be counted out.

With that said, Sokoudjou is looking forward to making his Bellator debut on Friday after having lost his last two bouts, because he feels he can once again rebound and get things back on track.

“I’ve had a few tough years, but nothing worthwhile comes easy,” Sokoudjou told MMAWeekly.com. “I’ve had a bunch of up and downs, but that’s how life goes.

“I know I can do better. This time I made sure I’ve trained with the right people and did the right things and I’m ready.”

One thing Sokoudjou has done to make sure he doesn’t repeat the past is mix up his training routine.

“I think I’ve done a lot of things right since day one, but one thing I did wrong was train with the same guys over and over,” he said. “This time I went to different gyms, trained with different people who had different skills. Training with guys with different fight styles has helped this time.

“I can tell all the beautiful stories you want to hear, but when it comes to fight, everything comes out. I’ve done everything I can do to make sure my first fight in the US in a few years goes right.”

For his first fight in Bellator on Friday in Thackerville, Okla., Sokoudjou (14-12) will take on Terry Davinney (10-7), who is also looking to rebound off a two-fight losing streak.

“I know he’s a tough fighter, has a big left hand and is interesting because he changes his stance once in a while,” said Sokoudjou of Davinney. “I’ve just got to be myself. I’ve got to go there, blast him, take him down and beat him up.”

Having made changes of late to ensure he doesn’t fall into the same patterns he has in the past, going forward, Sokoudjou is focused on getting better and whatever comes of that is just a bonus.

“I know I’ve got the skills to be whatever I want to be, to do whatever I want to do, but I haven’t done that yet,” he said. “I feel like I can do better than I’ve done before.

“Championships come with good work. I don’t want to say I want to be a champion and just get there, I want to stay there. My goal is to get all the wins I can get and everything else will follow through.”

Brennan Ward open to Bellator title fight after concluding perfect year with Rizin win

Brennan Ward’s perfect year of competition, in which he defeated and stopped all four opponents he faced, has him hungry for that success to spill over into 2016.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Michael Page Returns in Bellator 151 Co-Main Event

The "Bellator 151: Warren vs. Caldwell" co-main event features the return of undefeated Michael "Venom" Page. read news >>

Fernando Gonzalez vs. Michael Page gets Bellator 151 co-main event spot

Michael Page will take the next step in his Bellator career when he faces streaking welterweight Fernando Gonzalez at Bellator 151.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Derek Anderson injured, Patricky 'Pitbull' Freire meets Ryan Couture at Bellator 148

An injury to Derek Anderson has forced him off Bellator 148’s main card and Patricky Freire will step in to face Ryan Couture at the Jan. 29 event.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Four preliminary-card bouts added to Bellator 148 in Fresno, Calif.

Bellator’s card in Fresno, Calif., later this month may have undergone a change at the top recently, but its prelims today continued to grow.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

UFC contender Yoel Romero notified of potential USADA violation

UFC middleweight contender Yoel Romero is the latest fighter who’s possibly run afoul of the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

USADA Informs Yoel Romero of Potential Out-of-Competition Anti-Doping Violation

Yoel Romero ended 2015 with a split decision win over Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza to set himself up for a possible middleweight title shot in 2016, but that may have just come to a screeching halt. On Tue read news >>

Reactions to Yoel Romero's potential testing failure (Kennedy, Bisping bring the fire)

UFC middleweight contender Yoel Romero was given notice of a potential USADA drug-testing failure today, and it’s news that apparently came as little surprise to many of his fellow fighters.Filed und read news >>

UFC Middleweight Contender Yoel Romero Notified of Potential Anti-Doping Violation

The United States Anti-Doping Agency on Tuesday informed the UFC of a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation by middleweight contender Yoel Romero. read news >>

CM Punk vs. Mickey Gall: Latest News, Rumors on Potential Fight

UFC President Dana White revealed former WWE Superstar CM Punk will fight Mickey Gall in his first bout with the promotion provided Gall is victorious in his February debut. White announced the news  read news >>