Rameau Thierry SokoudjouIf one thing has eluded former Pride FC star Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou Nkamhoua throughout his career it’s been consistency. It seems like every time he’s taken one step forward, he takes a step back.

And while Sokoudjou has had trouble finding consistency, he has managed to rebound off of difficult times and prove he’s someone that cannot be counted out.

With that said, Sokoudjou is looking forward to making his Bellator debut on Friday after having lost his last two bouts, because he feels he can once again rebound and get things back on track.

“I’ve had a few tough years, but nothing worthwhile comes easy,” Sokoudjou told MMAWeekly.com. “I’ve had a bunch of up and downs, but that’s how life goes.

“I know I can do better. This time I made sure I’ve trained with the right people and did the right things and I’m ready.”

One thing Sokoudjou has done to make sure he doesn’t repeat the past is mix up his training routine.

“I think I’ve done a lot of things right since day one, but one thing I did wrong was train with the same guys over and over,” he said. “This time I went to different gyms, trained with different people who had different skills. Training with guys with different fight styles has helped this time.

“I can tell all the beautiful stories you want to hear, but when it comes to fight, everything comes out. I’ve done everything I can do to make sure my first fight in the US in a few years goes right.”

For his first fight in Bellator on Friday in Thackerville, Okla., Sokoudjou (14-12) will take on Terry Davinney (10-7), who is also looking to rebound off a two-fight losing streak.

“I know he’s a tough fighter, has a big left hand and is interesting because he changes his stance once in a while,” said Sokoudjou of Davinney. “I’ve just got to be myself. I’ve got to go there, blast him, take him down and beat him up.”

Having made changes of late to ensure he doesn’t fall into the same patterns he has in the past, going forward, Sokoudjou is focused on getting better and whatever comes of that is just a bonus.

“I know I’ve got the skills to be whatever I want to be, to do whatever I want to do, but I haven’t done that yet,” he said. “I feel like I can do better than I’ve done before.

“Championships come with good work. I don’t want to say I want to be a champion and just get there, I want to stay there. My goal is to get all the wins I can get and everything else will follow through.”

Veteran heavyweight Josh Barnett notified of potential USADA violation

The UFC today announced that USADA has notified UFC heavyweight Josh Barnett of a potential anti-doping violation stemming from a Dec. 9 out-of-competition drug test.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Josh Barnett Flagged for Potential Anti-Doping Violation | MMAWeekly.com

UFC heavyweight Josh Barnett has been flagged for a potential anti-doping violation. UFC officials made the announcement on Tuesday. read news >>

Chael Sonnen passes pre-fight drug test for Bellator 170 headliner vs. Tito Ortiz

Bellator light heavyweight Chael Sonnen is off to a good start with his new promoter. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 170 lineup set with Derek Anderson-Derek Campos on main card, Ruth-Schneider on prelims

The lineup for next month’s Bellator 170 is official and complete with the addition of two more fights for card in Southern California.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 170: Ortiz vs. Sonnen Fight Card Complete with 17 Bouts | MMAWeekly.com

The stacked main card of “Bellator 170: Ortiz vs. Sonnen” has added even more ammo to its arsenal with the news that Derek Campos will face Derek Anderson. read news >>

Ronda Rousey's Mom Comments on Star's Potential Retirement After UFC 207 Loss

Following Ronda Rousey's stunning 48-second loss to Amanda Nunes in Las Vegas at UFC 207 on Friday night, Rousey's mother, AnnMaria De Mars, expressed hope her daughter would consider retirement. As read news >>

Tony Ferguson, Khabib Nurmagomedov Spar over Terms of Potential Blockbuster

Khabib Nurmagomedov is putting considerable money where his considerable mouth is, but Tony Ferguson isn't backing away from what he says he needs for their fight to happen. Nurmagomedov, who is know read news >>

Bellator 170: Tito Ortiz and Chael Sonnen Media Call Audio | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator 170 main eventers Tito Ortiz and Chael Sonnen fielded questions from the media ahead of the Jan. 21 event at the Forum in Los Angeles. read news >>

Demi Lovato Left Luke Rockhold for a Guy from Bellator | MMAWeekly.com

Let's hope Luke Rockhold doesn't take it too hard. At least not, for his sake, on the chin. read news >>

Tito Ortiz says Chael Sonnen will '(expletive) himself' and drown 'in his own blood' at Bellator 170

Tito Ortiz is at his most intense when he’s about to head into a fight. Add in the fact Ortiz doesn’t like his opponent, and the volume gets cranked up even louder.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>