TUF 17 Team Jones vs Team Sonnen Ultimate Fighter LogoIt was revealed in last week’s episode that Team Jones’ Bubba McDaniel would face Team Sonnen’s Kevin Casey in the wild card match to determine who gets a second chance at the competition.

McDaniel called out Casey earlier in the season.  He wanted to face Casey in the preliminary round.  He ended up taking on Kelvin Gastelum instead, and lost by submission while Casey was defeated by Collin Hart.

“I do feel more pressure to win this fight.  I’m not going to lie.  I feel a pretty good bit of pressure because I did come into the house as one of the top guys, and I did go out and got beat,” said McDaniel.

“This win means everything to me.  I don’t want to go home a loser a second time,” said Casey.  “Bubba called me out at the beginning of the show and now it’s on.  May the best man win.”

Bubba McDaniel vs. Kevin Casey

The opening round was a grappling contest.  Casey quickly pulled guard and got the fight to the ground.  He stood and powered McDaniel to the canvas.  He passed McDaniel’s guard three times.  McDaniel worked his way back to his feet only to be taken down again.  Casey was in complete control.

The second round would be different.  McDaniel landed a leg kick to start the round and Casey quickly clinched.  McDaniel landed punches and knees to the body before Casey pulled guard.  McDaniel battered Casey to the body and head with punches and elbows for the duration of the round.  Casey was slow to get back to his feet when the round ended.

Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer notified the fighters that there would be a third round, but Casey couldn’t continue.  He quit on his stool between rounds.

McDaniel asked, “Does that count as a finish?”  UC president Dana White replied, “Yeah, we’ll give it to you.”  McDaniel gained $5,000 and a rebirth back into the competition.

“I felt great in the first round and about mid-second round I felt my body starting to go down.  In 2010, I had a similar situation where I had kidney failure during a fight, so it kind of happened to me again,” said Casey after the loss.

Casey was taken by ambulance to the hospital for observation.

“I’m back in it.  I won my fight and I felt good about it,” said McDaniel.  “I looked at his face before we stood up.  They were telling me, ‘get ready for a third round.’  I said, ‘He ain’t getting off the stool.’  That’s the coolest thing that I’ve ever had happen in a fight.  I beat a dude and took his will where he didn’t want to come out and fight no more.  It feels great.”

Coaches Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen were called to a room with Dana White to deliberate the quarterfinal match ups.  Each fighter was called in and asked who they wanted to face.

McDaniel was the first fighter called in.  McDaniel said he’d like to face either Jimmy Quinlan or Luke Barnatt.  Quinlan requested to fight McDaniel.

Dylan Andrews asked to fight Barnatt.  Barnatt asked for McDaniel or Andrews.  Kelvin Gastelum said he’d like to face Collin Hart.  Hart asked for a bout with Uriah Hall.  Hall didn’t hesitate in asking to fight Josh Samman.  Samman requested to face Quinlan.

The coaches told White the matches they wanted to make.

The fighters were gathered to announce the quarterfinal matches.

The first quarterfinal bout announced was Collin Hart vs. Kelvin Gastelum.  Andrews will face Barnatt in the quarterfinals.  Both fights will be featured in next week’s episode.

The next bout announced was Samman vs. Quinlan.  The final quarterfinal match will be between Uriah Hall and Bubba McDaniel.

'TUF 21: ATT vs. Blackzilians,' blog: Michael Graves on episode No. 3

In his weekly blog for MMAjunkie, “The Ultimate Fighter 21? cast member and American Top Team representative Michael Graves discusses the season’s third show.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

TUF 21 American Top Team vs. Blackzilians: Episode 3 Recap and Results

The Ultimate Fighter 21 returned this week with the Blackzilians up and American Top Team looking to get a win on the board. Also, the rivalry looked to amp up from the already meltdown levels they a read news >>

Jorge Masvidal: Matches to Make for Him in the Welterweight Division

For the first time since he battled Paul Daley in September 2010, Jorge Masvidal is planning to compete in the welterweight division. Masvidal's decision was revealed on "UFC Tonight" by Fox Sports 1 read news >>

Episode No. 3 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter 21: ATT vs. Blackzilians'

Check out a recap of episode No. 3 of “The Ultimate Fighter 21,” the first gym vs. gym season of the UFC’s long-running reality series.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 21 live discussion: Episode 3

Tonight, we have you covered for live coverage of episode 3 of The Ultimate Fighter. TUF: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians airs tonight at 10 pm on Fox Sports 1. Join us here for live discussion. T read news >>

TUF 21 results, recap (Ep. 3) for 'ATT vs. Blackzilians'

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 21 returns to FOX Sports 1 later tonight (Weds., May 6, 2015) at 10 p.m. ET, featuring episode three of the combat sports reality show, pitting American Top Team (ATT) agai read news >>

Whoops! Jon Jones bombarded by callers after court docs revealed home address and phone number

Hey, remember those court documents that were released to the media last week, the ones that went into great detail about the hit-and-run accident allegedly caused by former Ultimate Fighting Champio read news >>

Bellator signs Blackzilians heavyweight knockout artist Lorenzo Hood

Not every good Blackzilians prospect is on The Ultimate Fighter 21. Actually one of them is off to Bellator MMA. Lorenzo Hood, a heavyweight slugger, signed with Bellator this week, the organization read news >>

Diego Sanchez: Matches to Make for Him in the Featherweight Division

Inactive since a controversial decision win over Ross Pearson 11 months ago, Diego Sanchez is planning a move down to 145 pounds. On The MMA Road Show, Diego Sanchez told John Morgan that he made the read news >>

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao results: Judges' scorecards revealed for Mayweather's decision win

Check out how the judges at ringside scored Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao. Floyd Mayweather took a unanimous decision win over Manny Pacquiao in boxing's big fight in Las Vegas. There wasn't mu read news >>