Tank Abbott didn’t just write a novel. He wrote three.

The first work in the trilogy, “Bar Brawler,” is available now on Amazon.com as a paperback and as a Kindle download. It tells the story of Walter Foxx, a fictional character described as “Happening Beach, California’s most feared bar brawler.”

To fight fans, Foxx may sound a lot like Abbott himself. The character’s adventures may also echo many of Abbott’s.

“It’s up for you to figure out if it’s true or not, but if I was a betting man, it’s pretty close to being true,” Abbott told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “But I made things up and made people up and everything else, so it’s just a novel and people can make what they want of it.”

Abbott did acknowledge that he had plenty of real-life material to work from as a writer. He estimated that before debuting in the UFC with a violent knockout of John Matua in July 1995, he’d already had some 200 street fights.

“I can draw on some things and put them into stories, so to speak,” Abbott said.

Of course, an autobiography may have also been interesting, but Abbott said he didn’t think such a work on his life would have been “legally possible.” Instead, he turned to fiction.

“I made sure I had a couple of drinks in me before I’d start taking pen to paper,” Abbott said.

He wrote in spiral notebooks, filling 12 to 13 of them over the course of several years. The second installment, “Street Warrior,” is expected to be released in January. “Cage Fighter” will conclude the trilogy, which is being published by Full Circle Press.

“There could be 10,000 pages of fights if I was going on my memory, but … every fight in the book has a purpose and a meaning and it’s written very metaphorically,” Abbott said. “Everything has a purpose. It’s not just like a biography where someone says, ‘Oh, I was wrestling in high school and then I went to college and I dropped out because my girlfriend wouldn’t write papers anymore,’ that kind of stuff. … It’s not one of those things. It’s kind of like ‘Old Man and the Sea.’ It’s about finding your meaning in life and being lucky enough to live it.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 2:32:10).

New rule: If you miss weight, you don't get to act like a jerk when you win

Alex Oliveira didn’t even come close to making weight for his fight with Will Brooks. So why, after he won via third-round TKO, did he still think he had the right to be a jerk about?Filed under: Fea read news >>

Champ Michael Bisping: UFC 204 fight with Dan Henderson is not a rematch

UFC middleweight champ Michael Bisping claims he didn’t watch his 2009 knockout loss to Dan Henderson until his promoter booked a rematch at Saturday’s UFC 204. As you might imagine, the footage made read news >>

Dana White doesn't think a trilogy fight with Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz will happen

The UFC boss explained why he isn’t sure the fight will happen but we really hope money will eventually talk and we’ll get a third and final fight between these two. read news >>

Champ Daniel Cormier: Training, not money, was the reason I didn’t fight Anthony Johnson at UFC 205

Light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier today defended his decision not to fight Anthony Johnson at next month’s UFC 205, telling MMAjunkie Radio he’s earned the right to have a full training camp read news >>

Saying Goodbye to a Friend: MMA Bids Farewell to Josh Samman

I wanted to write something beautiful for my friend Josh Samman, a UFC fighter who died Wednesday at 28. After lingering for days in a coma that was both heartening and terrifying at the same time, J read news >>

Nate Diaz taunts Conor McGregor after recent comments about trilogy fight

Nate Diaz fires back at Conor McGregor read news >>

Nate Diaz calls out Conor McGregor for trilogy fight

Conor McGregor believes Nate Diaz took so much damage in their second fight at UFC 202 that it would be in his best interest to leave it at 1-1.Don't expect Conor McGregor to challenge Nate Diaz read news >>

Veteran Japanese fighter Tatsuya Kawajiri says he's asked for release from UFC contract

Although he didn’t lay out any specific reasons, you can Tatsuya Kawajiri to the list of fighters who have said they want out of the UFC. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC: Nate Diaz Calls Out Conor McGregor for Trilogy Bout

Nate Diaz has once again called out Conor McGregor for a potential third and final bout between two of the UFC's bitterest of rivals.Just when you think that the rivalry between Nate Diaz and Co read news >>

Nate Diaz taunts Conor McGregor about trilogy fight comments

Conor McGregor had some choice words to say about Nate Diaz’s health after their last fight… and those comments didn’t go unnoticed by Diaz. read news >>