Tank Abbott didn’t just write a novel. He wrote three.

The first work in the trilogy, “Bar Brawler,” is available now on Amazon.com as a paperback and as a Kindle download. It tells the story of Walter Foxx, a fictional character described as “Happening Beach, California’s most feared bar brawler.”

To fight fans, Foxx may sound a lot like Abbott himself. The character’s adventures may also echo many of Abbott’s.

“It’s up for you to figure out if it’s true or not, but if I was a betting man, it’s pretty close to being true,” Abbott told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “But I made things up and made people up and everything else, so it’s just a novel and people can make what they want of it.”

Abbott did acknowledge that he had plenty of real-life material to work from as a writer. He estimated that before debuting in the UFC with a violent knockout of John Matua in July 1995, he’d already had some 200 street fights.

“I can draw on some things and put them into stories, so to speak,” Abbott said.

Of course, an autobiography may have also been interesting, but Abbott said he didn’t think such a work on his life would have been “legally possible.” Instead, he turned to fiction.

“I made sure I had a couple of drinks in me before I’d start taking pen to paper,” Abbott said.

He wrote in spiral notebooks, filling 12 to 13 of them over the course of several years. The second installment, “Street Warrior,” is expected to be released in January. “Cage Fighter” will conclude the trilogy, which is being published by Full Circle Press.

“There could be 10,000 pages of fights if I was going on my memory, but … every fight in the book has a purpose and a meaning and it’s written very metaphorically,” Abbott said. “Everything has a purpose. It’s not just like a biography where someone says, ‘Oh, I was wrestling in high school and then I went to college and I dropped out because my girlfriend wouldn’t write papers anymore,’ that kind of stuff. … It’s not one of those things. It’s kind of like ‘Old Man and the Sea.’ It’s about finding your meaning in life and being lucky enough to live it.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 2:32:10).

Video: Check out the intense Chris Weidman-Vitor Belfort UFC 187 face-off

LAS VEGAS – It didn’t quite get out of control, but there was definitely plenty of tension in the air for today’s co-main event face-off for UFC 187. Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

UFC 187's Chris Weidman has no interest in Anderson Silva trilogy: 'It's clear to everyone he'll never beat me'

Anderson Silva is finally in Chris Weidman's rear-view mirror. And "All American" wants it to stay that way. After dethroning the longtime Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight champion a read news >>

UFC Fight Night 65 results: Bec Rawlings brutalizes Lisa Ellis for first-round choke

ADELAIDE, Australia – Bec Rawlings didn’t get off to the greatest start against Lisa Ellis, but that didn’t stop her from achieving a great ending.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Ben Nguyen: Not Your Typical UFC Debut Story

If you never heard of Ben Nguyen before March 8, 2014, you probably didn’t think that his fight against Julian Rabaud was going to go too well for him. Now tattoos never won a fight, but you figure t read news >>

Fan Perspective: Did the Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao fight kill boxing?

The “Fight of the Century” didn’t quite live up to the hype for the majority of fans. But did the bout actually do damage to the sport of boxing? “Showdown” Joe Ferraro gets fans’ take on the matter. read news >>

Mark Hunt Video: ‘I See Myself as a Modern-Day Gladiator’

Built like a tank and proud of it, Mark Hunt sees himself as a modern-day gladiator. read news >>

Manny Pacquiao: I thought I won the fight; Mayweather ‘didn’t do nothing’

Manny Pacquiao believes he defeated Floyd Mayweather on Saturday night’s ‘Fight of the Century.’ On Saturday night, the combat sports universe collectively tuned in for the biggest fight in a generat read news >>

Imagining the UFC Light Heavyweight Division Without Jon Jones

This is a story we didn’t think we’d need for another decade or so. As of last Friday, Jon Jones’ place atop the UFC light heavyweight division seemed as secure as any in the MMA universe. Then came read news >>