Cameron Dollar Ultimate Fighter 9 FinaleFor former Ultimate Fighter 9 cast member Cameron “Money Man” Dollar, his win over former UFC featherweight Tyler “Thunder” Toner at Ring of Fire 43 was something he felt he needed at this stage of his career.

“It’s something that I really wanted to do,” said Dollar. “I’ve always looked up to Tyler as one of the top guys at 145 and one of the best in the state for sure. I feel like I dominated the situation and dominated the fight.”

Dollar told MMAWeekly.com that the fight was especially important because he was able to get a submission victory and not just ride out a decision.

“I’m the only one that’s finished him, which is something I really wanted to do,” said Dollar. “His losses have only been by decision, and I really wanted to finish it not only for myself, but for the fans and everyone else.

“I didn’t want to leave it to the judges or have anyone (debate) who won. I just wanted to put an end to it all.”

Dollar credits his move to featherweight for his success this year, having won back-to-back fights.

“I was fighting before at 155, and when I came back from (TUF) I realized that it was just too big of a weight class for me,” he said. “I was really born and bred to be a 145er.

“I learned the science of cutting weight, dieting, and doing what pros do. I’ve been undefeated at 145 and I think it’s where I need to be at. I don’t need to be taking catchweight fights at 150 or go up to 155; it’s not what I want. I want to make my home at 145.”

Dollar extolled the virtues of the new weight by saying, “I’ve seen and hung out with the top guys at 145, and luckily enough I’ve had the opportunity to compare myself to these guys.

“By no means am I boasting about myself by any means, but when it comes down to it, I’m a big 145er. I’ve got a lot of reach and because I’m tall and skinny I’ve got a lot of leverage with my limbs and whatnot.”

Now that Dollar has established himself as a premier featherweight in the MMA-rich environment in Colorado, he wants to get back on the national stage and prove himself after his struggles on TUF.

“I’m just looking back to get into the mainstream, into a big show,” he said. “Whether it’s Bellator, Strikeforce, UFC, Titan or whatever, I just want to get back on a big show and get back on TV and get my name out there.

“I want to be an example for kids that have had a rough upbringing or had a rough time; people that have dealt with a lot of things in life like negativity or whatever. I just want to be an example that if you stand up for your hopes and dreams, you can achieve them; you’ve just got to believe. You may not know how you can do it, but if you believe, you can do anything damn near, you know.”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

The Ultimate Fighter 21 live discussion: Episode 8

Tonight, we have you covered for live coverage of episode 8 of The Ultimate Fighter. TUF: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians airs tonight at 10 pm on Fox Sports 1. Join us here for live discussion. T read news >>

Cain Velasquez UFC 188 pre-fight scrum

MEXICO CITY -- Cain Velasquez responded to Fabricio Werdum's recent comments and discussed his upcoming UFC heavyweight title defense at Wednesday's UFC 188 open workouts. read news >>

On mend from 11th surgery, 'TUF 11' winner Court McGee hopes to return this year

Since Court McGee won “The Ultimate Fighter 11,” he’s had more surgeries than fights – 11 to be exact.Filed under: Featured Videos, MMAjunkie Radio, News, Radio Highlight, UFC read news >>

Uriah Hall steps in to face Krzysztof Jotko at UFC Fight Night Berlin

The TUF 17 veteran replaces Derek Brunson, who pulled out with a rib injury. Another alteration has occurred to the UFC Fight Night: Jedrzejczyk vs. Penne event, as Derek Brunson pulled out of his fi read news >>

TUF 21 results, recap (Ep. 8) for 'ATT vs. Blackzilians'

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 21 returns to FOX Sports 1 later tonight (Weds., June 10, 2015) at 10 p.m. ET, featuring episode eight of the combat sports reality show, pitting American Top Team (ATT) ag read news >>

Sorry Daniel Cormier, but Alexander Gustafsson believes you're not a real UFC champion until you beat Jon Jones

Embrace the asterisk! Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight No. 1 contender, Alexander Gustafsson, is once again fighting for the title, even if it doesn't make a whole lot of sense read news >>

UFC 188's Fabricio Werdum: 'I can win even if no one believes in me'

Fabricio Werdum has the chance to become the true UFC heavyweight champion this Saturday when he faces Cain Velasquez in the main event of UFC 188. That means a lot to the man who wants to leave his read news >>

Brendan Schaub: Fighting no longer makes sense with Reebok deal in place

In a recent epissode of his Fighter & the Kid show, UFC heavyweight, Brendan Schaub talked about how it no longer makes sense for him to fight. The issues fighters face from the controversial UFC/Ree read news >>

Yoel Romero believes he holds a ’50 percent chance’ of beating UFC champ Chris Weidman

UFC middleweight Yoel Romero believes the division’s champion is quite ‘beatable.’ read news >>

Uriah Hall replaces Derek Brunson at UFC Fight Night 69 in Berlin

After a recent split-decision loss to Rafael Natal halted his three-fight winning streak, Uriah Hall will look to get back on track in quick order as a fill-in at next week’s UFC Fight Night 69 event read news >>