Cameron Dollar Ultimate Fighter 9 FinaleFor former Ultimate Fighter 9 cast member Cameron “Money Man” Dollar, his win over former UFC featherweight Tyler “Thunder” Toner at Ring of Fire 43 was something he felt he needed at this stage of his career.

“It’s something that I really wanted to do,” said Dollar. “I’ve always looked up to Tyler as one of the top guys at 145 and one of the best in the state for sure. I feel like I dominated the situation and dominated the fight.”

Dollar told MMAWeekly.com that the fight was especially important because he was able to get a submission victory and not just ride out a decision.

“I’m the only one that’s finished him, which is something I really wanted to do,” said Dollar. “His losses have only been by decision, and I really wanted to finish it not only for myself, but for the fans and everyone else.

“I didn’t want to leave it to the judges or have anyone (debate) who won. I just wanted to put an end to it all.”

Dollar credits his move to featherweight for his success this year, having won back-to-back fights.

“I was fighting before at 155, and when I came back from (TUF) I realized that it was just too big of a weight class for me,” he said. “I was really born and bred to be a 145er.

“I learned the science of cutting weight, dieting, and doing what pros do. I’ve been undefeated at 145 and I think it’s where I need to be at. I don’t need to be taking catchweight fights at 150 or go up to 155; it’s not what I want. I want to make my home at 145.”

Dollar extolled the virtues of the new weight by saying, “I’ve seen and hung out with the top guys at 145, and luckily enough I’ve had the opportunity to compare myself to these guys.

“By no means am I boasting about myself by any means, but when it comes down to it, I’m a big 145er. I’ve got a lot of reach and because I’m tall and skinny I’ve got a lot of leverage with my limbs and whatnot.”

Now that Dollar has established himself as a premier featherweight in the MMA-rich environment in Colorado, he wants to get back on the national stage and prove himself after his struggles on TUF.

“I’m just looking back to get into the mainstream, into a big show,” he said. “Whether it’s Bellator, Strikeforce, UFC, Titan or whatever, I just want to get back on a big show and get back on TV and get my name out there.

“I want to be an example for kids that have had a rough upbringing or had a rough time; people that have dealt with a lot of things in life like negativity or whatever. I just want to be an example that if you stand up for your hopes and dreams, you can achieve them; you’ve just got to believe. You may not know how you can do it, but if you believe, you can do anything damn near, you know.”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

BJ Penn Expects to Return in November, Reponds to Dana White’s Comments

B.J. Penn expects to return to the UFC in November and responds to Dana White's recent comments about him not living up to his full potential. read news >>

Jamall Emmers Believes RFA 41 Bout Could Vault Him to the Next Level

Though he came up short in his RFA lightweight title challenge in June, featherweight Jamall Emmers believes RFA 41 could vault his career to the next level. read news >>

VIDEO: Urijah Faber Talks PEDs, Brock Lesnar, and Chad Mendes

Urijah Faber reflects on his career and also shares his thoughts on Brock Lesnar and Chad Mendes’ recent involvement with PEDs. read news >>

VIDEO: Luke Rockhold Believes an Anderson Silva Beatdown Puts Him Back at the Top

Luke Rockhold wants to get the UFC middleweight belt back, and he believes that a beatdown of Anderson Silva would put him right back in the thick of things. read news >>

Rafael dos Anjos vs. Tony Ferguson Confirmed TUF Latin America 3 Finale Headliner

The UFC confirmed on Tuesday night that a lightweight showdown between Rafael dos Anjos and Tony Ferguson will headline TUF Latin America 3 Finale. read news >>

UFC Salt Lake City Video: Yair Rodriguez – Creative Combat

Dynamic featherweight Yair Rodriguez looks to build on his recent success on Aug. 6 when he meets Alex Caceres in the main event of UFC Fight Night 92. read news >>

Chael Sonnen Rails on Association of Boxing Commissions’ Rules Changes (Video)

Chael Sonnen isn't cheering the ABC's recent MMA rules changes, particularly when it comes to the rule about what constitutes a downed fighter. read news >>

Superstars Blast Conor McGregor for Recent Comments About WWE Roster

Conor McGregor kicked a hornet's nest on Friday. Speaking with the media on a conference call to promote UFC 202, the pay-per-view kingpin was asked if he had any interest in making the jump to profe read news >>

Conor McGregor Not Worried, but Plotting, After UFC Sale (Video)

UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor isn't sweating the UFC's recent sale... he's plotting. read news >>

Where Are They Now? Episode 6: Shonie Carter

Shonie Carter showed up to the Comeback season of TUF with a suitcase of neon shirts and an even louder personality. What’s he been doing since? read news >>