‘TUF 9’ Alumnus Ray Elbe Suffers Penile Fracture During Sexual Intercourse, Expects Full Recovery

Ray Elbe File Photo

On Dec. 3, “Ultimate Fighter” Season 9 competitor Ray Elbe endured an injury most males wouldn’t wish upon their worst enemy.

While having sexual intercourse with his girlfriend, the fighter with the moniker “Magical” suffered a penile fracture. According to Elbe, it was just as traumatic as it sounds.

“I ended up fracturing my penis bone ... I tore the urinary tract, tore some membrane -- as it happened you can imagine the shock and the horror that was going on,” Elbe said in a video posted to his website on Sunday. “I jumped up from the intimate moment, blood shooting out of my groin. I immediately tried to run to the shower, felt myself losing consciousness, tried to walk back to the bed at which point I collapsed, knocking myself out. I gave myself 10 stitches and fractured a couple teeth.”

Eventually, Elbe would seek treatment at a hospital in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where he stayed until Dec. 8.

“I pretty much was on display the entire time I was in the hospital,” he said.

Elbe is scheduled for another checkup on Dec. 19. At the moment, the 30-year-old Tiger Muay Thai founder must urinate through a catheter.

News of the accident first hit the OG Forum, where Elbe himself began posting details of the painful incident. In the video, Elbe said he has received an outpouring of support and well-wishes regarding his injury.

“Obviously it’s just been a really, really, really difficult injury to rehab from,” he said.

Elbe said that his doctor expects him to make a full recovery. Once he is completely healed, Elbe will head to the Philippines to train alongside K-1 standout and two-time One FC veteran Ole Laursen at the Legacy Gym.

Elbe has 34 professional mixed martial arts bouts under his belt, competing primarily for the Rage in the Cage promotion during a career that began in 2002. He last competed at Martial Combat 11 in Singapore on Oct. 15, 2010, where he submitted the well-traveled Shannon Ritch with a triangle choke in the first round.

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is tying a ribbon around its latest season of the FOX Sports 1 mixed martial arts (MMA) reality show with a live finale next Friday night in Las Vegas, Nevada, he read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter's 20th season is nearing its end, and the finale will see the crowning of the champion in a brand-new division. The latest season of the show featured 16 strawweights who will fi read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter's 20th season claimed that a champion would be crowned, and that will come to fruition on Friday evening. Carla Esparza and Rose Namajunas ran through the competition on the show read news >>

Although The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) season 20 ended with a bang this past Wednesday evening, much of the discussion afterward was frustration with the contestants bickering during the "TUF Talk" reun read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter Season 20 is over and done with. As its name suggested, a champion was crowned, as Carla Esparza received a shiny new belt and was declared the UFC's first-ever strawweight champ read news >>

UFC on Fox 13 and The Ultimate Fighter Season 20 Finale are in the books. The results are as follows: The Ultimate Fighter 20 Finale Fight Card UFC Women's Strawweight Championship: Carla Esparza def read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 18 veteran Raquel Pennington was all set to make a big splash in her Octagon return at the upcoming UFC 181 pay-per-view (PPV) event on Sat., Dec. 6, 2014, inside Mandalay read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter season 20 airs Wednesday, December 3 at 10pm ET on FOX Sports 1 read news >>

Join us tonight for live discussion of episode 10 of The Ultimate Fighter season 20, as we crown the inaugural UFC Women's Strawweight champion. Tonight: a stacked double header with Carla Esparza vs read news >>

Jump to: