‘TUF 9’ Alumnus Ray Elbe Suffers Penile Fracture During Sexual Intercourse, Expects Full Recovery

Ray Elbe File Photo

On Dec. 3, “Ultimate Fighter” Season 9 competitor Ray Elbe endured an injury most males wouldn’t wish upon their worst enemy.

While having sexual intercourse with his girlfriend, the fighter with the moniker “Magical” suffered a penile fracture. According to Elbe, it was just as traumatic as it sounds.

“I ended up fracturing my penis bone ... I tore the urinary tract, tore some membrane -- as it happened you can imagine the shock and the horror that was going on,” Elbe said in a video posted to his website on Sunday. “I jumped up from the intimate moment, blood shooting out of my groin. I immediately tried to run to the shower, felt myself losing consciousness, tried to walk back to the bed at which point I collapsed, knocking myself out. I gave myself 10 stitches and fractured a couple teeth.”

Eventually, Elbe would seek treatment at a hospital in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where he stayed until Dec. 8.

“I pretty much was on display the entire time I was in the hospital,” he said.

Elbe is scheduled for another checkup on Dec. 19. At the moment, the 30-year-old Tiger Muay Thai founder must urinate through a catheter.

News of the accident first hit the OG Forum, where Elbe himself began posting details of the painful incident. In the video, Elbe said he has received an outpouring of support and well-wishes regarding his injury.

“Obviously it’s just been a really, really, really difficult injury to rehab from,” he said.

Elbe said that his doctor expects him to make a full recovery. Once he is completely healed, Elbe will head to the Philippines to train alongside K-1 standout and two-time One FC veteran Ole Laursen at the Legacy Gym.

Elbe has 34 professional mixed martial arts bouts under his belt, competing primarily for the Rage in the Cage promotion during a career that began in 2002. He last competed at Martial Combat 11 in Singapore on Oct. 15, 2010, where he submitted the well-traveled Shannon Ritch with a triangle choke in the first round.

Kevin Casey at UFC 175 and Robert Drysdale at The Ultimate Fighter 19 Finale each was drug tested following their respective bouts, and each failed. read news >>

Bad times for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) black belts-turned mixed martial arts (MMA) practitioners as both winners failed their post-fight drug test in Nevada following their bouts earlier this month read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter contestant Bec Rawlings was speechless when UFC president Dana White called her with an invite to appear on the reality show. read news >>

“The Ultimate Fighter 17? cast member Gilbert Smith has replaced kickboxer Cosmo Alexandre at this month’s Legacy FC 34 event.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, MMA Rumors, News read news >>

Former Ultimate Fighter season six competitor and seven-fight UFC veteran Ben "Killa B" Saunders (16-6-2) will return to the Octagon for the first time since 2010 on August 23. read news >>

Eddie Gordon ran the gauntlet to win “The Ultimate Fighter 19? earlier this year, and he did it with a grotesque toe injury.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

For the first time since 2012, Las Vegas’ Hard Rock Hotel & Casino will host a UFC event. MMAjunkie today learned the Sin City property will host The Ultimate Fighter 20 Finale, which features the fi read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter is not for everybody. The ordeal of spending weeks on end away from loved ones, all while being stuck in a house with your competition often proves too much. read news >>

• 3 hours ago

Topless Felice Herrig photos gallery from Fitness Gurls magazine featuring The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 20 strawweight contestant, who is being pegged as the new "Bad Girl" of Ultimate Fighting Champio read news >>