‘TUF 9’ Alumnus Ray Elbe Suffers Penile Fracture During Sexual Intercourse, Expects Full Recovery

Ray Elbe File Photo

On Dec. 3, “Ultimate Fighter” Season 9 competitor Ray Elbe endured an injury most males wouldn’t wish upon their worst enemy.

While having sexual intercourse with his girlfriend, the fighter with the moniker “Magical” suffered a penile fracture. According to Elbe, it was just as traumatic as it sounds.

“I ended up fracturing my penis bone ... I tore the urinary tract, tore some membrane -- as it happened you can imagine the shock and the horror that was going on,” Elbe said in a video posted to his website on Sunday. “I jumped up from the intimate moment, blood shooting out of my groin. I immediately tried to run to the shower, felt myself losing consciousness, tried to walk back to the bed at which point I collapsed, knocking myself out. I gave myself 10 stitches and fractured a couple teeth.”

Eventually, Elbe would seek treatment at a hospital in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where he stayed until Dec. 8.

“I pretty much was on display the entire time I was in the hospital,” he said.

Elbe is scheduled for another checkup on Dec. 19. At the moment, the 30-year-old Tiger Muay Thai founder must urinate through a catheter.

News of the accident first hit the OG Forum, where Elbe himself began posting details of the painful incident. In the video, Elbe said he has received an outpouring of support and well-wishes regarding his injury.

“Obviously it’s just been a really, really, really difficult injury to rehab from,” he said.

Elbe said that his doctor expects him to make a full recovery. Once he is completely healed, Elbe will head to the Philippines to train alongside K-1 standout and two-time One FC veteran Ole Laursen at the Legacy Gym.

Elbe has 34 professional mixed martial arts bouts under his belt, competing primarily for the Rage in the Cage promotion during a career that began in 2002. He last competed at Martial Combat 11 in Singapore on Oct. 15, 2010, where he submitted the well-traveled Shannon Ritch with a triangle choke in the first round.

If you're on the cast of The Ultimate Fighter season 20 and you're healthy enough to fight, you have a place on the season finale card. That's according to a Tuesday report from Damon Martin of Fox S read news >>

Leonardo Santos won the second season of The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil in 2013, but things could have done a different direction it if wasn’t for a controversial fight that few people know about. One read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) season nine winner (and later coach) Ross Pearson took on TUF: Live runner-up Al Iaquinta in the co-main event of tonight's (Nov. 7, 2014) UFC Fight Night 55: "Rockhold vs. read news >>

A competitor on season 17 of TUF, Sweden's Tor Troeng has decided to call it quits after a 1-3 career in the UFC. MMA is a strange sport, unlike baseball or football (and to a lesser extent basketbal read news >>

The SnP Show went LIVE Saturday on NBC Sports Radio The Rival with former The Ultimate Fighter season 17 contestant Gilbert Jamal Smith in studio for the entire read news >>

Check out the latest episode of The Ultimate Fighter Latin America on UFC FIGHT PASS on Tuesday at 12am ET read news >>

Fifteen of the 16 cast members who are part of “The Ultimate Fighter 20? cast will compete at the show’s live finale in December.Filed under: MMA Rumors, News, UFC read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter season 20 airs Wednesday, October 29 at 10pm ET on FOX Sports 1 read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 20 is back on FOX Sports 1 later tonight (Weds., Oct. 29, 2014) as the elimination fights continue on episode six with No. 5-ranked Aisling Daly (Team Pettis) taking on No. read news >>

Jump to: