Ray Elbe File Photo

On Dec. 3, “Ultimate Fighter” Season 9 competitor Ray Elbe endured an injury most males wouldn’t wish upon their worst enemy.

While having sexual intercourse with his girlfriend, the fighter with the moniker “Magical” suffered a penile fracture. According to Elbe, it was just as traumatic as it sounds.

“I ended up fracturing my penis bone ... I tore the urinary tract, tore some membrane -- as it happened you can imagine the shock and the horror that was going on,” Elbe said in a video posted to his website on Sunday. “I jumped up from the intimate moment, blood shooting out of my groin. I immediately tried to run to the shower, felt myself losing consciousness, tried to walk back to the bed at which point I collapsed, knocking myself out. I gave myself 10 stitches and fractured a couple teeth.”

Eventually, Elbe would seek treatment at a hospital in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where he stayed until Dec. 8.

“I pretty much was on display the entire time I was in the hospital,” he said.

Elbe is scheduled for another checkup on Dec. 19. At the moment, the 30-year-old Tiger Muay Thai founder must urinate through a catheter.

News of the accident first hit the OG Forum, where Elbe himself began posting details of the painful incident. In the video, Elbe said he has received an outpouring of support and well-wishes regarding his injury.

“Obviously it’s just been a really, really, really difficult injury to rehab from,” he said.

Elbe said that his doctor expects him to make a full recovery. Once he is completely healed, Elbe will head to the Philippines to train alongside K-1 standout and two-time One FC veteran Ole Laursen at the Legacy Gym.

Elbe has 34 professional mixed martial arts bouts under his belt, competing primarily for the Rage in the Cage promotion during a career that began in 2002. He last competed at Martial Combat 11 in Singapore on Oct. 15, 2010, where he submitted the well-traveled Shannon Ritch with a triangle choke in the first round.

After Grisly Skull Fracture, Bellator Should Say No to Return of Cyborg Santos

In the MMA world Monday, the figure holding the scale between integrity and lucre looked less like a blindfolded woman and more like Scott Coker. The same day, Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos, a 38-year- read news >>

Kelvin Gastelum Faces Jorge Masvidal at the TUF: Latin America 3 Finale

Fifth-ranked 170-pound contender Kelvin Gastelum faces battle-tested veteran Jorge Masvidal at The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America 3 Finale in Mexico City. read news >>

TUF Latin America 3: Episode 2 Preview

Following a week of introductions as coaches Chuck Liddell and Forrest Griffin got to know the fighters and make their team selections, the first bout of the latest season of The Ultimate Fighter Lat read news >>

Knockout Radio LIVE: Eddie Gordon, TUF 24’s Matt Schnell, and UFC Hamburg Preview

Tune in Wednesday, Aug. 31, at 6 pm ET, for Knockout Radio LIVE! as they talk with Eddie Gordon and Matt Schnell, preview UFC Fight Night 93, and recap UFC on FOX 21. read news >>

Following Coaching Stint on TUF 24, Gaston Bolanos Takes Aim at Lion Fight Title

Gaston Bolanos will get a chance to challenge for his first major Muay Thai title when he takes on veteran Tum Sityodtong in a Lion Fight lightweight title bout. read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 24 Finale: Team Benavidez vs Team Cejudo Event Page and Fight Card | MMAWeekly.com

TUF 24: Team Benavidez vs. Team Cejudo Finale fight card rumors and start times for Dec. 3, 2016, in Las Vegas, Nevada. read news >>

Biggest Upset in TUF History Happened This Week | MMAWeekly.com

Arguably the biggest upset in the history of The Ultimate Fighter happened on the fifth episode of TUF 24: Tournament of Champions, which aired on Wednesday. read news >>

'TUF 24' contestant Brandon Moreno in for Pettis, meets Louis Smolka at UFC Fight Night 96

Louis Smolka has had a busy day. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>