Dominic WatersPerhaps one of the more unknown commodities heading into the current season of The Ultimate Fighter on FX, Dominic Waters has begun making a name for himself by the way he handles his business both in and out of the Octagon.

Perhaps more surprised than anyone of how he’s been able to stand out is Waters himself.

“I was really hyped up because I got out of the Marine Corps about eight months before I got the call to go,” said Waters. “It’s such a big opportunity. I know I really haven’t proven myself or anything and still have a long way to go, but I was really hyped and couldn’t wait to get in the gym and start training.”

Still, Waters felt that he would make his way to the UFC, either via the show or by making it the old fashioned way.

“I look at it like I could have taken the long route or this route, it doesn’t matter because I’m going to get there eventually,” Waters told MMAWeekly.com.

Waters’ impact on the show was felt immediately when he KO’d fellow hopeful Kevin Nowaczyk just 32 seconds into their preliminary bout.

“That’s how I go into every fight,” said Waters. “I just want to get in there and show them that I have my skills ready to go because I train hard and I try to finish fights fast.”

Waters’ explosiveness immediately garnished the attention of coach Roy Nelson, who made him the first pick on their team.

“It just gave me so much extra motivation and everything,” said Waters. “I got in there. It’s not hard to train or anything. I’m the number one pick and everyone expects me to do good, and I expect to do good.”

Waters feels his portrayal on the show so far has accurately reflected him and how he intended to carry himself during its duration.

“I think it’s a good representation of who I am,” he said. “I wasn’t really into the pranks or anything and didn’t want to make an ass of myself on national TV. I stayed calm and I focused on what I was there for instead of just trying to get TV time like some of the guys.”

Waters says he has taken a lot from the experience, regardless of the results of the season, and that it’s made him a better fighter than before.

“I like Pat Berry and Duane Ludwig’s view of fighting,” sad Waters. “Just go in there, fight hard, don’t leave it in the judges’ hands, and go in there and give it your all basically.

“I went there wanting to win the show, obviously, but more than anything, I just wanted to make me a better fighter. Since I’ve been home, I’ve just seen myself evolve more than anything.”

The Ultimate Fighter airs at 10 p.m. ET/PT every Friday on FX.

Vitor Miranda vs. Clint Hester booked for UFC 190

TUF Brazil 3 runner-up Vitor Miranda, who successfully cut from heavyweight to middleweight to earn his first UFC victory, is scheduled to face Clint Hester at UFC 190 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on A read news >>

UFC 189: Judges, referees selected for Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor, Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald

Same familiar faces will be on hand next month when the Irish and Brazilian takeover invades Las Vegas. Veteran referees Herb Dean and John McCarthy were selected Thursday at a meeting of the Nevada read news >>

Marcio Alexandre Jr. meets George Sullivan at Las Vegas' TUF 21 Finale in July

A welterweight bout between a pair of hard hitters looking to rebound from losses to Tim Means is the latest addition to July’s lineup for The Ultimate Fighter 21 Finale.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

'TUF 21: ATT vs. Blackzilians' blog: Michael Graves on episode No. 8

In his weekly blog for MMAjunkie, “The Ultimate Fighter 21? cast member and American Top Team representative Michael Graves discusses the season’s eighth episode.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

TUF 21 American Top Team vs. Blackzilians: Episode 8 Results and Recap

With American Top Team reeling and the Blackzilians streaking, who would snag the last 50-point fight going into the final round? That was the big question going into episode eight of The Ultimate Fi read news >>

Knockout Radio Live: Ken Shamrock and TUF 21 Fight Winner

Tune in Thursday, June 11, at 6 p.m. EST, for Knockout Radio LIVE with Bellator heavyweight and UFC Hall of Famer Ken Shamrock, and the latest TUF 21 fight winner. read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 21 live discussion: Episode 8

Tonight, we have you covered for live coverage of episode 8 of The Ultimate Fighter. TUF: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians airs tonight at 10 pm on Fox Sports 1. Join us here for live discussion. T read news >>

On mend from 11th surgery, 'TUF 11' winner Court McGee hopes to return this year

Since Court McGee won “The Ultimate Fighter 11,” he’s had more surgeries than fights – 11 to be exact.Filed under: Featured Videos, MMAjunkie Radio, News, Radio Highlight, UFC read news >>

Uriah Hall steps in to face Krzysztof Jotko at UFC Fight Night Berlin

The TUF 17 veteran replaces Derek Brunson, who pulled out with a rib injury. Another alteration has occurred to the UFC Fight Night: Jedrzejczyk vs. Penne event, as Derek Brunson pulled out of his fi read news >>

TUF 21 results, recap (Ep. 8) for 'ATT vs. Blackzilians'

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 21 returns to FOX Sports 1 later tonight (Weds., June 10, 2015) at 10 p.m. ET, featuring episode eight of the combat sports reality show, pitting American Top Team (ATT) ag read news >>