Josh Byrant TUF 11Since his release from the UFC in mid-2010, former Ultimate Fighter 11 middleweight Josh “Beast” Bryant has managed to win four fights in a row, because as he puts it, he doesn’t want what happened to him in his last fight with the promotion to become a pattern.

“I feel like I didn’t fight the kind of fight that I do and kind of went out there and did what Kyle Noke wanted to do and fought his fight,” said Bryant. “I’ve since made it a conscience effort to not let that happen again and so far it’s been working for me.

“No matter what anybody says, getting a contract in the UFC and then get it ripped out definitely puts a little chip on your shoulder. You’ve got something to prove to yourself and the people around you. Every time you’re out there you look at it as being the next step toward getting back to the big show.”

While he’s been successful over the last couple of years, it wasn’t always easy, as an injury sidelined Bryant for nearly a year during his winning streak.

“Having come off an injury, you’re always worried about your next fight and how your game plan is going to work and stuff like that, so I was pretty happy with both my fights this year,” he said. “I was able to get healthy and impose my will on my last two opponents.

“It is always nice to come off an injury and feel just as good as before it happened.”

Bryant’s success has earned him a middleweight title shot at Saturday’s King of the Cage: Unification show in Tulsa, Okla., where he’s scheduled to take on reigning champion Sean Strickland.

“I think (Strickland) is a strong guy and aggressive when pushed, so I think I’m going to be able to dictate the pace of the fight, which I like to do,” said Bryant. “I also feel like he doesn’t really set much up, he just reacts to what’s going on in the fight, so I think my experience will help me get a win over him.

“I’m looking to beat up on him a little bit standing up, force a scramble situation and possibly dominate him with my wrestling and my jiu-jitsu and get a win on the ground.”

A win over Strickland would put the cap on a year that’s been one of his best, but more importantly it will allow him to transition into 2013 with a winning streak that could help propel him back up to the next level.

“I take each fight as it comes, but I’m always putting my name out there and in the hat, and I think there’s some big doors open for me next year,” said Bryant. “I’ve been in contact with several promotions and I think there will be lots of opportunities.

“For now, I’m focused on this fight, focused on getting this win, because every loss hurts your chances and hurts your pocket. It’s not every day you get an opportunity like this, so when you get them you’ve got to capitalize on it, and that’s my game plan, to capitalize on it and use it.”

Marcio Alexandre Jr. meets George Sullivan at Las Vegas' TUF 21 Finale in July

A welterweight bout between a pair of hard hitters looking to rebound from losses to Tim Means is the latest addition to July’s lineup for The Ultimate Fighter 21 Finale.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

'TUF 21: ATT vs. Blackzilians' blog: Michael Graves on episode No. 8

In his weekly blog for MMAjunkie, “The Ultimate Fighter 21? cast member and American Top Team representative Michael Graves discusses the season’s eighth episode.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

TUF 21 American Top Team vs. Blackzilians: Episode 8 Results and Recap

With American Top Team reeling and the Blackzilians streaking, who would snag the last 50-point fight going into the final round? That was the big question going into episode eight of The Ultimate Fi read news >>

Knockout Radio Live: Ken Shamrock and TUF 21 Fight Winner

Tune in Thursday, June 11, at 6 p.m. EST, for Knockout Radio LIVE with Bellator heavyweight and UFC Hall of Famer Ken Shamrock, and the latest TUF 21 fight winner. read news >>

UK Lightweight Rob Sinclair Battles Back for BAMMA Return

It has been a tough two years for Rob Sinclair, but the UK lightweight is finally getting things in order after overcoming a career threatening injury. read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 21 live discussion: Episode 8

Tonight, we have you covered for live coverage of episode 8 of The Ultimate Fighter. TUF: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians airs tonight at 10 pm on Fox Sports 1. Join us here for live discussion. T read news >>

On mend from 11th surgery, 'TUF 11' winner Court McGee hopes to return this year

Since Court McGee won “The Ultimate Fighter 11,” he’s had more surgeries than fights – 11 to be exact.Filed under: Featured Videos, MMAjunkie Radio, News, Radio Highlight, UFC read news >>

Uriah Hall steps in to face Krzysztof Jotko at UFC Fight Night Berlin

The TUF 17 veteran replaces Derek Brunson, who pulled out with a rib injury. Another alteration has occurred to the UFC Fight Night: Jedrzejczyk vs. Penne event, as Derek Brunson pulled out of his fi read news >>

TUF 21 results, recap (Ep. 8) for 'ATT vs. Blackzilians'

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 21 returns to FOX Sports 1 later tonight (Weds., June 10, 2015) at 10 p.m. ET, featuring episode eight of the combat sports reality show, pitting American Top Team (ATT) ag read news >>

UFC 188 Predictions: Can Cain Velasquez Finally Make a Splash in Mexico City?

Calling a "do-over" never felt so good. Cain Velasquez and Fabricio Werdum will finally meet to unify the heavyweight title on Saturday at UFC 188 in Mexico City. When they do, they'll make good on t read news >>